Opinion Racing - General News

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I'm backing Lucky Hussler in the Manikato Stakes because I got a Birthday bet - :hilarious::hilarious: No funds from my account..haha.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I've heard it's more of a """" I can't describe the word? Fathers & son in fishing sort of thing. My Pop R.I.P. he was a fisherman but my uncle had no interest - it didn't help my Pop threw my Mother and my Uncle when they were young - 4yrs and 3yrs in the creek - my Mother can't swim today - hahahahahaha
My gran pop was a pro fisherman out of botany bay and considered a vital food producer in ww11 along with the rest of the family so only one uncle got to go to war. He had many a trophy /record fish on the wall at the old amateur fishos club at Brighton which had really icy cold beer on tap.
My father used to suffer mal der mer just looking at the water in the basin and I inherited the gene to. Still used to go fishing with gramps in his retirement and provide the burley off botany bay heads so I can understand family fishing but the nippons don't have a real whaling history until more modern times when they got access to European boats. Before that they used to get the dead carcasses that washed ashore

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
My gran pop was a pro fisherman out of botany bay and considered a vital food producer in ww11 along with the rest of the family so only one uncle got to go to war.
My Mother said that also because it was vital for Australia at the time in WW2. fishing trawlers - nets and s**t. Pop was based near Newcastle.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Occasionally when I was a kid I fished with Pop and my uncle. Not many times. He was more interested with punting - 3 days on the water then horses, dogs and trot to have a break. haha

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Occasionally when I was a kid I fished with Pop and my uncle. Not many times. He was more interested with punting - 3 days on the water then horses, dogs and trot to have a break. haha
My grand pop was more interested in what my mom had packed for me to eat that he was going to have while my nose varied from 9fett above to just half an inch from the water as I was busy bringing up last nights dinner over the side. I love fishing but stick to standing on the shore

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
My grand pop was more interested in what my mom had packed for me to eat that he was going to have while my nose varied from 9fett above to just half an inch from the water as I was busy bringing up last nights dinner over the side. I love fishing but stick to standing on the shore
Well, my Mother and her siblings my Nan/Pop divorces when my Mum was 9-10yrs - something like that? He got remarried years later, no kids. He was a really good footy player - winger. Souths offered him to come, but he got good money after the war and my Nan couldn't bear Sydney. He played many years in the Newcastle comp.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
His nickname was buzzer! Everyone around the district and my Mother says "buzzer" not Dad! :hilarious:

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I ring the oldies about that - he'd be 96 now R.I.P. he was 29-30yrs when my Mother was born. My nan is still alive in a Nursing home and she's 88.