Opinion Summer of Cricket - Australia - 2018.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I'm sure you had read my story? If not - reading and writing is a difficult task. I wouldn't say was great beforehand before the 3 brain injuries, though I could handle speak and writing as a 10 year grader person. Then I went to a Apprenticeship. I like building or planting shit. I'm an outdoor person...less these days. Sometimes with the internet you can watch many shows. Expamle - from 4pm to 8 pm I watch most of Killing Eve. You sign up with ABC and Bob's your uncle..no expanse. The Killer is Hot and f'n NUTS! :D

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Something that I don't think has been mentioned here is that India won the coin tosses 3 to 1. In every test match, who ever won the toss, won the match. It is so important in test cricket, as it is usually harder to bat last. Anyway, out of the 3 types of cricket, my favourite is where each team bats for 50 overs. It is what I used to play and is the most balanced.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I doubt you're very pleasant fella and also, cricket Australia and the ACA less than 1 year ago they wanted everything - sometimes it plays on the cricketers mind (salary,, endorsements etc.) Many staff they left or sacked! So, the culture from the top was no good.
I hope you don't mind Bazza. For my reply I edited your rant to cover just the thread topic.
I do consider myself a very pleasant "fella". I just have reached through experience and age where I call a spade a shovel.

When you are representing your country in the National sport and you stoop so low as to disregarded your principles, don't give a flying "f##k" about your countries reputation and CHEAT you don't deserve to ever represent again.
Others including you may have a different point of view but I have mine and am entitled to have it.

Criticising me over politics is fine...but stick it over in the politics thread where others don't have to put up with it unless they want to please.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Something that I don't think has been mentioned here is that India won the coin tosses 3 to 1. In every test match, who ever won the toss, won the match. It is so important in test cricket, as it is usually harder to bat last. Anyway, out of the 3 types of cricket, my favourite is where each team bats for 50 overs. It is what I used to play and is the most balanced.
Unfortunately - winning the toss means winning the game. It shouldn't - it should be an advantage - but not that big. The toss and the pitches were crucial to the results.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
coin toss aside the Aussie cricketers played very well to win one test so there is hope for the future.
Given our poor "test" results the boys getting ready to fly out of Columbo will be keen to get here.
Our ODI and 20/20 sides might be a better prospect this summer.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Most of your stuff is from crude oil. The lounge you sit on and etc. The renewable are working actually. Also a town in S.A. everythink is solar, wind ..I think 1-2 thousand people...but it's good. Doing more power stations ..yes if it's hydo and solar or renewable - not coal though. People think ...it's hard for the farmers yes. BUT - it's dry country here and it will get worse. I'll be dead by then, if different governments didn't do much..Some Labor MP's they're f'n morons..yes! Speak to people in the industry..solar, wind and low emissions coal. Wind the LNP - there base (Nationals) they have to deal with every day. Some country cockies - aren't to bright. Some know we have to make a change big time.
Anyway..that's my rant! Lol!
solar.JPG oil.JPG windmills.JPG Yes Bazza "Unreliables" are exactly that. But I still don't quite understand why you put your rant in the Cricket thread ol mate.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Selectors wield axe for Sri Lanka Tests
Victorian youngster Pucovski bolts into squad alongside recalled Burns and Renshaw for two-match Sri Lanka series
Adam Burnett
09 January 2019, 05:12 PM
@AdamBurnett09

Australia's selectors have produced a stunning surprise by picking promising Victorian batsman Will Pucovski in the Test squad for the upcoming two-match series against Sri Lanka.

Pucovski will join recalled Queensland pair Matt Renshaw and Joe Burns in the 13-man squad, with Aaron Finch and Mitch and Shaun Marsh all making way in another batting overhaul following Australia's first-ever home Test series loss to India.

Australia squad for first Test against Sri Lanka: Tim Paine (c/wk), Josh Hazlewood (vc), Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Will Pucovski, Matt Renshaw, Mitchell Starc, Peter Siddle

But the biggest talking point is Pucovski, the 20-year-old who made a remarkable 243 against Western Australia in the JLT Sheffield Shield last October, before taking what was labelled at the time an "indefinite break" from cricket for treatment on a mental health-related illness.

The gifted right-hander, who dominated at under-age level before making his debut for Victoria, has suffered several concussions during his career that have slowed his progression.

