Rugby League Round 13 - Saints v Roosters

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
The game went basically according to script.
The Roosters were too good with their solid in your face concede as little field position as possible play.
The Dragons were in it for almost 60 minutes before the pressure and the speed of the game took its toll.

Good things from the Dragons

At least THREE offloads in the tackle (one of which blew our best chance at a try)
Frizzell actually passed the ball ONCE
Tristan went well and showed he has a footy brain
Clune was good
Lomax tried hard
Ravis hands are getting much better
they finally conceded bugger all penalties at the the oppositions end of the field after a last tackle kick
They conceded a lot less "six agains"
Their discipline was a lot better
Flanagan, oops Mary looks like he finally has some combinations to work with.

Things the Dragons need to work on.

A little more thought in our attempts to score from close to the opponents goal line....they tried a lot but couldnt come up with team answers
their defence needs to stop conceding so much field position
Offloads....missing in action and our forwards made easy targets with one out bash n barge running ( they did show some real effort though)
stamina....we cant last 80 minutes.
Catching the high ball....... Last week they were good this week they seemed frightened of catching it.

MOTH
Mcinnes....he was everywhere working his butt off.
Dufty a close second who got what team couldnt get...a self made token try at the death.

Reactions: Southy and S J

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
We were in it I guess - but never really in it ...

I liked the look of our younger guys - Dufty, Sailor, Clune and Lomax.

24 - 16
To be honest whenever they were near the Roosters line they tried a lot of things but mostly bash n barge and looked clueless.
We were not in the race to score in the second half and Duftys try was an unexpected piece of individual effort... It even looked like Hunt and Dufty were exchanging words...well mostly Hunt and he didnt look happy after Duftys try.

Last edited:
Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
To be honest whenever they were near the Roosters line they tried a lot of things but mostly bash n barge and looked clueless.
We were not in the race to score in the second hald and Duftys try was an unexpected piece of individual effort... It even looked like Hunt and Dufty were exchanging words...well mostly Hunt and he didnt look happy after Duftys try.
They lack ideas - or someone calling the shots.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
They got off S J S J only 75 points for Friend and 50 points for Hall, it’s an absolute joke they were grub acts.

Meanwhile your bloke Ford gets 2-3 weeks.
Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 Yes - I wasn't sure - I watched the replay and it seemed as if he may have put more effort in than necessary. Lomax apparently thought he did. Friends was clearly high - but again - not too bad.

Ford is a good young bloke - worth keeping imo. Did he get 2-3 weeks or is that an estimate ? Tripping was an auto send off once. These days its lucky to get a week.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21 Yes - I wasn't sure - I watched the replay and it seemed as if he may have put more effort in than necessary. Lomax apparently thought he did. Friends was clearly high - but again - not too bad.

Ford is a good young bloke - worth keeping imo. Did he get 2-3 weeks or is that an estimate ? Tripping was an auto send off once. These days its lucky to get a week.
2 weeks with an early plea mate.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
S J and Stan, at the risk of upsetting anyone, I didn't think Jake's and Ryan's offences were too bad. While they got off, obviously that is because of their relatively clean records (particularly in the case of Ryan). There has been much, much worse, including from some of our (and of course all other club) players over the years.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
S J and Stan, at the risk of upsetting anyone, I didn't think Jake's and Ryan's offences were too bad. While they got off, obviously that is because of their relatively clean records (particularly in the case of Ryan). There has been much, much worse, including from some of our (and of course all other club) players over the years.
I can't believe they usually let trips go though - it was once a send off. Friend's was high and late - but fairly harmless.

Ford is not known for such things so 1 week might have been enough.