Rugby League Round 19 - Saints v Newcastle

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I'd drop all players who won't be here next year.
with only three losses to go all those leaving should have been made bench players at least but Deano instead just dropped Ravi and moved Aitken to the bench.
we went from nearly 70 minute players to back to 60 minute players using the same old defence and attack style.

anyone watch the sharks v warriors game ?
There were more offloads in the tackle by both sides last night than the Dragons have done in games all season. Some of the offloads were spectacular by the warriors which kept them in the game and even hitting the lead.
In the end the sharks power , speed and size got them home (just like the Raiders running over us)
look at the size of some of the players other teams (just to name a few) have in the pack compared to the Dragons.
Rudolph, Hunt, Fifita, Woods ( sharks)
Hass. pangai ( broncs)
Cohen hess. JT (cows)
Tamou (choccies).
They are all big impact players and its no wonder our team cant make a much of a dent close to the opposition try line.

Our other problem is those flat passes from Dufty.
when they come off he looks good but like Ravis big hits there are big consequences in missing your target...Intercept tries being one of them.
Dufty threw two and then Sailor went on and did the same thing last time they played together.
Bench Norman and give Sailor a go in the run on side or we will lose him like we lost J Field who is now doing well at the Eels.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
I'd drop Aitken and Frizz for starters. And Norman.
I can’t sleep and I was just thinking we need you guys to beat the Knights to help Souths finish 6th and get that home final but unfortunately I can’t see you guys getting close. I’ll pray for a miracle.

I watched your game the weekend just gone there was honestly no effort from most out there, it was a disgrace to your members and to your jersey.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I can’t sleep and I was just thinking we need you guys to beat the Knights to help Souths finish 6th and get that home final but unfortunately I can’t see you guys getting close. I’ll pray for a miracle.

I watched your game the weekend just gone there was honestly no effort from most out there, it was a disgrace to your members and to your jersey.
Yes they may as well have just sat on a dunny seat Rabbits.
You could say they were just "going through the motions" for most of the game.
or you could say they were "clueless" most of the game.
You could also say they tried as hard as "they could" or were capable of to.
Each player has a lot of talent and capability , its just they rarely put it together at the Dragons and even more rarely for 80 minutes

I hope Dean has a better offer for coaching otherwise it would seem to be a case of "spitting the dummy" because he did not get the top job.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller

We'll do our best ... ;)

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
Interchange:
14. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
17. Max Feagai – sponsored by Trendline
18. Eddie Blacker
19. Tyrell Fuimaono
20. Brayden Wiliame
21. Jayden Sullivan

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Newcastle:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Enari Tuala
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Starford To'a
6. Tex Hoy
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Chris Randall
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Mitch Barnett
Interchange/reserves:
14. Phoenix Crossland
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Herman Ese'ese
17. Sione Mata'utia
18. Josh King
19. Pasami Saulo
20. Mason Lino
21. Tautau Moga

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Why they have persisted with Norman will just remain one of lifes great mysteries I guess.
a bench full of forwards and no Sailor?
Deano must be planning to one out forward run the Knights into submission

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Why they have persisted with Norman will just remain one of lifes great mysteries I guess.
a bench full of forwards and no Sailor?
Deano must be planning to one out forward run the Knights into submission
I watched him last week - he appears not to know when to defend and how to slide. Or else doesn't care enough.

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
well it appears Deano has spat the dummy and is off for newer pastures... going from coaching staff at the Dragons to coaching staff ...somewhere.
Lets hope the team can muscle up and give him a send off like mary got.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
well it appears Deano has spat the dummy and is off for newer pastures... going from coaching staff at the Dragons to coaching staff ...somewhere.
Lets hope the team can muscle up and give him a send off like mary got.
I'd say he wasn't in Hook's plans anyway. Hornby might return - but Hook probably wants to set up his own system. I don't blame him.

My goss was Deano was "told" to go and get experience elsewhere.

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I'd say he wasn't in Hook's plans anyway. Hornby might return - but Hook probably wants to set up his own system. I don't blame him.

My goss was Deano was "told" to go and get experience elsewhere.
the other goss is..he was offered a job, Flanagan was not.
Wherever he ends up I hope he gets the experience to become a good coach and it probably is a good move. we havent had an "in house" coach that was any good since Harry Bath.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller

You need this more now.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Euan Aitken and Adam Clune are both out. Aitken is replaced by Williame whilst Ben Hunt moves into the halves and Cam McInnes shifts back to hooker to cover the loss of Clune.