Poll Wooden Spooners

Hayne Plane

Apr 28, 2013
We have almost completed 7 rounds and things are all over the shop. Some teams where you think they would of been like the Storm and Rabbitohs and some teams not like the Warriors and Bulldogs.
So I ask now make your prediction on who will get the Wooden Spoon....

My Tip is the Wests Tigers

WhiteLineFever

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2013
Something tells me Penrith might struggle. There at the foot of the Mountains and I think they will be at the foot of the table

Mr Chook

Apr 8, 2013
Sydney
I tipped Penrith pre season and I'll stick by that for the time being. Things may change though, such as the Sharks/ASADA investigation.

TerryG

Voider of Warranties
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
thenzwarriorsonline.com
The Warriors have one finger on their first ever Spoon. They have nothing in defence leaking 174 points in 7 games, 3rd worst after Parra 189 points, and generally offer only a weak attack for 60-70 minutes before putting the cue back in the rack.
That's Spoon material surely.

Late edit: After tonight's 44-12 win by the Pennies over Parra, the Eels may be making a determined run at a 2nd consecutive Spoon. Warriors now way last on the table atm.

meanasmullet

Apr 30, 2013
my pick would be parramatta. they offered very little in last nights game. have not improved at all from last year. there 1 go to guy is out with a injury now (Mannah)

TerryG

Voider of Warranties
Staff member
Apr 3, 2013
thenzwarriorsonline.com
my pick would be parramatta. they offered very little in last nights game. have not improved at all from last year. there 1 go to guy is out with a injury now (Mannah)
Parra fans flamed their team badly on twitter after the game.
Here's one "Going into tonight I thought the difference would be Ben Roberts... Turns out the difference was 1-17"
Here's another: "Ben Roberts Smith VC is Australia's hero & toughest soldier we have had. Ben Roberts & Smith shouldn't be allowed to share his name".

Tough break for Mannah now he's no longer up for SoO consideration.

Muppet

Staff member
Apr 7, 2013
Still too early to tell for me. It can change so quickly. A Team only needs to get on a run for 3-4 weeks to move themselves out of spoon contention. In saying that, as a Warriors supporter "I am feeling nervous"

WhiteLineFever

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 19, 2013
The way Penrith played last night might make me eat my words. But then again they are always hard to beat at home. They just can't travel

Mr X

Apr 23, 2013
If ASADA doesn't clean out the Sharks after last night game my new tip is the Tigers. How bad are they going?

Muppet

Staff member
Apr 7, 2013
Other than The Storm, Manly, Souths, Roosters and Brisbane, it really is an open horse race.