Rugby League Souths - 2019 Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs to host trial match in Albury: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/21/rabbitohs-to-host-trial-match-in-albury/

So we are playing three trial games next year, this one, the Charity Shield and one other. Has the other one been confirmed yet? Also, I'm assuming that one of the trials will be for all the fring first graders as you can't have three trial games close to full strength.

Murray adjusts mindset to State of Origin: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/21/murray-adjusts-mindset-to-state-of-origin/

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
1. GI
2. AJ/Jennings
3. Graham
4. Burns
5. Gagai
Graham at centre big call. It’s a big ask defensively for a young man.

I know that’s been his best position growing up though....

Our depth is a bit worrying Southy isn’t it?.....

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Graham at centre big call. It’s a big ask defensively for a young man.

I know that’s been his best position growing up though....

Our depth is a bit worrying Southy isn’t it?.....
Just to take a look in the pre-season, it is a pre-season thread.

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
There's a big chance an unknown will jump out in the trials and earn a starting spot à la Tatola last year. With Bennett coaching you can bet he'll have some surprises in store. I very much doubt he's going to replicate Seibold's style of coaching with our team this year.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
There's a big chance an unknown will jump out in the trials and earn a starting spot à la Tatola last year. With Bennett coaching you can bet he'll have some surprises in store. I very much doubt he's going to replicate Seibold's style of coaching with our team this year.
RE, I'm thinking Liam Knight.
Any word on Jennings @southsport
Nothing yet, I'll keep looking, he's still hanging out with Souths players though.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs announce Return to Redfern VII: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/rabbitohs-announce-return-to-redfern-vii/

Awesome to see Return to Redfern back!!!

Gallery - Training Week 9: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/gallery-training-week-9/

Great to see all the boys back from their break! It's especially great to see GI and Gags make their return.
Read on another site that Gagai is training on the wing and Graham at centre.

Brilliant to see RTR back.

Reactions: callmack1

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
There's alot of negative talk about Gagai in the centres around. I thought he did a great job and was really making a good fist of it towards the end of the year. As much as Seibs did a great job with them last year I don't think he had a clue in regards to Gagai. He needed to get him in space but thought Crichton was a better option. Rest assured Bennett will use Gagai as a major weapon like he was bought for.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
There's alot of negative talk about Gagai in the centres around. I thought he did a great job and was really making a good fist of it towards the end of the year. As much as Seibs did a great job with them last year I don't think he had a clue in regards to Gagai. He needed to get him in space but thought Crichton was a better option. Rest assured Bennett will use Gagai as a major weapon like he was bought for.
Gagai's defense improved, which was needed. He also got pretty good at setting up his wing-man with those quick passes. I think some just expected him to score more tries with his speed, but he probably would have if he was on the wing.

Reactions: callmack1

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
The ball continually went to Crichton and gave Gagai little room or opportunity when he did receive it.

Reactions: Rabbits 21