He was hit on the head three times last season having also copped a blow fielding at short leg on his Shield debut in early 2017.

His double hundred was his second triple-figure score in his seventh first-class match, and after making one and 67 in his Shield comeback in December, his average sits at 49.00 – the highest of any active Australians in first-class cricket.

If Pucovski is to debut in Baggy Green in the series opener in Brisbane from January 24, he will be the youngest to do so since Renshaw, who was also 20 (though a couple of months younger) when he received a similarly unlikely call-up to take on Pakistan two summers ago.

Renshaw played the most recent of his 11 Tests in Johannesburg last March-April, when he was flown in as emergency cover following the Cape Town cheating scandal.

After a prolific back-end to the 2017-18 Shield season and an impressive showing with Somerset in the County Championship, the left-hander has had a lean run for Queensland so far this summer, scoring 199 runs at 19.90 with one fifty.

Burns meanwhile, has been in strong form, and sits fifth on the season's Shield run-scorers list with 472 runs at 47.20 with four fifties.

The 29-year-old has three Test hundreds to his name in 14 matches, and after being endorsed by Ricky Ponting recently as the 'next man in' to Australia's batting order, said he believed he was playing well enough to handle the demands of international cricket.

"I'm really happy with the way I'm batting," Burns told cricket.com.au last month. "I feel like I'm batting well enough to not just make hundreds, but really big hundreds. That hasn't happened for me yet but I feel like if I keep putting myself in the position, the big scores will come."

Burns made four and then top-scored with 42 in that Johannesburg Test but was then a surprise omission from Australia's Test squad for the tour of the UAE last September-October.

The omissions of Finch and Mitch Marsh from the squad come following their axings for the fourth Test against India, while a disappointing run of form for Shaun Marsh leaves the 35-year-old's Test future clouded.

Despite having their workloads tested throughout some long bowling days against India, Australia have opted for the same pace attack of Pat Cummins, Mitch Starc and Josh Hazlewood, with Peter Siddle remaining the back-up.

Legendary quick Mitchell Johnson recently suggested the Sri Lanka series could be a chance to explore some other fast-bowling options ahead of the Ashes.

"Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins have excellent records over their careers, but have not been able to get the job done this summer," Johnson wrote in his column for The Sunday Times.

"They now need to be pushed for their places and the Sri Lanka series provides an opportunity to look at some quicks who could be successful in English conditions."

Domain Test Series v Sri Lanka

Jan 24-28: First Test, Gabba (D/N)

Feb 1-5: Second Test, Canberra

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/australia-test-squad-selections-sri-lanka-series-will-pucovski-shock-victoria-marsh-finch/2019-01-09?fbclid=IwAR3KLoAd_EwlstZFb1ncasMAcEObnP2-RGiQ0qPeBsX6Cd5iK4jInNSAal0

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Good to see Burns and Pucovski in the team. I'm not sure about Renshaw though - Scoring a total of only 199 runs at an average of 19.90 in the Sheffield Shield this summer is pretty bad for a batsman.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I hope you don't mind Bazza. For my reply I edited your rant to cover just the thread topic.
I do consider myself a very pleasant "fella". I just have reached through experience and age where I call a spade a shovel.

When you are representing your country in the National sport and you stoop so low as to disregarded your principles, don't give a flying "f##k" about your countries reputation and CHEAT you don't deserve to ever represent again.
Others including you may have a different point of view but I have mine and am entitled to have it.

Criticising me over politics is fine...but stick it over in the politics thread where others don't have to put up with it unless they want to please.
Bancroft said he didn’t know better than to do what his vice captain said.

What a load of rot....... he’s an adult.... at least Smith took ownership unlike Bancroft.

Reactions: stanleyg

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
How could they drop both Marshes ?
It’s great isn’t it?

Dropped are:

S. Marsh
M. Marsh
Finch
Handscomb

Our 13 man squad v Sri Lanka is in for the two test series!

I am surprised nobody had posted the squad yet from what I can see:

Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Pucovski (20 yrs old just recently battled mental health issues beforehand made 243 for VIC in Shield and a 60 odd)
Head
Labuschagne
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Siddle
Renshaw

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
We are going to the First Test. One of the Days.
you should have a good time of it...…..if its on the first day.
If we bowl our bowlers will be fresh for half the day and you can see how GOAT will go against batsmen that love spin.
If we bat there is a good chance you will see the tail enders swing the willow.:D