16. James Tamou
17. Sam Thaiday

18. Aidan Guerra
19. Michael Jennings

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Brisbane Broncos star Darius Boyd has spoken for the first time since being officially announced as the Australian Kangaroos fullback for the Downer Trans-Tasman Test match to be held at Hunter Stadium on May 6.
Australian coach Mal Meninga has put his full faith in Boyd, with the Brisbane fullback's standout 2016 season seeing him selected in his preferred position ahead of some high-class competition.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
2016 REPRESENTATIVE ROUND

May 6 - Australia v New Zealand, Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
May 6 – Harvey Norman Jillaroos v Kiwi Ferns, Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
May 7 – Pacific Double Header, Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta
May 7 – Junior Kangaroos v Junior Kiwis, Pirtek Stadium, Parramatta
May 8 – AAMI Country v City, Scully Park, Tamworth
October 15 - Australia v New Zealand, nib Stadium, Perth

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
The 2016 Harvey Norman Jillaroos.

Team v Kiwi Ferns:

S Bremner, C Baker, C McGregor, A Brander, K Brown, A Ferguson, M Studdon, S Taufa, B Breayley, H Ballinger, K Apps, V Foliaki, R Sims (c).
L Cook-Black, K House, C Karklis, E Young, C Moran.
Coach: S Folkes.

The match kicks off at 5:20pm Friday May 6 in Newcastle.

The Nine Network will broadcast the match following the men's game - please check your local guides.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
This game should have been televised before the Men's game.
Those girls have played some great games and if its not televised as a pre game match the League is doing itself a disservice. I would rather watch them than nine or Fox's experts pontificating for ages before the main game starts

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
Wouldn't that have been great - at least on Fox.
I don't understand that because Gem did the Cricket. Nine and Fox paid 1.8 billion over 5-6 years for the contract, so do it on Fox with the Women's game and then do on Ch9 and Fox for the Men's game. I understand with Ch 9..for the ratings and so forth. 5:30pm start. But Foxtel has darts and s**t. I think the NRL/Ch9/Foxtel and living in the 60's. Some young ladies want to see what's about, touch footy isn't same. That's my 2 cents..haha

Bazza

Very Active Member
Apr 11, 2016
The only thing I agree with that fat p***k Gus, it was un-inevitable game. I should have gone out, even though it's only 10:20pm, but I'm too old things days. The Kiwi's didn't 4-6 players, very good players not playing. I think the average age for Kangaroos 30-31. Maybe I can make a comeback..lol! I was a s**t player anyway, but I liked the physical s**t. 2 brain injuries later....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Kangaroos 16 (Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Blake Ferguson tries; Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith goals) defeated Kiwis 0 at Hunter Stadium. Crowd: 27,724. Half-time: Kangaroos 10-0. On report: Adam Blair (Broncos) – chicken wing tackle.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Boring game at best.
Mal fielded 7 or 8 of his Qld Origin side who struggled to offer to much against the Kiwis who were understrength by 4 or 5 players. If that's the Aussies can do its not looking that good for the world cup.
Hopefully selection wise it will prove to be the "last Hurrah" for 3 or 4 of the older brigade and Mal freshens up the side with some younger legs.

Semi Trailer didn't have a good start and made a few handling errors but certainly got Ray Warren excited every time he was given the ball.
Inglis showed signs of life that has been missing for the Bunnies
Darius had a very safe game at fullback and Dragons fans should be happy as Dugan played a whole game without stopping play due to a injury.
The Aussies must also have thought Nightingale was very dangerous as he was the only Kiwi player they jumped on as soon as he got the ball.
For me SJ in the losing side was M O M for me.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Was a boring game...

Women's test match had some good hits though.
I know they said it was boring - but I felt it was a tough game - and you can only play against the opposition provided. If NZ hadn't made the errors a few of them made it might have been more interesting. A single converted try - up until the 60/70th minute would have put them well into the game.

In saying that - they had quite a few out.