Rugby League Tests - Australia v New Zealand

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
My web-cast for some reason only included the first half. The rest may be there by now; I haven't checked. But based on the first half, and what I've read, I don't get the impression I missed much.

A shame, cos many fans complain about the lack of international footy, but when it does come along...

If I wanted to convince a casual RU-watching viewer than we had a better and more entertaining code, this game wouldn't have been much of an advert.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I

In saying that - they had quite a few out.
That's one of the reasons it was boring. The understrength Kiwis did their best against a team full of champion almost pensioners BUT as a spectacle the game didn't rise to any great heights.

However last nights footy was far from boring. The underdog Kumuls rose to the occasion against what seemed a lethargic Fiji while the Tonga V Samoa game showed some of our clubs what hard hitting defence and attack really is.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Fans will be able to watch the best Rugby League players in Australia and New Zealand for as little as $55 when Perth hosts its first Test match on October 15.
General public tickets to the Test match between Australia and New Zealand, at nib Stadium, went on sale at 9am (AWST) today.
Pre-sales for the match have been strong and supporters are encouraged to get in early to take advantage of the ticket prices.
The nib Stadium Test match will be staged prior to the 2016 Four Nations Tournament in the UK and will be an important lead-in match for both teams.
It will be the first time Perth has the chance to see the best players in the two nations on the same stage.

The release of General Public tickets comes following the announcement that the new Perth Stadium would host the second State of Origin match in 2019.

nib Stadium has also been confirmed as a host venue for two matches at the Rugby League World Cup 2017.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
So does all this activity mean we're any closer to seeing a Perth team in the NRL?

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Unless a club is willing to relocate, it looks unlikely. Best if a WA team could compete in the NSW Cup.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Unless a club is willing to relocate, it looks unlikely. Best if a WA team could compete in the NSW Cup.
sounds like an idea but I cant see where there would be enough sponsorship dollars in it unless you can get Hancock or someone to support it as a tax deduction. Basically it would just be a loss making expensive exercise.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
So does all this activity mean we're any closer to seeing a Perth team in the NRL?
sounds like an idea but I cant see where there would be enough sponsorship dollars in it unless you can get Hancock or someone to support it as a tax deduction. Basically it would just be a loss making expensive exercise.
I reckon we could move Cronulla over there - "Sharks" would be a good one for WA.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I reckon we could move Cronulla over there - "Sharks" would be a good one for WA.
2years ago the central coast bear sharks looked a good option but they appear to have worked their way out of their financial issues WITHOUT selling off the club so the sharks are doing quite nicely with their allocation of st George territory and even better now the mcmerger has moved to the gong.
The only reason the sharks might move now is if their "development" fell over for financial reasons.
they do however have more than a few sharks in WA.:bag:

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Getting back to the aussie V Unzed game I hope our league side puts up a better effort than the consistently Woeful Wallabies did last night.
Its the same old story with them, outplayed, out scrummaged, out line outed and more often than not penalised out as well.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
To think how union fans used to sneer at us that international footy in league was a joke because there was only one side in it, whereas in union...

Oh... :p

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
To think how union fans used to sneer at us that international footy in league was a joke because there was only one side in it, whereas in union...

Oh... :p
Union is a farce here - the local comp is a mess - our international (?) team is on life support and all they do is talk about buying more league players.

I loved playing the game - but it is not a game I like watching.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Union is a farce here - the local comp is a mess - our international (?) team is on life support and all they do is talk about buying more league players.

I loved playing the game - but it is not a game I like watching.
It used to be called the running game or the game they play in heaven.
The only side that seems to run the ball are the Kiwis and the only slice of heaven is that footrot flats song.
The aussies cant win their line outs or their own scrums. They kick the ball to much and the kicking is atrocious. One of the first rules of any ball sport is you need to keep the ball to score.
They use the backs as an almost after thought with to much of the " we are the forwards and we will get it done " attitude but the problem is they cant.
They have had a penchant for buying League players but then hardly use them during the game.
You only have to look at the amount of ball the Kiwis give their backline and sonny Bill to know something is rotten in Union.
It could be one of those "nuances" they used to ask Dell about has gone off:bag:

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Yawnion is a farce in Australia because only the elite benefit. If you don't go to a private school, you're looked down upon by people in authority.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
St George Illawarra Dragons winger Jason Nightingale has named in the New Zealand Kiwis extended squad to face the Australia Kangaroos at nib Stadium, Perth on Saturday, October 15.

The local Renown United junior is part of an initial 23-man squad named by Head Coach Stephen Kearney.

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
I think this Test won't have many viewers after the Grand Final. Who knows?

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
NZ Kiwis v Australian Kangaroos
10pm NZ, Saturday, October 15

Kiwis squad for Perth Test

1. Jordan Kahu

2. Jason Nightingale

3. Solomone Kata

4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

5. Jordan Rapana