Rugby League Round 7 - Saints v Roosters

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
+17.5 on Sportsbet.
thats good odds...depending on which Dragons team turns up.
the one that played the sharks could deliver a nice payout

the one that played the Titans could end up like that american swimmer once said. The roosters will "smash themlike guitars"

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Jason Saab and Jackson Ford have been named to make their first appearance for the Dragons in 2020.

Without Canterbury Cup NSW available to fine tune the wider squad, both players will face the biggest test of their burgeoning NRL careers so far.

Saab comes into the 17 for the suspended Jordan Pereira while Ford is the benefactor of James Graham's imminent release from the club.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Well there must be someone out there with a rooster voodoo doll. Radley and Verrills both looked like they got ACL tears in a matter of 15 minutes. Cordner was injured twice (groin and head knock) but managed to play the full 80 minutes. They also had Tedesco and Josh Morris out. They still managed to win though, quite convincingly in the end.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Well there must be someone out there with a rooster voodoo doll. Radley and Verrills both looked like they got ACL tears in a matter of 15 minutes. Cordner was injured twice (groin and head knock) but managed to play the full 80 minutes. They also had Tedesco and Josh Morris out. They still managed to win though, quite convincingly in the end.

Don't forget Isaac Liu, who fractured his ribs. With Rads out, he would have played lock. Get back ASAP.

Freddy will now want Murray wrapped up in cotton wool for Origin this year, you can bet your bottom dollar.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Without all these injuries and outs Easts would’ve won by 40 easily.

Credit has to go to Easts for showing what a great side they continue to be right now, they just keep finding a way.

I thought the Dragons were improved though in periods and showed a few good signs.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Definitely! They played out of their skins tonight. They always lift when they play us. Where has this form been? Mary must pull what little hair he has left out I can tell you.

These injuries to Rads and Verrills will be setbacks. Robbo looked a bit visibly distressed and shattered at tonight's press conference. It is going to be a big challenge for us now.

Have you recovered after last night yet?

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Definitely! They played out of their skins tonight. They always lift when they play us. Where has this form been? Mary must pull what little hair he has left out I can tell you.

These injuries to Rads and Verrills will be setbacks. Robbo looked a bit visibly distressed and shattered at tonight's press conference. It is going to be a big challenge for us now.

Have you recovered after last night yet?
Well at least I’m not to stressed right now but still shattered after last night it was painful viewing just schoolboy errors and poor discipline.

Poor Adam Reynolds seems to be really struggling as well, I think he’s carrying injuries again and he’s lost all confidence.

I think we are in a rebuilding year having lost Sam, GI, Sutto and George and it’s showing without them we are struggling.

Even with these injuries I still expect Easts will go close again.

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Better from the Dragons. Dufty and Lomax again very good as last week. Roosters look a class above everyone else. Radley is a big loss, maybe mitigated to some extent when Liu returns. But I think they can cope. to be fair, the Roosters have been fairly fortunate with injuries this season.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
The Dragons had their best chance against a depleted roosters who then lost two more players during the game to knee injuries.
The grass wasnt up to par but the style of the roosters play with jinking runs may have had a lot to do with it as it didnt affect the Dragons.

First Half
Running on fresh legs the Dragons were able to make a good showing .
FOUR offloads in the tackle helped
Second half
Tiring legs, conceding too many repeat sets of six as the speed of the game was too much for them or their discipline went and basically clueless halves didnt make an impression against the Roosters in your face defence that often involved 4 or 3 tacklers at a time.
Three offloads (one early in the half and two about the 75th minute) did nothing to boost our attack
The Dragons conceded easy metres with the last tackle kick putting them defending their ten metre zone regularly.
all in all the Dragons did well over the full 80 against a side depleted as it was should have flogged them..

Dragons men of the match
Mcinnes who channelled J Graham and was Mr Everywhere . M Dufty who was placed under tremendous last tackle pressure because the team couldnt defend field position. He also showed a lot of maturity in some of his general play work.
Special mention to Ravioli who must have borrowed someone else's hands last night....big improvement.

waste of space players
C Norman who didnt appear to have a clue how to handle the in your face roosters defence and ran around in circles like a headless chook himslef instead of passing the ball. J Saab who was more often out of of position than in it.

Players of the Match
B Mozz (although his first try looked a double movement for all money). JWD and #4 in the roosters backline

One interesting question is WHY did the Dragons release Graham to go back to the UK when he obviously couldnt get a flight home due to covid restrictions?
He was at the game and looking quite fit.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I think the reason why he got away with it was because the movement was quick, so he made it look like momentum.
I think J Maxwell up in the vid box is still making life difficult for the STI just like he did when he was on field refereeing.
In the video B Mozz arm was grounded and you could clearly see him lift his arm and move it forward while his body went nowhere.

All in all the Dragons went well but the lack of go forward and offloads told its tale....either the Dragons went back to bash n barge or in your face defence was just too good for them and they rarely practice it themselves.

On the bright side it was good to see another club get its players booed off the field for once....Young talent at the Broncos has a way to go before it becomes a winning combination

Last edited:
Reactions: S J