News Saints - 2021 - UPDATE

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
neither were the Dragons better players.
It was a match for up and comers or who had not played more than a set amount of nrl matches last season
You wont see any side use their best roster until the season proper starts although the Bunnies and Dragons shield game will be hotly contested.

Not a game to really show the team - but a few youngsters did OK.

Reactions: Southy

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
St George Illawarra have received a breach notice from the NRL Integrity Unit regarding an altercation involving Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman in January.

The notice dictates Norman be fined $20,000 and suspended for two matches (with one game suspended).

The Dragons will work closely with Corey over the coming week to determine a position on the breach notice imposed.

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
St George Illawarra have received a breach notice from the NRL Integrity Unit regarding an altercation involving Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman in January.

The notice dictates Norman be fined $20,000 and suspended for two matches (with one game suspended).

The Dragons will work closely with Corey over the coming week to determine a position on the breach notice imposed.
$20k.......ouch!

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
And - he was probably in the right !!!
Obviously a little more involved than just being in the “ right”.
hopefully this is the last of it and the. Dragons do not continue to be the media attention grabbers this season for the wrong reasons.

they played silly buggers over Dufty
lost McInnes the same way
dug a hole over Folau by testing the NRL ato handle it like adults not play politics
the Norman issue dragged on.

so far it’s not looking good and their coach has a lot on his shoulders

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
And - he was probably in the right !!!
Personally I don't think he raped her but he took advantage of a vulnerable young woman I think, not a good look for JdB or the club, better for the club if they cut him loose imo.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
No, I'm in and out threads and mixed up with which player we're talking about again. :hilarious:
yes so many are in the news for various reasons.....and the season hasnt even kicked.

I do see the Titans are being investigated over salary cap due to alleged payola to victims of the Fifita tresspass.
so far the Dragons havent come under notice for that....yet this year

Reactions: Southy and S J