Rugby League Round 21 - Saints v Cronulla

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
I am hoping for some sign of a form resurgence against the sharks but with no real speed in the side to take advantage of any fluke breaks it will no doubt be back to bash n barge against a much bigger and more mobile pack..
To have any chance we are going to have to muscle up for 80 minutes not 40 in defence.
Discipline and 6 agains need to be worked on and Hunt needs to occasionally kick earlier in the tackle count preferably to open space not directly into the hands of the opposition

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I am hoping for some sign of a form resurgence against the sharks but with no real speed in the side to take advantage of any fluke breaks it will no doubt be back to bash n barge against a much bigger and more mobile pack..
To have any chance we are going to have to muscle up for 80 minutes not 40 in defence.
Discipline and 6 agains need to be worked on and Hunt needs to occasionally kick earlier in the tackle count preferably to open space not directly into the hands of the opposition

These are always hard ones - for both sides. A bit like Roosters games.

I don't know what our blokes can do - its like they are two separate teams at times.

Reactions: stanleyg

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
1. Moses Mbye – sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Tautau Moga – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Talatau Amone – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Belle Property

8. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by St George Food Distributors
10. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
11. Billy Burns – sponsored by Shire Steel and Fabrication
12. Jaydn Su'A – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Deicorp

Interchange:
14. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by DEMOCO
15. Aaron Woods – sponsored by Jamesons Strata Management
16. Francis Molo – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Josh McGuire – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

18. Michael Molo
19. Max Feagai
20. Jaiyden Hunt
21. Tyrell Fuimaono
22. Jackson Ford

Unavailable for selection –​

Cody Ramsey (knee) – Round 23
Mikaele Ravalawa (hamstring) – Finals
Moses Suli (ankle) – indefinite
Jayden Sullivan (shoulder) – Round 23

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
FZImAUDagAE1Aie

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
I feel for Hunt and Sims.
Perhaps Hook should put all the oldies including Woods on the paddock to start first.
Our sedentary defence can then try to tire out the sharks big running forwards before our younger players get a run

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
Outplayed by a vastly superior quick thinking and well coached side.

The Dragons however this time played the FULL 80 minutes without a lot of talent but a lot of heart.
We even got at least 4 offloads in the tackle away (two from Woods).

The usual failings in the Dragons play and discipline problems were still there but not as abundant as previous games.

In the end it was a very good effort and the score line didnt blow out as much as it looked like it would or should have given the quality of the opposition

stanleyg

Bonza Member
Apr 17, 2013
He should’ve been sent off mate lets be honest.

He has had too many grubby acts this year. Very poor discipline.
I think the sharks player was "falling" into him so a sin bin and a trip to the judiciary was fair.
He will more than likely get a second life and shine under a coach like Bellamy so good luck to him.
As for "grubby " acts you have to judge each game on its merits or Lattrell would be banned for life.:bag:

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I think the sharks player was "falling" into him so a sin bin and a trip to the judiciary was fair.
He will more than likely get a second life and shine under a coach like Bellamy so good luck to him.
As for "grubby " acts you have to judge each game on its merits or Lattrell would be banned for life.:bag:

Yes - bin and 2-3 weeks sounds about right.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20/21
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
I disagree the Tom Burgess one the week before wasn’t half as bad and Tom got sent off. So if Tariq isn’t a send off I don’t know what is. Tracey was unconscious for a short time there and it was forceful contact.

Yes I understand re Trell but he is greatly hounded in media and it’s over the top. Where are all the articles around Tariq having discipline issues? I guarantee you if was Trell there would be articles aplenty!