Opinion Tennis

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Personally I rarely watch Tennis sometimes with the Aussie open. Those ex Uni students and now they are Journo's - maybe they worked 40 hours a week while doing a Uni course, but I very much doubt it. Nick is 22 and passing comments about his nightlife after his hip injury. Hip injuries for tennis and boxers they can't perform at their best. Morning brekky shows they're full of shit. The only reason I'm watching that shit because in 1 hour time I'm training my Old Man because his Dr. said "he needs some light weight training". F'n Journo's!

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Sport in Oz seems to be going to the crap basket.
Kyrios is either behaving badly or suffering from an injury most of the time
Tomic has always been an azz and never fulfilled his potential
Stosur had her flash at glory and should have retired and lived off it instead she is still losing and her only recent claim to fame is being part of the bully brigade against australias greatest female tennis player for stating her convictions.

The well paid cricketers have gone out on strike over money
The Nrl players now look like they are heading that way over more money
The wallabies search the union world for someone they can beat.
Even Horny wins and is called a loser by everyone except the judges whose scores mattered.

Other sports are not travelling much better and currently the only teams worth watching is the women's cricket and netball

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Mate, Margaret Court shouldn't gone on radio about her issues - Simple really.
With Nik, well he was a brat 6-7 months ago but with injuries you don't want to inflame it. Also, his young and he can enjoy the nightlife. Tomic is a complete moron.
Stosur is still getting good dollars and she's doing what Hewitt did.
with the NRL players and also the cricketers. Cricket Australia they want it their way. With the NRL board - they haven't got the exact figure with the money - expenditure. Greenberg is a sly fucker and I wouldn't trust him to organise a fucking raffle.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Mate, Margaret Court shouldn't gone on radio about her issues - Simple really.
With Nik, well he was a brat 6-7 months ago but with injuries you don't want to inflame it. Also, his young and he can enjoy the nightlife. Tomic is a complete moron.
Stosur is still getting good dollars and she's doing what Hewitt did.
with the NRL players and also the cricketers. Cricket Australia they want it their way. With the NRL board - they haven't got the exact figure with the money - expenditure. Greenberg is a sly fucker and I wouldn't trust him to organise a fucking raffle.
Bazza there is nothing "simple really" about this
Margaret is a Minister of religion and is as entitled to her opinion as the those pushing the opposite agenda.
We have tv advertising pushing the "marriage" issue BUT they wont tolerate an opposite opinion and if she is asked why should she decline to answer when it is her belief and her religions??
Instead of mounting a serious discussion over it the pro mob simply resort to howling down or plain attacking people who hold an opposite view so I stick to my view which is Margaret was bullied.......simple really:bag:.
I don't know the intricate details of the cricket money saga BUT you can only imagine that there is a limited amount of dollars to spread around and the aussie men haven't been exactly setting the cricket world on fire lately.
Same goes with the NRL.......finite amount of money to spread about BUT they do shoot themselves in the foot with the obscene pay packets and overstaffing at NRL HQ under J Grant and Co.
Stosur is still playing because she probably cant do anything else as all the media commentary spots are currently taken.

Nick apparently too injured to play BUT is fit enough to go out partying last night and celebrate his loss.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
What I like about wombledon in July are the strawberries and cream.
It means I get my annual passionfruit and cream sponge cake:hungry:.
The other bad behaviour was from the media whores.
In the midst of a tournament they had the insensitivity to question Venus about the fatal car accident which had nothing to do with her match.
If that wasn't designed to put her off it was at best bad sports journalism

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Bazza there is nothing "simple really" about this
Margaret is a Minister of religion and is as entitled to her opinion as the those pushing the opposite agenda.
We have tv advertising pushing the "marriage" issue BUT they wont tolerate an opposite opinion and if she is asked why should she decline to answer when it is her belief and her religions??
Instead of mounting a serious discussion over it the pro mob simply resort to howling down or plain attacking people who hold an opposite view so I stick to my view which is Margaret was bullied.......simple really:bag:.
It's more than that with Court -
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/the-devils-after-our-kids-margaret-courts-second-serve-20170531-gwhfbj.html

My niece is NSW senior constable and she's Lesbian and that C Pell f***er, well many brothers and Priests he covered up - the shit they did? Him too I reckon! I believe in God - I certainly did not believe in Church shit.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I think court has a perfect right to voice her opinion. Not as a famous tennis player but as a person.

