News Round 9 - Saints v Manly

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Well done S J S J that was a comprehensive win, very spirited and you could see how much it meant to them.

Completion rate was around 90percent which was key.

Hunt controlled it perfectly from hooker by far his best position.

Dufty keeps improving.

Periera had a brain snap again and will be charged.

Lomax, Aitken and Rava very strong.

Norman ran strongly looked good.

Clune looks more comfortable and is stepping up.

The whole pack was enormous.

Line speed was on song as well.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Well done S J S J that was a comprehensive win, very spirited and you could see how much it meant to them.

Completion rate was around 90percent which was key.

Hunt controlled it perfectly from hooker by far his best position.

Dufty keeps improving.

Periera had a brain snap again and will be charged.

Lomax, Aitken and Rava very strong.

Norman ran strongly looked good.

Clune looks more comfortable and is stepping up.

The whole pack was enormous.

Line speed was on song as well.
Balance of team seems so much better. Hunt at 9, McInnes at 13. Pereira may be gone again - so Saab will be back this week. Lomax keeps getting better - reminds me of Chang. Dufty will still make mistakes but he is improving every game - as is Clune. Rava was tough and hard. Norman also played a good one - because of the balance. BUT - the forwards finally put their backs into it as well. If you look at the Chooks - they make mistakes - but they also score points. We have to accept the occasional error and not penalise the player for it.

Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21

Reactions: Rabbits 21

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Nice to see the Dragons get some of their act together and garner a fine looking win but I dont think Manly is a happy organised camp.

The win aside the big things for the dragons were
They seem to have fixed that gaping defensive hole in front of their goal posts that leaked easy tries the last few games
Their defence is a lot more committed, organised and less scrambling
The backs played as a team although Norman is still not doing enough at 5/8th
Our forwards even though they still ran ONE OUT and die with the ball managed enough impact for Dufty. Lomax and Ravioli to shine in attack.

Ravi made some very solid tackles and when they come off they look GOOD but he also missed a couple and looked silly tacking thin air
Offloads in the tackle? I only saw ONE. The Parra v Knights game had more offloads in it than the dragons have done in two seasons
Our passes from dummy half often looked questionable or borderline forward so I am happy we only got pinged once for it..

It makes the bottom of the ladder very crowded (except for the hapless dodgies) and a loss could see any of those teams drop a lot of places.
If we can keep winning though the Broncos have a much worse F/A than us.

I am more than happy with the win but the scoreline while it looks very good was helped a bit by manly throwing intercepts.

Reactions: Rabbits 21