I thought I would create a thread to cover those sports followed during the NRL off season. I must admit that I am not overly excited about the NRL Nines in Perth given: 1. I won't be there; and 2. my Roosters are unlikely to field a strong and competitive team given we will be focusing on the World Club Challenge the following week. 23 February cannot come quick enough. I am even looking forward to our trial against the Knights in Gosford on 29 February. We are closer to the start of the pre-season than last year's Grand Final! I tend to take an interest in the following sports during this long off season (given I don't have FOX or Optus Sports, free to air TV and Macquarie Sports radio tends to shape my priorities):
- A-League (Sydney FC): I have to watch these matches on FOX wherever I can; e-mails, app;
- Big Bash cricket (I follow the Sydney Sixers): I love this three to four hour format after work;
- NBL and NBA (Sydney Kings, Lakers, Sacramento Kings): it is good that matches are on SBS;
- EPL (Tottenham Hotspur, Everton, Leicester, WBA): mainly restricted to the MSR radio coverage;
- English rugby premiership (Bristol Bears): mainly from apps, internet coverage and my e-mails;
- I like MLB (Red Sox, Cubs, Blue Jays), NFL (Bears, Patriots on 7 Mate), and NHL (Red Wings).