Rugby League Rabbitohs Round 5 - Home vs Broncos: Thursday 8th April 7:50pm @Stadium Australia

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
I’m very flat tonight after what’s been happening with Reyno but I’ll be fired up tomorrow as always no doubt and will be out at Homebush tomorrow night!

I think we will win by around 14 points.

Won’t be as easy as some think.

doyen

Well Known Member
Feb 6, 2018
I’m very flat tonight after what’s been happening with Reyno but I’ll be fired up tomorrow as always no doubt and will be out at Homebush tomorrow night!

Dammit--Swans game on at the same time as Sths--will watch the Swans live & record Sths---big nite of footy !!!

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Well it's been a short week but we're there, it's finally game day!! A big game for us tonight (considering who we're missing) as we go up against the Broncos in what should be a heated clash. The Broncos were never considered a 'big' rival for us but that all changed a few years ago with the infamous coach swap. Since then, there's been so much bad blood between us and Brisbane and it's propelled them to 'big' rival status in my eyes. One coach may longer be there to add the extra spice but I don't feel any less passionate in my dislike for that club. So I'm expecting it to be a firey clash too. Our over all record against them is poor too so beating them is always sweet.

Some people will look at this and think, "easy win Souths," but I don't see it that way at all. The Broncos have a far better roster on paper than their ladder position suggests. They have been seriously underperforming in recent times. I feel that at some point, they're going to click and that could be against us tonight, who knows? He have to be prepared for that. They'll come out firing looking to make an early statement and we must weather that and over come it. So yes, it's not going to be an easy game but the reality is that if we want to be a top four side, these are the games we must win.

For us, it's been a distracting week externally. News of Cody and Keaon being suspended, and the news about Wayne and Reyno seems to have exploded the past few days, it's everywhere! So externally, there's a lot of stuff going on. However, internally, the boys must ensure it's not a distraction at all and I feel this is our biggest hurdle tonight. We need full focus from everyone tonight and we'll find out if the boys are in the right space mentally within the first twenty minutes. On another note, it's going to be really interesting to see how we go without both suspended players but Cody in particular. I have full faith in the guys replacing them and am actually really looking forward to seeing them as well as Latrell, Reyno and Cookie stand up to cover Cody's loss.

On your feet everyone, fire up!! It's almost time to go!!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018

Well once again game day is here. IT IS THAT TIME ONCE AGAIN TO FFIIRREEE UUUPPPP!! We can’t take Brisbane lightly they’re better than the Bulldogs. We need to block out the outside noise and focus on the task at hand and that starts with doing the little things well and being disciplined, completing our sets highly and defending well DONT LET THEM OFFLOAD!! I have full faith in Benji and Host starting tonight. Hopefully we are well ahead so in the last 15-20mins Hawkins can come on. If we wanna make the top 4 these ones are the games we simply have to win cant afford to drop them. Being a Thursday Night probs won’t be a big crowd but we can sure make it a loud one! I’ll be there tonight I AM PUMPED!!!!

In the words of Jez, ok as we look down the tunnel her at Stadium Australia we can see the boys from Brisbane starting to male their way down the tunnel, Rabbitohs members and supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Brisbane Broncos!:)..

AT AROUND 7:53PM TONIGHT OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME ONCE AGAIN TO GET ON YOUR FFEEETTTTT!!! STOMP YOUR FEET CLAP YOUR HANDS SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME ONTO HOME TURF YYOOUUURRR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHHHSSSSSS!!!!

GLORY GLORY!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS!!

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
From Zero Tackle,

Rabbitohs debutant already an off-field star

Dean Hawkins was only informed by Wayne Bennett on Tuesday that he’d be making his NRL debut this week, but this maiden first-grade appearance has been a long time coming.

Hawkins will come off the bench against the Broncos on Thursday night, likely into the halves with Benji Marshall to slot back into the drifting lock role he’s been filling over the opening month of the competition.

Rising through the Rabbitohs’ ranks via their Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup side, the 22-year-old has drawn comparisons to teammate

Adam Reynolds with his astute kicking game and playmaking abilities. Though while Reynolds honed his trade on the streets of Redfern, kicking a footy at lamp posts and garbage bins, Hawkins had a different method.

