Rugby League SOO - General Comment - 2020

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
I don't remember seeing league played much in Adelaide. Is there no interest there?

Reactions: S J

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Yes, the SA competition has been plagued by some issues. Now no longer compete in U15 or U18 Schoolboys footy. So maybe just forget about Adelaide unless they can offer more then WA or VIC governments.
How would abandoning Adelaide improve the game there??? Anyway, there will be a State of Origin match at Adelaide Oval next year.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
I don't remember seeing league played much in Adelaide. Is there no interest there?
The NRL isn't doing enough. Adelaide used to have it's own pro team (Adelaide Rams). Having some NRL games there (and a State of Origin game there next year) is good, but it should have its own NRL team, and so should Perth. That would make the sport bigger in both cities. The NRL should invest in that like they did Melbourne.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
NSW got the points and the series so it was a good result.

Like the Dragons though they stopped valuing field position a lot and let the Toads back into the game in a big way.
In the end the man of the series got the final try and the win.

My son inlaw and one grand daughter ( she was at the game) are rabid QBillies and he was texting saying the brilliant queenslanders were running NSW down and would take the win.
In the end we just got a text saying NSW barely scraped home.
My other grand daughter who was watching at our place send him a well thought out reply...."suck eggs dad, you lost".