Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Semi Final sudden death at home v Dragons Saturday 15th Sept @ANZ 7:40pm

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by Rabbits 21, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Wow fella’ 34 years since we played them in a finals match.

Beware of the wounded and don’t get cocky otherwise your pants will be pulled down.

De Belin will play needled up but we will be hitting him hard. No doubt you blokes will target Reynolds though just like we will target Hunt!

If I were Bunnies coach I’d be saying watch fucking Dufty as he’s lightning and beware of Sims. Must limit his involvement... Sims will have one job and that is to bait Sam so nothing stupid Sam..... lol hahahahaha

Get out there Southy.

I know the Dragon Army will be out in force. We need as many out there as we can get!

Let’s bring the noise and passion as they will! We need to get more out there!

I expect 60k out there.

2. Rabbits 21

Get out there too @The Flash the more the better........... we need to get right behind the boys!

I’ll be speaking with manynthis week encouraging them all to get out there.

RADICAL RABBIT likes this.
  3. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! I'm fired up R21! I'm fired up as fuck! WOOOOO! :D

4. RADICAL RABBIT

Rabbitohs v Dragons: Old rivals will draw huge crowd
    NRL.com
    Sun 9 Sep 2018, 06:35 PM

A mammoth crowd is expected at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night when South Sydney and St George Illawarra, who have two of the biggest supporter bases in the NRL, face off in the Telstra Premiership finals.

The Rabbitohs are bruised and battered after their narrow loss to Melbourne to kick off their playoff campaign while the Dragons are riding high after their surprise win over the Broncos in Brisbane on Sunday after being virtually written off leading into the game due to their lukewarm late-season form.

For the Bunnies, their forward pack will be amped up to cancel out the Dragons with the Burgess brothers - Sam, George and Tom - in red-hot form this season.

St George Illawarra got the better of the Bunnies in their first meeting this year, a 16-12 victory at Kogarah in round five.

The Rabbitohs got their revenge in round 10 with a 24-10 triumph at ANZ Stadium.

Key match-up: Damien Cook v Cameron McInnes. The respective dummy-halves have a history and a rivalry - Damien Cook came through the juniors in the Illawarra before making a go of his NRL career at the Rabbitohs while Cameron McInnes is a Souths product who has hit his straps the past two years after switching to the Dragons. Cook is an attacking dynamo while McInnes gets through a mountain of defensive work and is always a key performer for the Dragons in getting playmakers Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop opportunities to get their backs into space.

For the Rabbitohs to win: they need to shrug off the disappointment of last Friday's loss to Melbourne. Last year, Parramatta went close to knocking off the Storm and then bombed out of the finals the following week. If the Rabbitohs can't get themselves back up for this game, they could be stung by the Dragons just like Brisbane were in the first round of the playoffs.

For the Dragons to win: they can't listen to the outside noise - they were underdogs against Brisbane but played like raging hot favourites. They will be given little chance against Souths but coach Paul McGregor won't care about the bookmakers' odds - he will be focused on instilling belief in his players that they can continue to silence their critics.

South Sydney Rabbitohs v St George Illawarra Dragons, ANZ Stadium: 7.50pm on Saturday

[​IMG]

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/09...-george-illawarra-dragons-semi-final-preview/

5. RADICAL RABBIT

R21, THE ENFORCER!!! :D

6. Rabbits 21

So am I mate...

I know so many that go for the Dragons.

As you know my experience when I went to Kogarah years ago was one where every I shall never venture to that ground again!

Also I can’t respect some of these Dragons fans that bay for blood on Mary every week they lose! Then they hop on the bandwagon.....

But it’ll be a fierce contest between two very passionate member and supporter bases....

I’m pumped mate.... but I feel nervous.... I’m gonna make sure my voice is gone by full time...

Let’s make its so deafening and let’s outnumber and outchant and outbooooooooooooooooo those Dragons with everything we have in our voicebox....

7. Rabbits 21

Well you know I’m right bro......

GLORY GLORY

I AM HOPING AT FULL TIME TO BE ABLE TO SING IN GLORY GLORY THAT THEY SLEW THE DRAGONS FROM ST GEORGE!!!

Rad if you have work I’m sure your both will let you take it off.... can’t have you missing what will be like a GF atmosphere.......

I’m betting Callmack would be wishing he could be here too.....

Get off your arse Southy and get to ANZ mate. Let’s show those Dragons who’s BOSS!

8. RADICAL RABBIT

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  9. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

Really, really looking forward to this!! Finally, the old rivals clash in a modern day Finals game and I can't wait! Should draw a big crowd hopefully and will be a pretty good game now that the Dragons have found some form.

I'm feeling confident but we need to be careful as I said, because the Dragons have found some form. I'm also concerned about how much last week took out of us.

The pressure has risen again, it's sudden death footy time!!

Rabbits 21 and stanleyg like this.
  10. stanleyg

stanleyg Well-Known Member

The Dragons forwards will again have to muscle up with some in your face defence as the Bunnies will no doubt use the Burgess boys to try and run over the Dragons and draw them in close before spinning the ball wide to walker or Inglis.
    By the same token if placed under pressure the Burgess boys can make a lot of mistakes and concede penalties to so they could prove to be an asset for the Dragons.

I wonder though will Nene have to serve the remainder of ten in the bin at the start of the Bunnies game?:rolleyes:

11. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

Did one of the broncos players shove Nene as he was walking off?

12. Redfern Express

Redfern Express Active Member

Rest assured Reynolds will target Dufty with those spiral bombs very early on . I doubt he'll aim up like Slater did. I'm tipping the edge runners Sutton and Crichton to slaughter the Dragons out wide.
    If there was any letdown from the Storm game that will be gone now that they know it's the Dragons. Souths will be a team full of confidence this Saturday. Playing Brisbane who they haven't beaten may well have sapped that confidence. We've got this Bunnies !

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Rabbits 21 and callmack1 like this.
  13. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

Just a joke between him and Oates.

southsport likes this.
  14. southsport

I like your confidence RE..........I'm worried about the dragons edge runners!

callmack1 likes this.
  15. doyen

doyen Active Member

We are getting Saints at a good time--Widdop,Vaughan,Aitken & Nightingale out----de Belin battling along----who takes Widdop's place?? He's a huge loss! Maybe Kurt MANN! He's a good player but a tough ask for him.
    I'd be greatly surprised & extremely disappointed if we lose this one!! Heading towards a Qualifier,I reckon!!

Then,with a bit of luck we'll get the Roosters without Mitchell & Napa!!

Things are looking UP!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  16. Redfern Express

There's a lot to be confident about with this team. I've been confident since the start of the season and will remain so until we depart. It's been a great season and even if we don't win it, given the dismal past two and a half years under Madge this year has been a breath of fresh air .

17. Redfern Express

The Dragons edge won't find Adam, Cody , GI and Gags as as easy to get through as that pathetic defence Brisbane threw at them . Sims is average at best and they made him look like a superstar.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  18. southsport

Tariq Sims was holding his ribcage too.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  19. southsport

Souths can make ordinary players look like superstars on the odd occassion too, but I much prefer your assessment over mine.

Rabbits 21 and Redfern Express like this.
  20. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

Souths should be too tough I think. We have too many injuries.