News Wests Tigers - News and Views

Madtiger

Feb 5, 2018
In regards to the Tigers, they lack a top quality forward IMO.
I think the forward will be ok, Matterson will be good for us, Mikaele and Garner are two young blokes that I'm looking to step up this year, Josh Aloiai is the key for us I think if he takes his game to the next level, we will be fine if not Josh maybe looking for a new club It's the backs that worry me. To small, to slow and part from Marsters no real threat in the backs at all. Hoping Momirovski nails down the other center spot. If Robert Jennings comes over that's even better but not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Madtiger

Feb 5, 2018
How do you think Souths will go under Bennett mate?

Can we slip into the top 4?
Uncle Wayne is a funny one, but I think Souths will ok not top 4 maybe 5th or 6th. It's a long season anything can. Any lower and you will have to ask is Bennett heart in it. A mate said to me last year, Bennett had two options tigers and souths one will play finals on regular bases and maybe a grand final, the other option was he takes a weak club and turns them into a powerhouse club.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Archie

Jul 30, 2017
Tiges - maybe near outside 8. I'd place around 10. You never know. Bunnies - with Bennett - 7/8.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I think the forward will be ok, Matterson will be good for us, Mikaele and Garner are two young blokes that I'm looking to step up this year, Josh Aloiai is the key for us I think if he takes his game to the next level, we will be fine if not Josh maybe looking for a new club It's the backs that worry me. To small, to slow and part from Marsters no real threat in the backs at all. Hoping Momirovski nails down the other center spot. If Robert Jennings comes over that's even better but not getting my hopes up.
Marsters for a move to back row you reckon or off the bench?

Matterson and Lawrence will be the back rowers won’t they?

The strength of the TIgers is your backs make lots and lots of metres!

If I was you I would want to see more from Packer and Matulino, I don’t think they stood up enough when you guys needed it!

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Uncle Wayne is a funny one, but I think Souths will ok not top 4 maybe 5th or 6th. It's a long season anything can. Any lower and you will have to ask is Bennett heart in it. A mate said to me last year, Bennett had two options tigers and souths one will play finals on regular bases and maybe a grand final, the other option was he takes a weak club and turns them into a powerhouse club.
I’m quite confident in our squad.

My concern is our depth in the second row!

Reactions: Madtiger

Madtiger

Feb 5, 2018
Marsters for a move to back row you reckon or off the bench?

Matterson and Lawrence will be the back rowers, won’t they?

The strength of the TIgers is your backs make lots and lots of meters!

If I was you I would want to see more from Packer and Matulino, I don’t think they stood up enough when you guys needed it!
Marsters to stay at centre

Matterson & Lawrence back rowers, lock will be an interesting one.
They do make a lot of meters but that's about it.
With Packer & Matulino I think they played as to what the coach wants, big year for both,

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Marsters to stay at centre

Matterson & Lawrence back rowers, lock will be an interesting one.
They do make a lot of meters but that's about it.
With Packer & Matulino I think they played as to what the coach wants, big year for both,
Word is Jennings has agreed to terms with Souths. Yiiiippppppeeee if true.

S J

Mod Squad
Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Tigers could be a smokie for 2019. Must get going early and get those wins on the board. They don't want to try and pick up wins at the end - or reply on SOO.

They must also win the close ones. Losing the close ones - always 3 or 4 games a season - can make or break a season.

Maguire is a good coach and should have them firing. They also have something to prove with their old Coach leaving like he did.

Reactions: Madtiger

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
They'll be crap if Packer and Matulino play like cream puffs. If Madge can fire them up and make them play good then WT could go okay.

Madtiger

Feb 5, 2018
They'll be crap if Packer and Matulino play like cream puffs. If Madge can fire them up and make them play good then WT could go okay.
The first trial game will tell us which Packer and Matulino we have. Cream puffs or leaders/enforcers.