Rugby League Round 3 - Saints v NZW

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Mate - they can try though. They're paid a motza. He's failed for 7 years now. Could you keep getting that salary anywhere else after 7 years of failure ?
I did not see the match S J S J but I heard you guys were shocking.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
What can you say to that game result?
The Warriors were almost faultless in their sets
They made plenty of ground each set easily getting well into the Dragons territory before a kick
They scored some good tries and played well as a team.

The Dragons
Not quite the same old crap but close enough
LFC red playing strip looks horrible (didn't the steelers at least wear white shorts?)
Failure to make ground just getting over half way each set before a kick
conceding huge amounts of field position each set in defence
Offloads in the tackle by our forwards?....I saw 3 the whole game although I may have blinked and missed one. ( over the tigers they did two in a minute and a try ensued)
Spark and commitment? none to be seen it was all mechanical going "through the motions"
Backline looked like catch and pass automatons
Dufty was left out to dry under the high ball getting hardly any support from his team mates.

On the bright side their usual habit of kicking the ball downfield and charging up to stop the receiver making ground then giving away a penalty was mostly absent so that's an improvement..
They are playing poorly enough to make you wish you supported another team however seeing Broncos, Sharks and Storm beaten brought a smile back. Now if only Manly were tooooo.

Reactions: Rabbits 21 and S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I have a life size cut out of Capt Picard and I am sure if he had gone to the game he would have asked Data to beam him out early...unless he was supporting the Warriors.
Crowd noise is funny - I kept glancing back when it rose "thinking" something was happening.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
But despite their wonderful completions, the Warriors were hardly brilliant. They defended well, and scored some decent tries, but probably should have scored more; Blake Green in particular was pretty patchy with his kicking game, and they didn't really turn dominance into sufficient points. Which sounds a bit harsh, but their fans and many well-wishers will have been well pleased with that very spirited performance. For the Dragons, a lack of direction and they never really looked like they would trouble the try-line.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
But despite their wonderful completions, the Warriors were hardly brilliant. They defended well, and scored some decent tries, but probably should have scored more; Blake Green in particular was pretty patchy with his kicking game, and they didn't really turn dominance into sufficient points. Which sounds a bit harsh, but their fans and many well-wishers will have been well pleased with that very spirited performance. For the Dragons, a lack of direction and they never really looked like they would trouble the try-line.
For team in isolation from their country and family to be almost faultless is an achievement.
In respect for Motos comment we could sum up it this way.

The Dragons made the Warriors look GOOD (cfe).

Serously its about time to get rid of the Liverpool football club strip and least bung on some white shorts. eventhe Steelers wore white shorts so whoever came up with that mess in all red had rocks in their head
I am however thankful they were not wearing white with a small Red V at the time

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
For team in isolation from their country and family to be almost faultless is an achievement.
In respect for Motos comment we could sum up it this way.

The Dragons made the Warriors look GOOD (cfe).

Serously its about time to get rid of the Liverpool football club strip and least bung on some white shorts. eventhe Steelers wore white shorts so whoever came up with that mess in all red had rocks in their head
I am however thankful they were not wearing white with a small Red V at the time
But - it was the near perfect game that was so different for NZ.

Reactions: stanleyg

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
This "{cfe)" - it's a thing now? I've seen it before. Is it supposed to be funny?

i don't imagine that record of completions will be beaten for a long time.