Rugby League Round 19 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Thursday 17th September 7:50pm @ANZ Stadium

Jul 14, 2019
We will win but it won’t be as easy as what some may think.
From the few moments I have seen of The Bulldogs.. Your Mother-In-Law could sink them!! They are frankly as awful as their 2-16 record suggests.
I'm not sure The Crisps under Don Langmack or with Fletcher as Captain were quite as bad.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
From the few moments I have seen of The Bulldogs.. Your Mother-In-Law could sink them!! They are frankly as awful as their 2-16 record suggests.
I'm not sure The Crisps under Don Langmack or with Fletcher as Captain were quite as bad.
And that’s what we said last year along those lines at this similar time of the season and they beat us 14-6.

We will win but it may only be by 12-14 points.

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Well, Game Day is finally here!!! Big Game Day for us too in the context of our Season as we go up against a traditional rival in the Bulldogs, needing to win to help secure a sixth place spot. I always love playing the Dogs. As I siad, it's a big rivalry that stretches back over eighty years and they're one of out main rivals. We've had some great clashes over the years, and there's always a lot of feeling in these games, I expect tonight to be no different.

Also as I said, it's a must win game. We want to secure a top sixth spot to ensure a Home Final in Week one of the Finals so this game is crucial. We simply must put in a good performance.

Canterbury might be coming last, but there is no room for complacency today. No room at all. We all know what the Bulldogs are capable of, they're an extremely gritty side that tries their guts out. When playing them, you know the effort will be there and they will never give up until the final whistle blows. They seem to play a style of Footy that upsets us but we can't allpw that to happen tonight, we can't allow them to drag us down to their level. Stopping the likes of DWZ, Hopoate, Lewis, Marshall-King, Faitala-Mariner and Josh Jackson will be the key, particularly shutting down their forwards.

As I mentioned, there's no room for complacency tonight. You only have to look at the corresponding game last year where the Dogs got us in a late Season upset to know what can happen if you're complacent. We can't afford to turn up thinking 'easy win,' we have to earn the victory and that all starts with our archilles heel, our completion rate. Once again, holding the ball will be a big focus as a high completion rate will allow us to build pressure and build our game. We all know that if we complete highly, the rest will flow off the back of that. We must put in a good performance!

So yea, the ladder positions might not reflect it but this is a big game. I know the boys can do it!!

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Late mail: South Sydney’s star five-eighth Cody Walker is racing the clock to overcome an ankle injury he suffered last week. Troy Dargan is in the reserves to take his place if Walker isn’t right to go.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs, Thursday 7.50pm at ANZ Stadium

Rabbitohs:
Prop Junior Tatola was named on the extended bench after missing last round with a knee injury but he was cut from the squad on Wednesday along with Cory Denniss.

Jaxson Paulo will return on the wing for the suspended Dane Gagai and Hame Sele has replaced Patrick Mago on the bench.

Five-eighth Cody Walker has been named despite a leg niggle last week. Troy Dargan, who stepped into the halves when Walker was suspended earlier this season, is on the reserves.

The Rabbitohs have won five of their past six games against the Bulldogs.

Bulldogs:
No late changes expected. Tim Lafai has returned at centre with Dallin Watene-Zelezniak moving to the wing and Nick Meaney dropped.

Meaney and James Roumanos were omitted from the squad 24 hours before kick-off.

Chris Smith will start at lock and Josh Jackson on an edge. Luke Thompson (calf soreness) is expected to return after being named at prop.

Renouf To'omaga has dropped to the bench alongside the recalled Sione Katoa with Dean Britt the 18th man. Jackson will make his 200th NRL appearance.