Better known as ‘Footy Dean’ online, Hawkins ran his own YouTube channel at age 13, showing the world his footballing ability. Whether it be a short kick, a flick pass or showing us ‘how to make a line break’, the halfback has the skills in his arsenal to make an impact.

Former teammate Jack Johns gave followers a taste of Hawkins’ most viewed video, ‘Kid kicks off a cone into a small hole (10m)’, via his Instagram story, showing a young Hawkins giving fans a taste of his kicking game.

If you thought that was impressive, wait until you see the youngster perfect his flick pass in another show of the debutant’s ability.

With a whopping near 700 views on his ‘Kid kicks off a cone into a small hole’ video, there’s no doubt that Hawkins is already a star before he runs onto Stadium Australia tonight.

How much game time he sees will dictate how much of this wide skillset fans will get to see, but regardless, best of luck to Dean on his debut!

pure steel 111

Well Known Member
Jul 14, 2019

Its ALWAYS a hard slogg for you. If we fail to secure a clear V in this. playing at Home, it looks bad. Brisbane are a poor football team.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Yeeeeehaaaa what a win that was!!! Really really enjoyed that game and while it wasn't perfect, it was pretty damn good! Domination from start to finish and the result never really looked in doubt. I feel that we never even really got out of first gear either which is a good sign. Despite this, everyone out there in a Red and Green jumper was on, there wasn't a bad player tonight.

We started the game amazingly well. Charging up field with ease and the plays were looking threatening, plenty of half breaks or line breaks. Scored a freakish try and then backed it up again with another soon after from some silky backline skills. Fell into that poor period for twenty minutes or so where we dropped ball and then had poor defence to let them back in. We came down to their level but even then, we still looked like the batter side. To the boys credit, they were still able to strike right on halftime. In a killer blow.

In the second half, once we got over our early errors it was complete domination with almost everything about our game looking awesome. I say almost. The next fourty minutes were brilliant to watch as we carved them up, dominating Brisbane through the middle and then destroying them with our attack. It was brilliant!

Loved that game, love this win!! A great performance and a great way to start the weekend! Stoked!!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Yeeeeehaaaa what a win that was!!! Really really enjoyed that game and while it wasn't perfect, it was pretty damn good! Domination from start to finish and the result never really looked in doubt. I feel that we never even really got out of first gear either which is a good sign. Despite this, everyone out there in a Red and Green jumper was on, there wasn't a bad player tonight.

We started the game amazingly well. Charging up field with ease and the plays were looking threatening, plenty of half breaks or line breaks. Scored a freakish try and then backed it up again with another soon after from some silky backline skills. Fell into that poor period for twenty minutes or so where we dropped ball and then had poor defence to let them back in. We came down to their level but even then, we still looked like the batter side. To the boys credit, they were still able to strike right on halftime. In a killer blow.

In the second half, once we got over our early errors it was complete domination with almost everything about our game looking awesome. I say almost. The next fourty minutes were brilliant to watch as we carved them up, dominating Brisbane through the middle and then destroying them with our attack. It was brilliant!

Loved that game, love this win!! A great performance and a great way to start the weekend! Stoked!!
At start of second half when the boys ran on Reyno came right over to the sideline I got on my seat and started the AAADDDAAAMMMMM chant and he waved at me, it was an emotional moment! Was great some of the crowd joined in as well!

No voice at all left but well worth it!

Highlights of the night the Reyno try, 2 try assists and 2 point field goal THAT IS HISTORY BABY!!

Oh and Trell you beast son!

Tom 19 for 245 metres as well!!

Rabbits 21

Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Reynolds reminded the Rabbitohs exactly the type of player they’re letting walk out the door. He had a hand in their first try with a cross-field kick, got a try of his own and then slotted the field goal right on the stroke of half time.

“I thought he was terrific,” Matty Johns told The Late Show.

“I’m amazed, well I’m not surprised because Wayne’s his coach, but how focused he’s remained during this contract predicament.”

Gorden Tallis agreed, pointing out how Reynolds was still able to have an impact without his regular halves pairing.

“There was no Cody Walker… Adam just kept the ball rolling. His kicking game was sublime.”

It wasn’t his best night on the boot, missing three conversions and putting up a very uncharacteristic kick early in the second half, but nonetheless Reynolds proved he has incredible skill.

It further justifies that the premiership-winning halfback is still in his prime, has a lot more football left in him and is more than worthy of the deal he wants.”

Source fox league