News Saints - New Signings and Departures !

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I think he’s a good coach he’s tough and is what you guys need right now. I’m not sure he can help win you a premiership but he will take you back to the finals and he’s very disciplined won’t tolerate shit. He will be good with your juniors as well. I think he might put a bit of a broom through your joint.

With what is available right now for mine he’s the best one available. He will get your defence more in order as well.
winning a "premiership" is about as likely as Harold Holt coming back right now.

What he hopefully can bring to the club is .......
consistency
a more in your face solid defence that marks up and doesnt leave huge gaps
offloading the ball by our forwards in the tackle and draw n pass by out backs not catch n pass
discipline? too many errors and six agains.
If the club can make the "eight" without choking in the first game I would consider him a success at the Dragons.

To be fair the Dragons have finally gone from a 25 minute team to around a 70 minute team now and while its patchy our defence has shown more application since Flanagan got a job with them.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
No it wasnt China.
that was still behind the "iron curtain" at the time waiting for comrade Gough and his "ping pong" diplomacy along with Quaker " I am not a crook" tricky Dicky to invite it into the outside world.

that was the "russian " time with things like the "Petrov" kidnap attempt after defecting.
Harold was the Minister for immigration and foreign affairs working his way up as soon as they could offload pig iron bob to become lord warden of the cinque ports .

It was also the time when the best Rugby League team in the world was unbeatable in the competition.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Quite a few - we have so many wingers, halves and fullbacks - all generally small like him. You can only have so many.
Our forwards are so small Sailor could probably have slotted into Frizzells spot.

We do need some big strong runners who can offload the ball and dont suffer from "dropsy" .
That also includes in our back line.
Ravi was a very solid powerhouse runner who ran hot and cold with dropsy.
Hunt small and in and out of the half spot due to poor form.
Clune at half uses his footy brain and is zippy
Ramsey needs to bulk up for nrl
Dufty? small but starting to adapt the benefits of his size to his game with more kicks and try assists.

we need some big forwards or our team will just be used for traction to the try line like they used to do with Soward

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Jack Bird may be coming home. So long as Brisbane pay half.

I can't believe he's being paid just short of $1m pa.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Reactions: Southy