Opinion Woolies thread

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
like anything new it raises opportunities for the unscrupulous as well as a way to downsize a major cost for business....STAFF.
On principle I will NOT uses self serve checkouts and have on the odd occasion when stores have not had a "check out" chick I would rather leave my purchase behind and walk out.
Young people need to get work experience and dealing with customers into their resume'

It is also an indication and confirmation that we are going to be a CASHLESS society whether we like it or not.

You only have to look at how vehement those on the taxpayer teat (welfare and Dole) object to a cashless cards like Basics Card.

Their main reason?
Its MY money and I will spend it how I want BUT its NOT their money even if they have paid taxes and its to give them a leg up with rent and food not for dhurries, drugs , grog and gambling.
Of course they overlook that after the majority is "quarantined into an account on a card that supposedly limits what it can be used for they still have 20% accessible as cash they can pee up the wall if it suits them
The other excuse is that it is "embarrassing" to have to use a CARD....its not embarrassing it shows you are being assisted in time of need.
even the card can be "rorted " by unscrupulous business who will sell an item as something that can be purchased on the card but its a step towards accountability of taxpayers money.

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
like anything new it raises opportunities for the unscrupulous as well as a way to downsize a major cost for business....STAFF.
On principle I will NOT uses self serve checkouts and have on the odd occasion when stores have not had a "check out" chick I would rather leave my purchase behind and walk out.
Young people need to get work experience and dealing with customers into their resume'

It is also an indication and confirmation that we are going to be a CASHLESS society whether we like it or not.

You only have to look at how vehement those on the taxpayer teat (welfare and Dole) object to a cashless cards like Basics Card.

Their main reason?
Its MY money and I will spend it how I want BUT its NOT their money even if they have paid taxes and its to give them a leg up with rent and food not for dhurries, drugs , grog and gambling.
Of course they overlook that after the majority is "quarantined into an account on a card that supposedly limits what it can be used for they still have 20% accessible as cash they can pee up the wall if it suits them
The other excuse is that it is "embarrassing" to have to use a CARD....its not embarrassing it shows you are being assisted in time of need.
even the card can be "rorted " by unscrupulous business who will sell an item as something that can be purchased on the card but its a step towards accountability of taxpayers money.
I hope never to have to apply for the aged pension because that is for people who are unable to help themselves through no fault of their own, however if it should come to pass that I need govt assistance I will be beholden to the taxpayer for their generosity.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
I hope never to have to apply for the aged pension because that is for people who are unable to help themselves through no fault of their own, however if it should come to pass that I need govt assistance I will be beholden to the taxpayer for their generosity.
yes that is what it is there for now...to offer support to those who need it.

Those who expect it and live their life accordingly are leeches who could have but didnt help themselves.
A bit like the ants and the grasshopper

If you do not through no fault of your own have enough then you deserve and should apply for part pension "supplements" as well as that you get the "health" card and other benefits.

The age requirement is also getting higher but that is offset by people living longer these days.
Those who spend their lives doing physical work are in a bit of a bind because their bodies may last to the required age but again they can apply for disability assistance.

Reactions: Southy

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller

I don't know how some live. Especially younger families - say 4 kids and wife at home.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
You might have some unexpected wealth coming your way?
They won’t back pay it they’ll probs give us $200 on our rewards card so then the money goes back into the company and they profit anyway that’s what they’ve done before.

Unions do nothing about it too.

Reactions: Southy

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
They won’t back pay it they’ll probs give us $200 on our rewards card so then the money goes back into the company and they profit anyway that’s what they’ve done before.

Unions do nothing about it too.
so many awards covering the same jobs plus you have personal negotiated pay rates and union negotiated penalty rates.
an accountant in salaries would have their sanity tested trying to comply with them all at the best of times.
the important thing is when discrepancies come to light that they are addressed asap.
penalty rates 1.JPG

Reactions: Rabbits 21