Match Preview Round 22 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Saturday 17th August 7:35pm @ANZ Stadium

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
What are you happy about Bazz?
bunnies are very scared of the dogs which can't make the finals. I like that. Eels 90% have made the final 8 and friday the eels should beat the hapless Titans, Mind you the eels f**k quite often. They'll make the final 8 anyway.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
As a sidenote, it will be interesting if Bennett finishes 4th and plays Bellamy in Rd 1. I say this because ceteris paribus Bennett will have the three Burgess Clan insieme and last season with them on the paddock Seibold was able to score 5 times in both games against The Drizzle, including 5 at Voodoo Land. That will worry Bellamy especially if The Crisps finally hit some strong form late in the regular season. One wonders too how much longer The Drizzle can sustain a relatively injury free season and just how long Bellamy's players can maintain their high cadence and intensity. Its rather abnormal in this era for any NRL side to completely dominate month after month after month then keep going up the slope again.
I don’t care where we finish in the 4 tbh, it’s gotten to the point where we just need to make the 4 now anyway we can.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
bunnies are very scared of the dogs which can't make the finals. I like that. Eels 90% have made the final 8 and friday the eels should beat the hapless Titans, Mind you the eels f**k quite often. They'll make the final 8 anyway.
Cmon Bazza we don’t mind Parra at all, most Bunnies and Parra fans wanna see both of us do well.

No need to be evil now.

Redfern Express

Aug 4, 2018
You keep on talking down Britt and promoting Nicholls,I don't get it!
For me I'd prefer Britt but as we've seen Wayne for some reason has a soft spot for Nicholls ,hence my comment he'll probably be picked.. If Nicholls plays he should be offloading at the line as he's a waste of space for gaining metres and runs with zero aggression. Britt has a lot of mistakes in his game but he doesn't shirk the heavy contact.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Not another one?
Yep, if we don’t win this one Flash I I don’t think we will make the 4.

I hope you can make Sutto’ farewell match against Rorters too, he deserves a massive turn out.

I’m trying to encourage people that don’t normally go to go this one @southsport it won’t happen again in your life times or mine for that matter I don’t think. The guy that’ll come close will be Murray but I don’t think he will quite break Sutto’ record.

I reckon we will have some interstate members make the trip too.

@callmack1 i hope you get to say bye to Sutto in NZ the week before Rorters game, who knows you may be able to shake his hand if we win and he comes over.

At ANZ too when the other boys have gone down the tunnel after games Sutto is usually one of the last ones still on the field getting to as many members as he can.

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Yep, if we don’t win this one Flash I I don’t think we will make the 4.

I hope you can make Sutto’ farewell match against Rorters too, he deserves a massive turn out.

I’m trying to encourage people that don’t normally go to go this one @southsport it won’t happen again in your life times or mine for that matter I don’t think. The guy that’ll come close will be Murray but I don’t think he will quite break Sutto’ record.

I reckon we will have some interstate members make the trip too.

@callmack1 i hope you get to say bye to Sutto in NZ the week before Rorters game, who knows you may be able to shake his hand if we win and he comes over.

At ANZ too when the other boys have gone down the tunnel after games Sutto is usually one of the last ones still on the field getting to as many members as he can.
Hell yea man, I hope so!!! Got to shake his hand last year but it'd be awesome to personally say farewell.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Reckon this'll be a defining moment this season for souths. A make or break game.
I do too BB. I can't see souths losing but the pressure of both Manly and Parra winning might be high. The 4 is good - but a game in Melbourne maybe not. 3rd or 5th might be safer ?

Still at least the top 4 means you can afford a loss in Round 1.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
I do too BB. I can't see souths losing but the pressure of both Manly and Parra winning might be high. The 4 is good - but a game in Melbourne maybe not. 3rd or 5th might be safer ?

Still at least the top 4 means you can afford a loss in Round 1.
I’d rather be 4th than 5th every time.

Reactions: southsport

Themacemaceman

Nov 7, 2018
Round 22 NRL Line Up to play Bulldogs: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/13/round-22-nrl-line-up-to-play-bulldogs/

Very, very interesting Line Up. Certainly a big shake up in the forwards. However, I don't mind it and quite like the changes. Sam back to the middle is good, some fans have been crying out for that for weeks and hopefully this move will be good for us as he can really lead from the front and be an enforcer there, I'm hoping it'll bring out the best in him. Not so sure if Tatola deserved to be demoted to the bench, I'd probably have him starting over Knight but anyway. Tom goes back to the bench which is fair, he hasn't been great lately so hopefully this will give him a bit of a wake up call.

Then I'm quite happy to see Lowe start and Sutto go back to the bench as he provided some real impact there on the weekend and I think he's better off the bench at this stage of his career. In addition, geez I'm happy to see Su'A back! Starting too, let's hope he has a big game. Finally, Nicholls dropping out is fair. He hasn't done much wrong but is probably our least impactful forward and needs to pick his game up.

Certainly an interesting Line Up but I like it. What it does is put everyone on notice. I think some of our forwards in paticular have been getting a bit too comfortable, hopefully this will wake them up. Either way, it's clear to see Wayne is tinkering with the side and hopefully it pays dividends. it remains to be seen if it's just a shake up for this game or whether it hints at our side heading into the finals but either way, I like it!
I’m not so sure it’s putting people on notice. I think possibly Wayne is just managing the fatigue of some of the players, giving some less minutes .
It’s a long season especially if you want to go deep into the finals.

Rabbits 21

Feb 6, 2018
Geez a win against the Dogs by 20 plus would be nice for our for and against.

First things first though and that’s winning.

pure steel 111

Jul 14, 2019
I’m not so sure it’s putting people on notice. I think possibly Wayne is just managing the fatigue of some of the players, giving some less minutes .
It’s a long season especially if you want to go deep into the finals.
Fatigue Certainly does not appear to be hampering Bellamy, Robinson nor Stuart. All their teams seem to be firing every game. Its time for Bennett to call for the Doctor i.e CUT IT LOOSE play attacking speed football cut out the excuses everyone every side has endured pain and bumps. Start putting points on opponents find a declic get the players to play with emotion. Set a goal as a team... do you dudes want to finish in the top 3 or drop out to the back end? Do you dudes want to become irrelevant after a hot first half of the regular season? That is what is required Bennett should be openly posing these questions and allow all players to hear it.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Wayne Bennett on Friday morning confirmed Sam Burgess and Adam Reynolds would play for Souths against the Bulldogs on Saturday night.

Burgess sat out last weekend's loss to Melbourne due to a thigh injury while Reynolds has been struggling with a back problem. Rabbitohs fullback Alex Johnston is still a couple of weeks away with bone bruising in his knee

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs, Saturday 7.35pm at ANZ Stadium

Rabbitohs:
A triple boost with Sam Burgess (quad strain), Braidon Burns (hamstring) and Adam Reynolds (back spasms) to play. Burgess is listed at prop after playing second row for most of the year, sending Junior Tatola to the bench. The Rabbitohs have won their past four games against the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs: Canterbury have gone with an unchanged 17 after last round's win over Wests Tigers, though playmaker Kieran Foran (hamstring) is among the reserves and could be included. The Bulldogs are aiming for three straight wins for the first time under coach Dean Pay.