News Tigers - New Signings and Rumours

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Wests Tigers are delighted to confirm the acquisition of Samoan international Joseph Leilua, who has agreed to terms for the coming three seasons.

The three-year deal will see the talented outside back join Wests Tigers effective immediately from the start of the 2020 season through to at least the end of the 2022 season.

Reactions: S J

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Wests Tigers and Melbourne are poised to pull off the NRL's first loan deal with youngsters Paul Momirovski and Harry Grant to swap clubs in 2020 while being paid by their current employers.

Under the historic agreement, Tigers centre Momirovski will arrive at the Storm within the next week to offer another outside back option at the southern powerhouse, with an eye to returning to Concord at the end of the season.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Wests Tigers and Melbourne are poised to pull off the NRL's first loan deal with youngsters Paul Momirovski and Harry Grant to swap clubs in 2020 while being paid by their current employers.

Under the historic agreement, Tigers centre Momirovski will arrive at the Storm within the next week to offer another outside back option at the southern powerhouse, with an eye to returning to Concord at the end of the season.

Great idea. ESL have been doing this for years. moto748 moto748

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Wests Tigers have officially secured one of the brightest young talents in rugby league with Stefano Utoikamanu to join the club from season 2021.

The 19-year-old has signed a three-year contract that will see him join Wests Tigers from the start of the 2021 season until at least the end of the 2023 season.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I have read the latest reports during my lunchbreak. Back to work now!

Congratulations to the Tigers faithful. We tried, but it was not to be.

I guess this is a coming home of sorts. Good outcome. Well done.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Oh, that's a relief. :p

I thought we would be linked to him. We seem to be with nearly everyone else that crops up. We are the Wigan of the NRL in that regard. I am sure that moto748 moto748 understands where I am coming from. ;)

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
TIGERS WON’T RELEASE WANTAWAY TIGERS STAR

Mark Geyer has slammed Tigers prop Josh Aloiai and his management for trying to angle their way out of the club for a richer deal at the Sea Eagles.

Aloiai has been ordered back to training on November 30 and the Tigers won’t release him until there is an advantageous outcome for the club.

Aloiai’s manager also manages the man he is trying to replace at Manly.

“This is what is being alleged, Aloiai’s manager also manages Addin Fonua-Blake who left the Sea Eagles in another dicey situation because Addin couldn’t stay in Sydney for certain reasons,” Ginnane said on Triple M.

“He signed with the Warriors on a lucrative deal, which is fine, but now Manly has got a hole.

And it would be more beneficial to Aloiai and the manager if he went to Manly because he can sign for more money.”

Geyer called for the Tigers and other clubs to sit players out in order to make a stand against player managers holding clubs to ransom.

“Sooner or later we are going to see a club draw a line in the sand,” Geyer said.

“It seems the poor old Tigers are involved again. Ryan Matterson did the same thing last year.

“It won’t stop until someone bites down on the mouthguard and says you are staying.”