Opinion TPG

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
We were to get the NBN last week but we had to send him away as what he was proposing was different and unacceptable, we had a think about it and will tell them exactly what we want.

TPG are excellent imo.
What was he proposing???

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
What was he proposing???
There's an old disused internet cable in the bedroom that I use as my office/junk room, he wanted to connect the NBN up to that instead of running a line to where the existing phone line is, the problem with that is that the room will likely be used as a bedroom again in the not too distant future and we won't want the modem and phone to be in there, so we've looked at it and we will tell them to run it where the phone line is atm.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Ok today is the day.
Sometime today an NBN tech is supposed to arrive and hook up the NBN.

We already have TELSTRA Bigpond CABLE so were told it was to take a while as the NBN had "issues" with connecting CABLE.
The MODEM arrive in the post on Friday and we have been informed we need.....
TWO power points ….one for the MODEM and one for some JUNCTION BOX to go between the CABLE and the MODEM.

As far as internet goes we have been more than happy with Telstra Cable and would have preferred it just stay as it is but Krudds juggernaut has been committed to.
By staying with Telstra we at least got the MODEM for FREE but will be using extra electricity now as well as the cost of our NBN has already gone up in price from what we were quoted and we haven't even got it yet.
We have however already decided not to connect the supposedly FREE landline to the MODEM as we receive more JUNKSCAM phone calls than real ones.
As for WHERE the CONNECTION goes it will be staying right in the location it is in NOT where the NBN techy wants to put it.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
What speeds are you getting Rads.
At the moment:

PING ms: 4
DOWNLOAD Mbps: 47.30
UPLOAD Mbps: 19.00

I could have gone with a quicker speed plan, but this one seems VERY quick, so why pay more? I went with the NBN 50 plan. $70 per month, unlimited data, plus free home phone line. There is a plan for $60 per month, unlimited data and free home phone line, but the speed isn't as quick, but still pretty good.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
So my maximum plan speed is 50 Mbps and I am getting 47.30 Mbps right now. That is 95% of maximum plan speed! :cool:

Last edited:

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
That dl is good. Do you have the standard package ? I see you have "50" - is that the basic one ?
The basic one is the $60 per month plan. It is the NBN 12 plan. Unlimited data and free home phone line. Even that is fast speed if only one computer/device is using it.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I play no games etc - so speed isn't always super important to me. I do d/load at times but this is very quick. And I have 300 or 400 gig of d/load a month. Plus my Fox d/load is free - ie movies. I often download the movies that have just come off rental.

But - when I had unlimited d/load I never used much anyway.