Rugby League Roosters – Injuries and Suspensions

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
No, nothing specific Rabbits 21 Rabbits 21. All I know is that it was sustained at training. My suspicion (and I stress that I am only speculating) is that it is something to do with his ribs. I think a week or two might just do him some good. He is not 100% at the minute.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I see Cordner as the biggest issue. Concussion again - and at training.

I can't see the Chooks winning a third GF without him on the field.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Not surprisingly, Boydy is out again for our Round 12 fixture against the Gold Coast Titans at the SCG. As what we did for Luke Keary, Robbo will rest him, be cautious and not take any unnecessary risks.

Brett Morris has sustained a fracture in his back (i.e. lumber spine), meaning that he could be out indefinitely. Ryan Hall steps up for us now hopefully.

Reactions: S J

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Not surprisingly, Boydy is out again for our Round 12 fixture against the Gold Coast Titans at the SCG. As what we did for Luke Keary, Robbo will rest him, be cautious and not take any unnecessary risks.

Brett Morris has sustained a fracture in his back (i.e. lumber spine), meaning that he could be out indefinitely. Ryan Hall steps up for us now hopefully.
I’m sure Boyd will be ok, you’ve still got good enough players to win these games without him.

Not good re Brett Morris. You wouldn’t want another injury in the backs.

It is the same with Souths, once you get an injury or 2 they seem to be them continuing to mount this season (that is the injuries).

Robbo will no doubt rest Teddy and Keary at some point too.

I still expect you guys to make the bottom of that top 4. It’ll probs come down to you guys and Canberra but I think you guys will get it done.

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019
Feb 6, 2018
Friend seems to have been a bit off the last few weeks I have heard The_Fanatical_Rooster The_Fanatical_Rooster.

Last couple of weeks I haven’t been able to watch you guys play but I also have heard Lam seems to be doing a good job in his 25-30mins or so at dummy half. I guess he’s important so Friend doesn’t burn out as he’s not getting younger and has had his fair share of injuries.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I’m sure Boyd will be ok, you’ve still got good enough players to win these games without him.

Not good re Brett Morris. You wouldn’t want another injury in the backs.

It is the same with Souths, once you get an injury or 2 they seem to be them continuing to mount this season (that is the injuries).

Robbo will no doubt rest Teddy and Keary at some point too.

I still expect you guys to make the bottom of that top 4. It’ll probs come down to you guys and Canberra but I think you guys will get it done.
Yes, Robbo has come out recently and said that he is happy with Boyd's progress. I am not too concerned just yet, but more wary at the moment.

The Morris boys are both out this week. I hope we can re-sign them, but I am not sure what the likelihood is at the moment, particularly with Brett.

Teddy and Luke will be rested when the time is right, but we will need some reinforcements back first, though.

I agree that we will finish fourth at this stage, third at a pinch, but no higher. I would be happy with that, as we can atill mount a good challenge from there.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
Friend seems to have been a bit off the last few weeks I have heard The_Fanatical_Rooster The_Fanatical_Rooster.

Last couple of weeks I haven’t been able to watch you guys play but I also have heard Lam seems to be doing a good job in his 25-30mins or so at dummy half. I guess he’s important so Friend doesn’t burn out as he’s not getting younger and has had his fair share of injuries.
Correct Rabbits. Friendy is 30 and, to me, is showing signs of burnout, just like Boydy.

He has been down on form in recent weeks, similar to Aubo. We are missing Verrills, but Lam is making a real fist of it as a back up number 9. I am pleased that he has seized his opportunity. Fair play to him. I hope that he can get more game time, and we elevate Freddy Lussick to get bench time, as he is a dummy half and can provide some much needed support and get the match experience he needs.

Robbo needs to manage this transition and I am sure he will.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
We are missing Verrills, but Lam is making a real fist of it as a back up number 9. I am pleased that he has seized his opportunity. Fair play to him. I hope that he can get more game time, and we elevate Freddy Lussick to get bench time, as he is a dummy half and can provide some much needed support and get the match experience he needs.
You mean not have Friend in the team for a game and have Lam in the 9 and Lussick on the interchange???

Robbo said Cordner could play next week.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller

I thought the Morii might be waiting for us ... :)

Boyd worries me. I've said before he's like a punch drunk fighter. Seems to get concussion too regularly. Might be time for a longer rest.

Robinson is very good at rotation. Resting players etc. I think SBW will fit in well.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
You mean not have Friend in the team for a game and have Lam in the 9 and Lussick on the interchange???

Robbo said Cordner could play next week.
Exactly, but I think they should ease him into it, so use Friendy for half a game, then Lam, and then bring in Lussick onto the bench. Once the latter has some game time, let Jake have a break and alternate Lam and Lussick. Once Friend has had his break, start easing him back in before the finals series starts. Simples!

I saw Robbo's press conference, as always. He was a bit coy about Boyd. While he might be back for Thursday, I am not yet convinced. He has to talk to his doctor first. Who knows what will come of that.

The_Fanatical_Rooster

Well Known Member
Oct 12, 2019
Sydney north
I thought the Morii might be waiting for us ... :)

Boyd worries me. I've said before he's like a punch drunk fighter. Seems to get concussion too regularly. Might be time for a longer rest.

Robinson is very good at rotation. Resting players etc. I think SBW will fit in well.
No mate, you are in luck there. Most likely neither of them. :)

Robbo sounded upbeat about Boyd. He knows what needs to be done to look after him properly. He is conscious of not overplaying his hand, I strongly believe.

I agree with you on both counts!