Match Preview Trial 1 - Riverina vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 16th February 6:00pm @Abury Sports Ground

callmack1

Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
The week has finally arrived guys!!! Footy is back!!!

This will a a game where all the young guys are given a go I predict and we won't see many first graders playing in this one. Still really looking forward to it though and hopefully there's a live stream somewhere.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

southsport

May 20, 2013
Team is.

The Souths squad is:
  1. Corey Allan
  2. Mawene Hiroti
  3. Campbell Graham
  4. Jacob Gagan
  5. Cory Denniss
  6. Dean Hawkins
  7. Connor Tracey
  8. Junior Tatolo
  9. Billy Brittain
  10. Kurt Dillon
  11. Jack Johns
  12. Bayley Sironen
  13. Lucky Tavale
Bench

1. Rhys Kennedy
  2. Trent Peoples
  3. Keaon Koloamatangi
  4. Tarquin Butler
  5. Kye Rodwell

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Team is.

The Souths squad is:
  1. Corey Allan
  2. Mawene Hiroti
  3. Campbell Graham
  4. Jacob Gagan
  5. Cory Denniss
  6. Dean Hawkins
  7. Connor Tracey
  8. Junior Tatolo
  9. Billy Brittain
  10. Kurt Dillon
  11. Jack Johns
  12. Bayley Sironen
  13. Lucky Tavale
Bench

1. Rhys Kennedy
  2. Trent Peoples
  3. Keaon Koloamatangi
  4. Tarquin Butler
  5. Kye Rodwell
I like that team Southy.

Glory Glory

Hiroti, Graham and and Allan in the backs.

Will be good to hear how Tatola, Dillon and Sironen go too.

callmack1

Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Yep, squad has been leaked a day early it seems,

Boom Broncos recruit picked for Rabbitohs’ country trial match: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/0f3d2f282cd35f6e5f245a4f213688b5

Actually really happy with that side for a trial game full of young blokes. It shows you where our depth is at. Really looking forward to seeing how Allan goes and how Graham goes at centre. Will also be intrigued with Sironen, Dillon and Kennedy.

That side all but confirms that Sam Johnstone is gone? Any official word from the club?
There has been official word. Richo confirmed it in the Amone announcement article.

Reactions: ALX22

southsport

May 20, 2013
Yep, squad has been leaked a day early it seems,

Boom Broncos recruit picked for Rabbitohs’ country trial match: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/0f3d2f282cd35f6e5f245a4f213688b5

Actually really happy with that side for a trial game full of young blokes. It shows you where our depth is at. Really looking forward to seeing how Allan goes and how Graham goes at centre. Will also be intrigued with Sironen, Dillon and Kennedy.

There has been official word. Richo confirmed it in the Amone announcement article.
I wonder if anyone will stand out?

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
That side all but confirms that Sam Johnstone is gone? Any official word from the club?
In a members email with the signing of Tom Amone Richo was talking in that email about how Amone is replacing Johnstone etc.......

Only Bunnies members got this email though.

Reactions: ALX22

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
No Turner..........hmmmm.
Bennett might just have a higher opinion of him than many think. I seriously think he'll be in the 17 to start the season whether that be on an edge or middle remains to be seen. If he does infact leave I hope it's to a successful club in the UK.

Reactions: callmack1

southsport

May 20, 2013
Bennett might just have a higher opinion of him than many think. I seriously think he'll be in the 17 to start the season whether that be on an edge or middle remains to be seen. If he does infact leave I hope it's to a successful club in the UK.
If I was Turner I would just sit out at Redfern, it's only another 8 months until seasons end and I believe he will be a school teacher after his football career has ended.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Updated line-up, Turner in as captain.

1. Corey Allan
  2. Mawene Hiroti
  3. Campbell Graham
  4. Jacob Gagan
  5. Cory Denniss
  6. Dean Hawkins
  7. Connor Tracey
  8. Junior Tatola
  9. Billy Brittain
  10. Kurt Dillon
  11. Jack Johns
  12. Kyle Turner (c)
  13. Lucky Ta'avale
Interchange
  1. Rhys Kennedy
  2. Bayley Sironen
  3. Keaon Koloamatangi
  4. Tarquinn Alatipi-Butler
Reserves
18. Ky Rodwell

callmack1

Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs name side to play in Albury: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/02/12/rabbitohs-name-side-to-play-in-albury/

First Line Up of the year is in for our first Trial game!! Pretty happy with the side for a bunch of young guys and I honestly can't wait to hear how they go. Interesting that Turner is there now, captain too! He wasn't in the leaked side but is now.

I find Graham being there quite interesting, does that mean he's not being considered for first grade at this stage?

Man, I'm just so glad to have the footy back! It's so friggin exciting!!!!

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
Updated line-up, Turner in as captain.

1. Corey Allan
  2. Mawene Hiroti
  3. Campbell Graham
  4. Jacob Gagan
  5. Cory Denniss
  6. Dean Hawkins
  7. Connor Tracey
  8. Junior Tatola
  9. Billy Brittain
  10. Kurt Dillon
  11. Jack Johns
  12. Kyle Turner (c)
  13. Lucky Ta'avale
Interchange
  1. Rhys Kennedy
  2. Bayley Sironen
  3. Keaon Koloamatangi
  4. Tarquinn Alatipi-Butler
Reserves
18. Ky Rodwell
Looks like Kyle's staying . I'm quite pleased to see him named captain . I know he's one of the elder players in that squad but Bennett's shown faith in him giving him the C.

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
Rabbitohs name side to play in Albury: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/02/12/rabbitohs-name-side-to-play-in-albury/

First Line Up of the year is in for our first Trial game!! Pretty happy with the side for a bunch of young guys and I honestly can't wait to hear how they go. Interesting that Turner is there now, captain too! He wasn't in the leaked side but is now.

I find Graham being there quite interesting, does that mean he's not being considered for first grade at this stage?

Man, I'm just so glad to have the footy back! It's so friggin exciting!!!!
Graham in the centres probably means he's well in line for GI's spot in our backline now.