Rugby League Roosters - News, Signings and Rumours

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Mitchell Aubusson needs 14 appearances to pass Anthony Minichiello (302) and become the most-capped Roosters player.

The 32-year-old one-club man debuted in 2007 and has established himself as the ultimate Mr Fix It, winning three premierships along the way.

If he features in the opening 14 matches next season, Aubusson will usurp Minichiello in the grand final rematch against Canberra at GIO Stadium in round 15. (The Roosters have the bye in round 12).

ALX22

May 2, 2013
On Sunday afternoon, the Sydney Roosters instigated the delivery of a deed of termination/release to the management of Latrell Mitchell from the final year of his contract.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Thanks ALX. This finally ends a circus nothing like anything that I can remember in recent living memory. Our great club has handled itself with dignity and class, very much in stark contrast to certain other players and external parties. Easts forever.

Reactions: S J

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
RIP - Mark Harris. A truly great footie player and centre.

Played in the 74 and 75 GF teams.

A damaging centre or winger, Harris played almost 200 games for the Roosters between 1970 and 1979, which included scoring a try in the drought-breaking 1974 grand final win and backed it up with 14 tries in the club's dominant 1975 premiership season.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Nice words SJ, thank you for doing that.

While I am too young to have seen Mark play, he was one of my father's favourite players in that golden 1970's era. Cancer is a terrible thing and is impacting on people far and wide. Everyone these days would have either a direct or indirect experience with cancer, and more needs to be done to deal with this horrendous disease.

I wish his immediate family, and extended Easts 'family', all the very best at this difficult time.

RIP Mark Harris

Reactions: S J