I feel Joyce used his position with QANTAS to voice an opinion. He is not paid to do this.

But - its one of those things we'll never get total agreement on.

Bazz - the Church has done shocking things - but so have many others - who are not subjected to the vitriol and vendetta's the Catholic Church has faced. When counting numbers the Church may be far from the worst offender in this area. Violence in the home is one issue that is worse imo.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Do you believe that Court's targeting of Delacqua's children was appropriate SG?
Margaret was stating a fact she believes in about marriage and family. She also stated she has friends and knows people from the "alternate" lifestyle.
Dela has good relationship and an apparently happy family unit. If so good luck to her but Margaret is entitled to her opinion about the family unit..
Attacking Margaret the way Stosur an Co did trying to belittle her efforts as Australias BEST female tennis player was the pro marriage way of being unable to mount or run a common sense discussion over an issue that has two differing points of view.

There was an old Roman tradition involving wiping a person from history and that's what they tried to do to Margaret.
In Stosurs case she has one memorable win and a lot of losses.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
It's more than that with Court -
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/the-devils-after-our-kids-margaret-courts-second-serve-20170531-gwhfbj.html

My niece is NSW senior constable and she's Lesbian and that C Pell f***er, well many brothers and Priests he covered up - the shit they did? Him too I reckon! I believe in God - I certainly did not believe in Church shit.
Bazza there a lot of "gays" working all over the place and a lot in the police most of whom are bloody good people especially the "girls".
Religion has its place and does a lot of good for those who need to believe in something to get through life.
The RC church being "married" or in the service of their God can be a haven and has been for Paedo's .
In these "enlightened " times abuse is finally being acknowledged along with action taken instead of sweeping it under the carpet which has been the norm for ages.
Of course none of this is has any bearing on Stosur and Co bullying Margaret .

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016

Bazz - the Church has done shocking things - but so have many others - who are not subjected to the vitriol and vendetta's the Catholic Church has faced. When counting numbers the Church may be far from the worst offender in this area. Violence in the home is one issue that is worse imo.
Well, getting beat up is better than sexually assaulting a child. At boarding we got many canings on the hands - not the day students - the boarders got that. Showing in the morning, no separate units, it was like a locker room with showers. Some old Brothers they use to walk around while you're showering. At 12, 13, 14, 15 - when you think about it, that's no good. At the time, I thought it was the norm.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Well, getting beat up is better than sexually assaulting a child. At boarding we got many canings on the hands - not the day students - the boarders got that. Showing in the morning, no separate units, it was like a locker room with showers. Some old Brothers they use to walk around while you're showering. At 12, 13, 14, 15 - when you think about it, that's no good. At the time, I thought it was the norm.
Things have changed - but still far from perfect.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
No excuse for getting beat up either Bazza.
It was just a case of to much power and too much choice of victims
Not only were children ostensibly orphans but many in fact were not they were sent her after the war as cheap labor and an easy opportunity for cruel people many committing their cruelty under cover of caring sharing groups.
Where kids were involved those in power didn't give any credence to what they may have had to say.......sort of like when women were classed as goods and chattels then in more recent times indigenous people were covered under Flora and Fauna

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Well it has, mate. Because it's Court's reasoning about God - Fucking Old Testament shit.
Its not just her reasoning about God. Take away the fact she is a Minister of religion its her personal upbringing as well. You cant bully her for her reasoning and condone bullying by the other side which is more vicious and less tolerant

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Well it has, mate. Because it's Court's reasoning about God - Fucking Old Testament shit.
Bazza take away the fact she is a Minister it has to with her upbringing and she is entitled to her opinion and to be commented on or argued against.
To try to assassinate her sporting career to make her comments seem less relevant is not arguing your case for change.
Condoning disgusting attacks on her sporting career just shows the pro people are not capable of arguing their case as adults....its a case of our way or the highway .