Rugby League Round 15 - Saints v Brisbane

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
I seem to recall Merrin was going to be in the run on side but I didnt see him get a run at all.

A close game that could have easily gone either way as both sides actually played for the full 80 minutes.
It started off with a rush of two tries to the Dragons and then the Broncos actually got their hands on the ball and it was 12 all in no time.

The Broncos were committed
Their last tackle kicks were high and plenty of "hang " time to them.
they were prepared to offload the ball and did so
They were a vastly more cohesive side with a few big name players out.

The Dragons?
Norman was seriously robbed of what should have been his 2nd try. How a ball can go backwards over a metre be called forward by Vid Ref is beyond me.
Also a side with more "life" to its game and Ravi gets better every week
Norman finally put in and had what by his standards was a stand out game.

We only managed THREE offloads in the tackle
Our last tackle kicks were low and didnt leave much time for our defence to get there.
we gave away more six agains and a few penalties in defence after the hard work of pinning the broncos near their line but improved in the latter parts of the 2nd half with good defence.
we also let in a few very soft tries.

Despite that the Dragons looked good, somewhat reminiscent of Bennetts way the Dragons played....grinding out a defensive win.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I seem to recall Merrin was going to be in the run on side but I didnt see him get a run at all.

A close game that could have easily gone either way as both sides actually played for the full 80 minutes.
It started off with a rush of two tries to the Dragons and then the Broncos actually got their hands on the ball and it was 12 all in no time.

The Broncos were committed
Their last tackle kicks were high and plenty of "hang " time to them.
they were prepared to offload the ball and did so
They were a vastly more cohesive side with a few big name players out.

The Dragons?
Norman was seriously robbed of what should have been his 2nd try. How a ball can go backwards over a metre be called forward by Vid Ref is beyond me.
Also a side with more "life" to its game and Ravi gets better every week
Norman finally put in and had what by his standards was a stand out game.

We only managed THREE offloads in the tackle
Our last tackle kicks were low and didnt leave much time for our defence to get there.
we gave away more six agains and a few penalties in defence after the hard work of pinning the broncos near their line but improved in the latter parts of the 2nd half with good defence.
we also let in a few very soft tries.

Despite that the Dragons looked good, somewhat reminiscent of Bennetts way the Dragons played....grinding out a defensive win.
Yes - looking like a new team. Still with a mathematical chance of making the 8.

Reactions: stanleyg

moto748

Very Active Member
Sep 13, 2013
Big difference for the Dragons when Norman pulls his finger out.

Reactions: S J