Opinion Saturday Racing !

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Sportsbet have a few specials at Caulfield Rosehill Doomben and Belmont and with sky racing on my wifi now as Telstra fixed the shit up, so may have a few bets.

It's the 1st of August is the birthday or 7th? I forgot. At St Gregs they had Agriculture studies. I liked woodwork and metal work and also Tech drawing.

Last edited by a moderator:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
A you a racing man Bazz. We are going to the races in a few weeks. My wife loves them. We don't bet much.

She does up this matrix and does the colours, numbers, jockeys, etc etc. Amazing how the trends start to show after a few races. It is nonsense in a way - BUT they are there - ie barrier 4 is always in the places etc. Some days you seem to get trends. When we went on a regular basis we had people coming over to see her sheet to see how things were going :) We were members - so sat in the main area. I loved going down to the mounting yard.

She's more a 4/1 - 5/ person. I like to take a chance. So one of my bets can win more than all of hers on a day - if I win ... :)

Might need a few tips.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The only thing I know for sure about horses is the "best ones come in cans marked PAL".
Of course being referred to as the Sport of Kings it makes it a step up from the dishlickers. I used to work at Randwick sometimes and I would get a meal ticket and a dollar to bet with. Lovely meal and put the dollar in my pocket to take home:bag:

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
A you a racing man Bazz. We are going to the races in a few weeks. My wife loves them. We don't bet much.

She does up this matrix and does the colours, numbers, jockeys, etc etc. Amazing how the trends start to show after a few races. It is nonsense in a way - BUT they are there - ie barrier 4 is always in the places etc. Some days you seem to get trends. When we went on a regular basis we had people coming over to see her sheet to see how things were going :) We were members - so sat in the main area. I loved going down to the mounting yard.

She's more a 4/1 - 5/ person. I like to take a chance. So one of my bets can win more than all of hers on a day - if I win ... :)

Might need a few tips.

Hope your wife ISN'T those Women at the end of a big race day with high heels in their hand? :happy: I take your wife isn't, she enjoys the betting and tipping.

Yeah, I do like the races, but these days with financial restrictions with me, a big bet is $50. My Pop RIP - My Mother said to me, sometimes he would bet $1000 Pounds ..thats big money in the early 60's. He was just fisherman not a lawyer. My Old Man every Saturday he bets on the nags. $50 for 8-10 races - he just likes the form guide and so forth.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Hope your wife ISN'T those Women at the end of a big race day with high heels in their hand? :happy: I take your wife isn't, she enjoys the betting and tipping.

Yeah, I do like the races, but these days with financial restrictions with me, a big bet is $50. My Pop RIP - My Mother said to me, sometimes he would bet $1000 Pounds ..thats big money in the early 60's. He was just fisherman not a lawyer. My Old Man every Saturday he bets on the nags. $50 for 8-10 races - he just likes the form guide and so forth.
No - my bets are much lower. I'll often have $5 e/w.

Unless I have a certainty ... ;)

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
No - my bets are much lower. I'll often have $5 e/w.

Unless I have a certainty ... ;)
SJ its called a bet because it is a risk. The only certainty of keeping your money is if it stays in your pocket:bag:

Reactions: S J

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
SJ its called a bet because it is a risk. The only certainty of keeping your money is if it stays in your pocket:bag:
stanleyg you should've voted for Nick Xenophon. I'm sure you never had a punt on the Saints winning Premiership this year :hilarious::happy:

Reactions: S J

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I backed the Dogs, now I'm not sure. Before the first round.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
stanleyg you should've voted for Nick Xenophon. I'm sure you never had a punt on the Saints winning Premiership this year :hilarious::happy:
I have had a rare flutter on the pokies( back in the day when you could use your spare change and didn't have to buy a players ticket) so I wouldn't vote for Xenophobothon after all pensioners have to spend their money on something at the club besides the cheap meal or bingo.
You are however dead right on not having a punt on the Dragons.....You know that old saying Bazz.....A fool and his money are soon parted.
Supporting a club doesn't include a prerequisite blindness to their shortcomings:bag:

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Well - we went to a Christmas in July last night - awesome. BUT - to the point - we won big on the chocolate machine - you know that crane thingo ? Where you push the chocolates out ?

Talk about a good punter ... :)

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Well - we went to a Christmas in July last night - awesome. BUT - to the point - we won big on the chocolate machine - you know that crane thingo ? Where you push the chocolates out ?

Talk about a good punter ... :)
Now that is the sort of punting a woman would love her man for winning at:bag: