Opinion Woolies thread

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Anyone bought their Christmas ham yet?

We don’t do that we have BBQ Chickens.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
When I went to Woolies at Minto Marketplace (Minto Mall) the other day, I bought:

raspberries
cherries
watermelon
kiwi fruit
apples
bananas
spinach
cauliflower
broccoli
oranges
red and green bell peppers
carrots
sweet potatoes
potatoes

They didn't have any grapes! :bawling:

Last edited:

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018

I usually have Christmas Day at my parents house. They usually have turkey on Christmas Day, and sometimes lamb. There are normally left overs, so they finish that off on Boxing Day.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
When I went to Woolies at Minto Marketplace (Minto Mall) the other day, I bought:

raspberries
cherries
watermelon
kiwi fruit
apples
bananas
spinach
cauliflower
broccoli
oranges
carrots
sweet potatoes
potatoes

That will do you for this week but what are you going to get for xmas as fruit doesn't last except in a chiller where its kept gassed for anything up to 12mths before they sell them.
How many times do you have to be told there is NO "T" in Minno:D.
Seriously though you could have bought some almond milk and whipped it all up in a Super Ninja to make a great smoothie:rolleyes:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I order mine and the turkey from the Woolies butcher. Pick up Christmas Eve. Both free range of course … :) Together they can be expensive.

I'm not a great chicken eater. But I like Turkey at this time - for a change. Cranberry sauce etc. All the roast veges.

My wife makes a proper pudding and cake - and we always have a prawn cocktail for entrée before the mains. We're a bit traditional on the day.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018

raspberries
cherries
watermelon
kiwi fruit
apples
bananas
spinach
cauliflower
broccoli
oranges
carrots
sweet potatoes
potatoes

They must be so popular the grapes.

Red and green bell peppers are they called bullhorn capsicum?

That must’ve cost you lots of money.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I order mine and the turkey from the Woolies butcher. Pick up Christmas Eve. Both free range of course … :) Together they can be expensive.

I'm not a great chicken eater. But I like Turkey at this time - for a change. Cranberry sauce etc. All the roast veges.

My wife makes a proper pudding and cake - and we always have a prawn cocktail for entrée before the mains. We're a bit traditional on the day.
Free range would cost you an arm and a leg lol.....

I had free range macro chicken schnitzel the other week without the crumbing and it was not nice at all. I nearly had to chuck it out.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
That will do you for this week but what are you going to get for xmas as fruit doesn't last except in a chiller where its kept gassed for anything up to 12mths before they sell them.
How many times do you have to be told there is NO "T" in Minno:D.
Seriously though you could have bought some almond milk and whipped it all up in a Super Ninja to make a great smoothie:rolleyes:
I'll be getting more supplies before Christmas Day. I get to my parents' house in the morning on Christmas Day and help with the cooking. I usually make roast potato and pumpkin, and some boiled broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. I might go to MINNO'S Fruit Orchard next time for supplies! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: stanleyg

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
My son's contribution to the day is "eating" and "drinking" … :)

Mind you he probably paid for the wine … and it's always great to have him here.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
I forgot to add something to my list of what I bought at Woolies - nectarines! It's all I have been eating today. They are so sweet and juicy mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Having a bowl of Streets Blue Ribbon vanilla ice cream with some slices of kiwi fruit! OMG, it is sooo good! :D

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I usually have Christmas Day at my parents house. They usually have turkey on Christmas Day, and sometimes lamb. There are normally left overs, so they finish that off on Boxing Day.
bubble and squeak sometimes is better than the roast 2 days after.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
bubble and squeak sometimes is better than the roast 2 days after.
Xmas leftovers as a kid consisted of a midnight raid to the fridge and making a mashed potato and cabbage sandwich.
I am sticking with the midnight seafood shopping list, a pig out on the day and boxing day on the couch watching the start of the Sydney - Hobart.