Rugby League Round 16 - Saints v GC Titans

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Interesting game.
The Dragons got the loss they deserved while the Titans got the win they earnt.

The Titans?
Hung in there with brilliant in your face defence (something the Dragons rarely do and I keep saying they should)snuffing out the Dragons attack.
Scored two easy tries in the last five minutes.

The Dragons.
Looked good in red n white
played footy bordering on the edge of a scramble for 75 minutes then collapsed
Our attack was easy blunted by the Titans in your face defence as well as being very predictable
example?
run by Lawrie, run by Ravi. Repeat each time the ball is down the Dragons end.
a lot of one out forward runs followed by a few catch n pass efforts on along the back line but bugger all draw n pass.
The occasional hard charge by Frizzell out wide
then repeat the next set.

offloads? well three in first half and three in the second? or was it four?.
defence?. Ravi missed two and got one.
conceded too much field position by not moving up.
Froze near their own line when Ash Taylor or Kelly got the ball to see what they were going to do with it instead of tackling them.

The good?
Clune got in a couple of last tackle kicks that had some "hang " time to them ( the rest sadly went straight to titans players as lower kicks by Hunt
6 or 7 offloads but nowhere near enough
some young players look like they have a future
Deano is only an interim in house coach

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
What can you say ? Words are not enough.
more like actions are not enough..they need a plan ...an adaptable plan and a few thinking players that can adapt to opportunities.
I have to say some of our "more" prominent name players didnt get much of a mention on Fox so either what they were doing was being ignored by the caller or they werent doing much.
Sure we had beaten the titans the last three times we played them and they got a cleaned up by the Raiders but to me they looked like they were not far off getting their act together and last night happened to be the night.
I have always thought the Titans were a challenge for us since we gave them their first victory.

Reactions: S J