News Warriors News, Signings, re-signings and Transfers

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Patrick Herbert and Peta Hiku won't play in round two after returning home to New Zealand for family reasons following the coronavirus pandemic.

Reactions: S J

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Warriors CEO Cameron George concedes the club may not play again on New Zealand soil in 2020 as new coronavirus isolation measures are already limiting who Stephen Kearney can bring into his line-up for next Saturday's game against Canberra.

The Warriors will be based at Kingscliff this week with their round-two fixture against the Raiders moving from Auckland to the Gold Coast due to a mandatory 14-day self-isolation period for people arriving into New Zealand.

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
New Zealand Warriors CEO Cameron George confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that he is in discussions with multiple clubs about the idea of bringing in players on loan to bolster their squad in Australia.

While he wouldn't confirm which clubs or players had been involved in talks so far, George said there was little chance rival clubs would part with frontline talent and that any loanees would likely be players who don't feature regularly at first-grade level right now.

As it stands the Warriors have 24 fit players with them on the Gold Coast, but only 20 of them are on NRL contracts.

He confirmed the NRL has granted the club permission to play development players Rocco Berry, Paul Turner, Tom Ale and Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard this weekend despite them sitting outside their top 30 squad.

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Utility back Gerard Beale as well as forwards Jazz Tevaga, Agnatius Paasi and Josh Curran – who all missed the round one loss to Newcastle due to injury – will begin their fortnight in isolation on Thursday, meaning they won't be available for selection until round four at the earliest.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Round 3:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Patrick Herbert
  3. David Fusitu'a
  4. Peta Hiku
  5. Ken Maumalo
  6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  7. Blake Green
  8. Leeson Ah Mau
  9. Wayde Egan
  10. Lachlan Burr
  11. Adam Blair
  12. Tohu Harris
  13. Jazz Tevaga
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Isaiah Papali'i
  16. Eliesa Katoa
  17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Others: Leivaha Pulu, Gerard Beale, Agnatius Paasi, King Vuniyayawa.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Round 3:

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
  2. Patrick Herbert
  3. David Fusitu'a
  4. Peta Hiku
  5. Ken Maumalo
  6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
  7. Blake Green
  8. Leeson Ah Mau
  9. Wayde Egan
  10. Lachlan Burr
  11. Adam Blair
  12. Tohu Harris
  13. Jazz Tevaga
  14. Kodi Nikorima
  15. Isaiah Papali'i
  16. Eliesa Katoa
  17. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

Others: Leivaha Pulu, Gerard Beale, Agnatius Paasi, King Vuniyayawa.
I don’t know how much longer Stephen Kearney will last if the Warriors keep on producing what they dished up the first couple of rounds.

I just don’t think they have the cattle right now

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
New Zealand Warriors coach Stephen Kearney reveals how proud he is of the Warriors players and the way they have handled the last five weeks.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I don’t know how much longer Stephen Kearney will last if the Warriors keep on producing what they dished up the first couple of rounds.

I just don’t think they have the cattle right now
You have to wonder why when you see the NZ players in the NRL.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
The New Zealand Warriors have made a lucrative play for promising Cronulla prop Toby Rudolf, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.to

The 24-year old is off-contract at the end of 2020 and the Warriors have been eyeing him off for some time, offering a three-year deal worth money than he is currently on.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
The New Zealand Warriors have made a lucrative play for promising Cronulla prop Toby Rudolf, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.to

The 24-year old is off-contract at the end of 2020 and the Warriors have been eyeing him off for some time, offering a three-year deal worth money than he is currently on.
I don’t think that’d be a good career move for Rudolf as whoever goes over there tends to go backwards.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Being quarantined in Tamworth with little else to do but train is set to "sharpen everyone's game up", according to Warriors forward Lachlan Burr.

The Auckland-based club has been in the country NSW town since May 3.

With hooker Nathaniel Roache joining the squad late after missing the initial flight with flu-like symptoms, the Warriors opted to restart their quarantine and they'll now remain Tamworth's highest-profile residents until May 21, when they'll move to Gosford.