News Saints - New Signings and Departures !

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Signed former South Sydney hooker Billy Brittain.

Last year’s Player of the Year in the Canterbury Cup with Souths, Brittain has signed a train and trial contract with St George-Illawarra, effective immediately.

Brittain, who has represented the NSW Residents and played two NRL matches for Souths last year, will waste no time adjusting to his new club, with the talented dummy-half set to play in the Dragons trial match against Newcastle in Maitland on Saturday.

Brittain made his NRL debut last year for South Sydney. Photo by Steve Little.
Why sign him when you already have Isaac and Lovodua too?

Makes no sense....

Reactions: S J

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Extra back-up for the hooker possie.
They don’t need it. Lovodua is good enough to handle it. He will be mad now and I can’t blame him.

I have seen some of Lovodua and I like the look of him and I hope he does end up making it in first grade.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
We'll survive without him. I don't agree on Newcastle tho - can't see them winning a GF for a few years. They have a few good players - but not a balanced team imo.

We have a solid team with good juniors. We just need someone to come along who can run the team better.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Frizzell is a good player .
Great at representative level but he hasn't been an asset at club level for some time
He has been too heavily marked so a fresh start might be good for him .
Some wags might say he is tired of being in a losing team and they could be right as well.
I cant see much of a season this year if it is lucky enough to go ahead so the club may as well offer him the chance to go now and get resettled at his new home.

Last edited:
Reactions: S J and Rabbits 21

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
We'll survive without him. I don't agree on Newcastle tho - can't see them winning a GF for a few years. They have a few good players - but not a balanced team imo.

We have a solid team with good juniors. We just need someone to come along who can run the team better.
How can a player be signed on mega bucks in this current crisis, it's most likely back to ground zero next season isn't it???

Q'Billie Boy

Enthusiastic Member
May 2, 2013
Frizzell is a good player .
Great at representative level but he hasn't been an asset at club level for some time
He has been too heavily marked so a fresh start might be good for him .
Some wags might say he is tired of being in a losing team and they could be right as well.
I cant see much of a season this year if it is lucky enough to go ahead so the club may as well offer him the chance to go now and get resettled at his new home.
Maybe a swap deal could be beneficial for both teams. Who would you want from the Knights S J S J ?