Saints v Seagles

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
18 - 24

A good comeback - but you can't give a team 16 points start and then kick badly for goal.

Sowie might have his mind on other things ?

The Red V

Apr 24, 2013
18 - 24

A good comeback - but you can't give a team 16 points start and then kick badly for goal.

Sowie might have his mind on other things ?
Time to bring in Drinkwater and wee what the kid has!!
BTW can I come and bunk at your house :)

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
waited all week for that first half shocker.
no team cohesion, they wouldn't move up in defence and our attack was as sharp as a bowling ball. When they did have a chance in attack they muffed it with some silly mistakes.
The second half was better and they took the game to Manly but the better team won.
Fien has failed at half and did his usual forward pass and then added to it by giving another silly penalty away when they needed to keep their discipline. Soward has stored his kicking boots in a locker at Penrith and I cant remember the last time he ran the ball. His game has turned to bombs and catch and pass.
In the forwards hunt and weyman ran hard while merrin and creagh were heavily marked.
Vidot ran strongly in the backs. The teams patchy form does show hope if they can get their act together for 80 minutes

maroubranos

Apr 5, 2013
It seemed as if the team forgot what they have been practising in the 1st 20mins or so. It wasn't until Weyman and Stockwell (really our two starting Props) came on, we witnessed some real go forward where in the 2nd half those two were really bending the line. With go forward like that and support from Merrin, Frizell etc , the half's have room to create opportunities. Unfortunately in the Dragons case our half's can't find the gaps (one is too slow and the other had lost confidence years ago) while with the centres outside them there is no speed whatsoever. I don't know the reason they have persisted with Harrison as I believe Matthews would do a better job off the bench. I hope they re-sign Weyman immediately as evidenced last night, he is the man leading the go forward. Florence & Prior are real workers and should be picked each week for their commitment.
We have a strong pack that can easily match it with most sides but they must remember to work it forward, hard from the opening whistle.
I'd like to see the team competitive this year but really can't wait for 2014 to come along with a vastly different looking side.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
waited all week for that first half shocker.
no team cohesion, they wouldn't move up in defence and our attack was as sharp as a bowling ball. When they did have a chance in attack they muffed it with some silly mistakes.
The second half was better and they took the game to Manly but the better team won.
Fien has failed at half and did his usual forward pass and then added to it by giving another silly penalty away when they needed to keep their discipline. Soward has stored his kicking boots in a locker at Penrith and I cant remember the last time he ran the ball. His game has turned to bombs and catch and pass.
In the forwards hunt and weyman ran hard while merrin and creagh were heavily marked.
Vidot ran strongly in the backs. The teams patchy form does show hope if they can get their act together for 80 minutes
Hi StG - yes - back to the bad old days of poor starts.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
It seemed as if the team forgot what they have been practising in the 1st 20mins or so. It wasn't until Weyman and Stockwell (really our two starting Props) came on, we witnessed some real go forward where in the 2nd half those two were really bending the line. With go forward like that and support from Merrin, Frizell etc , the half's have room to create opportunities. Unfortunately in the Dragons case our half's can't find the gaps (one is too slow and the other had lost confidence years ago) while with the centres outside them there is no speed whatsoever. I don't know the reason they have persisted with Harrison as I believe Matthews would do a better job off the bench. I hope they re-sign Weyman immediately as evidenced last night, he is the man leading the go forward. Florence & Prior are real workers and should be picked each week for their commitment.
We have a strong pack that can easily match it with most sides but they must remember to work it forward, hard from the opening whistle.
I'd like to see the team competitive this year but really can't wait for 2014 to come along with a vastly different looking side.
To true M. Good to see Greeny bag a few though.

A few goals and who knows. That's why JT is worth the money.

Hurricane

May 8, 2013
Soward really needs to be dropped to were ever - he just destroys any cohesion in your team, has for a while.