Rugby League Tests - Australia v New Zealand

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
The top 2 NRL teams, Melbourne and St George Illawarra, have shown their support for rep footy by contributing 19 players each this weekend.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
A few under injury clouds. Merrin, and Thaiday very lucky to be there.
Thaiday is there for his entertainment skills.
I still remember him blaming Nate (dial a dump) Myles for a scrum not packing properly.
Thaiday said "its his head sir. Its too big, should be a penalty"

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Hi moto - just saw post. Around $80 from memory.

I tad high imo - but they seem to charge that for decent seats. I like a good seat with a good view these days ... :)

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Kangaroos by 14! Dugan gets injured and JT and Smith have blinder. Is Dugan playing? He was injured the last NRL game v the storm. Hopeless saints players. The best is the kiwi winger from the dragon's. ..he's hard, but Dugan f***Er...snoz don't pick him mate , :) loyalty. ...1 series win out of 10 lozza.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Kangaroos by 14! Dugan gets injured and JT and Smith have blinder. Is Dugan playing? He was injured the last NRL game v the storm. Hopeless saints players. The best is the kiwi winger from the dragon's. ..he's hard, but Dugan f***Er...snoz don't pick him mate , :) loyalty. ...1 series win out of 10 lozza.
Bazza you got your dark glasses and white cane out again??
Dugan gets injured just about every game but its only been the odd game he hasn't completed as he is a stayer and one of our best players every week.
He has even been passing the ball a bit lately to and if the Tigpies grab him along with Packer they will be getting 2 good players.
Jt is a risk with his injury though.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Dugan has come on a long way from those early days when he could not (and did not) pass at all. Good take for that first try.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
$80 = £45. Not so bad, I guess. About what I'd pay for GF tickets.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
did i say - dugan will get a injury? !! Yes, bazza.
He did get injured Bazza.....and I did say he gets injured virtually every game he plays because he puts so much effort into his game but he will pay for it when he retires with a battered body. Sort of like a boxer who uses his head to wear out his opponents fists.
Dugan scored our first try and it was a brilliant take of the high ball.
Frizzell also got a good try while Packer did well for Unzed so it puts paid your "hopeless saints players" comment.
It should also be noted that we were leading 30 to ZIP and it was only after Dugan went off that the Kiwis made a come back with two tries of their own.
The only bad thing about the game was that Dugan was taken out in a head clash with his Saints team mate packer.

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
He did get injured Bazza.....and I did say he gets injured virtually every game he plays because he puts so much effort into his game but he will pay for it when he retires with a battered body. Sort of like a boxer who uses his head to wear out his opponents fists.
As a boxer there is ways to project yourself, Dugan can't even project himself the League ...haha.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
As a boxer there is ways to project yourself, Dugan can't even project himself the League ...haha.
Yes the best way to protect yourself is not to box or just call it early onset of Parkinsons I guess. Its a sweet science BUT lesnar.jpg you can work out the results of such a career on paper and now you have UFC adding to health costs in years to come

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
In the ring, boxing has led for deaths than MMA. Boxers train to KO their opponent with MMA fights, half is submission. I boxed, but I never had the great skill to be a champ. It didn't help - League weight and boxing weight - 18-20kgs the difference. I was a welterweight than Hooker -when I was young, fullback, than H/B then eventually Hooker/dummy half.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor is expecting a long-term return on his decision to embrace representative football after several of his stars produced impressive performances over the rep round.

The Dragons initially had a staggering 19 players selected across all matches including four players in Sunday’s City-Country clash. The weekend will cost the club star fullback Josh Dugan for three weeks after he fractured his cheekbone playing for Australia last Friday night.

City-Country also saw Jack de Belin miss five weeks with a shoulder injury last year with that potential high price seeing the likes of Des Hasler and Ricky Stuart pull their players from the rep fixtures this season,

Representative football may yet take a further toll with the likes of Cameron McInnes, Paul Vaughan and Jack de Belin all mounting a case to join incumbents Tyson Frizell and Dugan in the NSW line-up.

It could mean his side is running on some heavy legs over the latter half of the season but McGregor said it’s ultimately the club that benefits in time.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
ST GEORGE Illawarra coach Paul McGregor is expecting a long-term return on his decision to embrace representative football after several of his stars produced impressive performances over the rep round.

The Dragons initially had a staggering 19 players selected across all matches including four players in Sunday’s City-Country clash. The weekend will cost the club star fullback Josh Dugan for three weeks after he fractured his cheekbone playing for Australia last Friday night.

City-Country also saw Jack de Belin miss five weeks with a shoulder injury last year with that potential high price seeing the likes of Des Hasler and Ricky Stuart pull their players from the rep fixtures this season,

Representative football may yet take a further toll with the likes of Cameron McInnes, Paul Vaughan and Jack de Belin all mounting a case to join incumbents Tyson Frizell and Dugan in the NSW line-up.

It could mean his side is running on some heavy legs over the latter half of the season but McGregor said it’s ultimately the club that benefits in time.
Success can have its drawbacks. Add injuries into the mix and the Dragons could end with a mid season string of losses in the regular competition.
Good to see the offseason effort put in by our players recognised though.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Laurie Daley has confirmed that he has met with New Zealand Rugby League officials to discuss taking over the Kiwis coaching role.