Rugby League Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs: Sunday 5th July 6:30pm @Bankwest Stadium

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
This is a huge week for us as we go up against our old rivals in the Bulldogs. It's a huge game for us but to be honest, it really shouldn't be as big of a game as it is. We haven't been going as well as we should be, that's no secret, so this week is huge because we really need to get back on track. It's almost a must win!

Not only that, but we are playing one of our biggest rivals. I always love playing the Dogs, there's a lot of great history between us as we all know. They're a gritty side who I actually don't think have been playing too badly, they just haven't got the results. Therefore, we need to be wary. They must not be underestimated that's for sure as they are certainly capable of surprising us. All you have to do is look at the last time we played them, Women In League Round, 2019, to see what they can do in terms of surprising us. They might be down the ladder but still have plenty of strike across the park and can drag you down to their gritty level if you let them.

For us, it's pretty obvious what the focus of this week should be. Ball control and completion rate should be the main focus. Of course, we need to improve in all areas week by week but this is the main one. We all know it's been absolutely terrible and it has hurt us so far this Season. It's time the coaching staff properly address it and we work on it because we just can't afford to have a poor completion rate again come Sunday night. Defence is the other one for me. Our 'D' has actually been pretty decent in recent weeks, still areas for improvement but it's been good and that needs to continue this week. If we can get these areas right, I'm confident the attack will flow off the back of that. Getting these areas right is just so important!

Big week, but we can do this!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Curns13

Mar 10, 2019
My team:
1. Trell
2. Gags
3. Jet
4. Campbell
5. AJ
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. Junior
9. Cook
10. Tom
11. Su’A
12. Siro
13. Cam

14. Knight
15. Lowe
16. Mago (not injured is he? Why didn’t he play?)
17. Nicholls (last man standing)

Reactions: callmack1

Southy

Knowledgeable Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
My team:
1. Trell
2. Gags
3. Jet
4. Campbell
5. AJ
6. Cody
7. Reyno
8. Junior
9. Cook
10. Tom
11. Su’A
12. Siro
13. Cam

14. Knight
15. Lowe
16. Mago (not injured is he? Why didn’t he play?)
17. Nicholls (last man standing)
What about Sele?

The Flash

Well Known Member
Mar 22, 2018
Gagai can piss off,replace him with the young bloke from Qland Corey whathisname!
Or anyone!

Redfern Express

Well Known Member
Aug 4, 2018
Admittedly our backline is not performing like we fans would like to see, but if you look at stats from every team this year players like Burns ,Gagai, etc don't figure in the top 50 for all negative plays and errors such as missed tackles ,dropped ball etc. Red and Green eyes sometimes don't look at the whole picture and find it very easy to criticize their own players irrespective of whether those players are putting effort in or doing what's asked of them from their coach. Gagai has been up amongst out best performers so far this year stats wise and as with Burns an occasional bad read or mistake has everyone calling for their heads . I personally don't see too many in our squad ready to replace these blokes and I'm also of the opinion that a left centre /wing will find it extremely difficult adjusting to the right and vice versa .

Last edited:

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
My team:

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston (left)
3. Graham (left)
4. Roberts (right)
5. Gagai (right)
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'A
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Sironen
15. Mago
16. Knight
17. Sele

18. Allan
19. Nicholls

Last edited:

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 8,

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Graham
5. Johnston
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'a
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Knight
15. Lowe
16. Mago
17. Sele

This is maybe not so much a 'predicted' Line Up, it's more a 'what I'd like to see' Line Up.

It's time to make a call on Burns, I think he hasn't been good enough overall to keep his spot so Cammy shifts to the left with Jimmy coming into the starting side on the right. Gagai gets put on notice but keeps his spot for this Round in my opinion. In the forward pack, Sironen deserves a start and I'd like to see him swap with Lowe who has been pretty poor. Than, finally, hopefully Mago comes back onto that bench.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
I may miss this game, I may be up the north coast next Sunday.
I’m stoked I’m going with my parents. We got the tickets today just after midday. They’re letting in 2000 Souths members as it’s reciprocal rights. There will be 5500 Dogs members there too.

Did you get a ticket RADICAL RABBIT RADICAL RABBIT? We are in 204.

I haven’t been to BankWest before so I’m certainly looking forward to it. I’ll do what I can to urge the boys on even more. No doubt about it I’ll be fired up but also nervous too come Sunday callmack1 callmack1. We must win this game.

It will be a bad trip home if we lose I’ll be absolutely shattered. We simply must be on for this one.

We will drive there, around 55mins so further than ANZ but still not too bad. Probs will pay the $25 and park in Parra Leagues.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 8,

1. Mitchell
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Graham
5. Johnston
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'a
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Knight
15. Lowe
16. Mago
17. Sele

This is maybe not so much a 'predicted' Line Up, it's more a 'what I'd like to see' Line Up.

It's time to make a call on Burns, I think he hasn't been good enough overall to keep his spot so Cammy shifts to the left with Jimmy coming into the starting side on the right. Gagai gets put on notice but keeps his spot for this Round in my opinion. In the forward pack, Sironen deserves a start and I'd like to see him swap with Lowe who has been pretty poor. Than, finally, hopefully Mago comes back onto that bench.
That’s my side too bro

The Flash

Well Known Member
Mar 22, 2018
Admittedly our backline is not performing like we fans would like to see, but if you look at stats from every team this year players like Burns ,Gagai, etc don't figure in the top 50 for all negative plays and errors such as missed tackles ,dropped ball etc. Red and Green eyes sometimes don't look at the whole picture and find it very easy to criticize their own players irrespective of whether those players are putting effort in or doing what's asked of them from their coach. Gagai has been up amongst out best performers so far this year stats wise and as with Burns an occasional bad read or mistake has everyone calling for their heads . I personally don't see too many in our squad ready to replace these blokes and I'm also of the opinion that a left centre /wing will find it extremely difficult adjusting to the right and vice versa .
Fair comment RE,my problem is our lack of attack it’s Cody and then daylight currently,Mitchell,is he a Prima Donna?

Southy

Knowledgeable Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Team is:

1. Latrell Mitchell
2. Dane Gagai
3. Campbell Graham
4. James Roberts
5. Alex Johnston
6. Cody Walker
7. Adam Reynolds (c)