Match Review ROUND 13 - Saints V Canterbury (Away)

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Correctamundo!

I think he’s just looking for a bite Rad is Stanley.

We already saw what happened to the Dragons without Corey Norman and now we are seeing what happens to Souths without Reynolds!
Not in the slightest.
I said some time ago injuries would be a great leveller and they are.
Bennett has that uncanny knack of coaching sides that contribute their share or more of Origin players and that does take its toll on those teams at this time of year.
Deal with it Bunny Boys.

The Dragons?
Norman played well BUT he wasn't the reason the Dragons ended up with the win against what seems to be the side to take the spoon from Parra this year

The difference was PASSING and OFFLOADING the ball in attack and a less swiss cheesy defence
Don't they look good when they do that?

The game didn't start off so well with a wild pass to Neville nobody and then Sims losing the ball in a Napa? tackle.
The Dodgies made numerous errors as expected from cellar dwellers and the Dragons took adavantage of it to play a more expansive game than their usual one out run and die with the ball all the time game.
It look like it was going to be a real arm wrestle until about the 11th minute when the dragons used the ball out wide and passed it about and offloaded it.
This woke them up to what they should be doing and they did it more often than not.

Coming out for the second half was suspenseful and one more wild pass near their own line was recovered from.
Apart from leaking an easy try to Foran it was a better looking Dragons side.

I do question the their next games.
What F'wit organised this draw?
We play Seagles, cows and choccy soldiers and again cows and choccies ?.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
The Dragons got the woeful Dogs at a good time. I'm sure a win will do something for their confidence, but despite some good play, they are still way below looking like contenders.

Reactions: stanleyg

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
The Dragons got the woeful Dogs at a good time. I'm sure a win will do something for their confidence, but despite some good play, they are still way below looking like contenders.
Yes in the wash up it was a good win as the dodgies seem to have had the jump on us even on their worst day