Rugby League Round 8 - Saints v Canberra

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Canberra still don't look the force they did last season. 18-0 up at half-time, and unable to put the game to bed. Once again Dufty and Lomax looked the most likely for the Dragons, indeed you could probably say, the only likelies. Hunt and Norman offer nowhere near enough for me.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Very disappointing first half as the Raiders used the Dragons for a training session.
Offloads in attack rare as per usual although one attempt was useless.

Second half? much improved effort although I put that down to the Raiders being tired from all that running in the first half.
Our attack fired at the death when it was too little, too late but is shows how they can play.....however they dont more than DO

Dragons men of the match.
Dufty, McInnes (even got an unexpected offload away in 2nd half)and Aitken.

Most predictable dragons.
Lomax...constantly steps "inside"
Frizzell....waste of running ability with no offload and heavily watched by opposition defence.
I am laying money on him being an impact ball offloader at the Knights rather than a run and die player.

Waste of space Dragons player
C NORMAN. At 5/8th he should be directing the team around the park and setting up plays.
The best we get from him is poor kicks and catch and pass.

Men of the match
The whole Raiders team who played like a hard charging offloading side who wanted to win

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Canberra still don't look the force they did last season. 18-0 up at half-time, and unable to put the game to bed. Once again Dufty and Lomax looked the most likely for the Dragons, indeed you could probably say, the only likelies. Hunt and Norman offer nowhere near enough for me.
Amazing - these are the two Mary stuffed around so much. Norman's time must nearly be up. I'd move Hunt to 9 and McInnes to 13.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Yeah, might be a start, but doesn't solve your half-back problem.