Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Ecclesiastes 9:11
Ecclesiastes 9:11
SUM PIC XRF DEV STU
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.

New Living Translation
I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

English Standard Version
Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.

Reactions: S J

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville

VERSE OF THE DAY
October 12
Daniel 7:13-14
13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.
READ DANIEL 7
READ IN PARALLEL | COMPARE TRANSLATIONS

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading these daily Bible words Southy. Well done and keep up the great work! :)
Thanks TFR, our daily lives can be so busy that we can drift away from the Lord and His word, I hope that in some small way that this thread keeps us closer to Him. :)

Reactions: S J