Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Opinion Rabbitohs respond to allegations of player misbehaviour

Discussion in 'South Sydney Rabbitohs' started by RADICAL RABBIT, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RADICAL RABBIT

RADICAL RABBIT Well-Known Member

Rabbitohs respond to allegations of player misbehaviour
    NRL.com
    Fri 14 Sep 2018, 09:05 AM

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have released a statement which says they will investigate allegations of player misbehaviour from earlier in the year.

The incident, which allegedly took place in May, was reported by News Ltd publications on Friday morning.

The Rabbitohs said a thorough investigation would be undertaken in conjunction and in close co-operation with the NRLs Integrity Unit.

"Since receiving contact details [on Thursday] night for the female involved, Rabbitohs officials have attempted to make contact via phone and email," the statement read.

"The Rabbitohs take any allegations of player misbehaviour very seriously and will not be making any further comment until the completion of the investigation."

Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold said he would prefer to not be talking about the incident but rather their semi-final with St George Illawarra on Saturday night.

"I would rather be talking about tomorrow night," he said.

"I appreciate the interest from the wider community around this.

"There's an investigation under way and like everyone else I'm keen to see it play out and be resolved appropriately.

"With regards to the accusations, our club treat the accusations seriously, as do the NRL Integrity Unit. In consultation between the Integrity Unit and the club I understand the investigation is ongoing. Outside of that there's no other comment I can make this morning.

"It's a little bit of chaos thrown in front of us. Of course it's not ideal. We've got the players in here this morning and our last practice before a semi-final game. All I can do is control what we do inside the change rooms and how we prepare on the park."

With regards to on-field matters, Seibold said star duo Adam Reynolds and Greg Inglis had trained strongly and would suit up against the Dragons.

"[Reynolds] is a little bit sore with his shoulder but he's got no dramas about playing tomorrow night, he'll get a needle like probably a couple of other players from both sides have to at this time of year and he'll crack on with it," Seibold said.

"[Inglis] trained both sessions this week. This morning's just an individual session so the players choose what they need to do to prepare best for the game. Greg's trained both sessions, he's got a bit of a bruise to a rib, I don't know if it's rib cartilage for Greggy but he's all good to go."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/14...espond-to-allegations-of-player-misbehaviour/

2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

I told ya guys - its a bum rap … ;)

Redfern Express likes this.
  3. doyen

doyen Active Member

I hope it wasn't BIG George showing off again!!

4. southsport

southsport Well-Known Member

Legal eagles have been employed by the club apparently and one player has Chris Murphy on the case.

5. S J

They're looking for a crack in the case … :)

6. southsport

That would be funny if it wasn't happening to us! :(

7. S J

Yes sorry - you don't want to be the butt of jokes … ;)

8. S J

You'll probably find nothing comes from it.

9. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

It is very, very concerning to have this news com out at this time of the year and in all honestly, it has the potential to de-rail our campaign and ruin our Premiership chances.

Rabbitohs statement regarding claims in today's media: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/14/rabbitohs-statement-regarding-claims-in-todays-media/

This article explains it in more depth,

Rabbitohs players reportedly caught up in Auckland lewd video chat: https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ly-caught-up-in-auckland-lewd-video-chat.html

If that all turns out to be true, I will be very disappointed in our players because that is obviously not a very nice act and as I mentioned before, this will no doubt have an impact on the playing group. I don't think it's a coincedence that this has been released one day out from our biggest game of the year and imo, the media are trying their best to de-rail us. I mean, who knows? This could all be an over reaction and the media may just be trying to bring us down. Either way, i don't think we can get too carried away with it until the official details emerge but it is not ideal that's for sure.

However, why all the drama? Why not just close it and move on FFS! Also, even if this does prove to be true, there is no evidence, and there'll be no way of gathering evidence, to suggest that she didn't want it to happen. For all we know, that may have been the intention of the chat all along and there will probably be no way of knowing.

We need to not let this effect us or it has the potential to de-rail us. The boys need to overcome this and I have faith we can!!

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  10. southsport

download.jpg

S J likes this.
  11. southsport

This was posted on another site:

"Just at a mascot juniors function.

Paul Kent is guest speaker.

He named the players. I don’t feel like naming them here except to say they are our key players.

The story is according to Kent:

*female in nz was on tinder and found a guy using image of our star player. She contacts him on social media to report to him. Our player says thank you but by the way did you swipe right or left.
    * they develop flirty relationship which leads to face timing on trip in nz.
    * while face timing other two stars brown eye here
    * original star play tries to call her to apologise and sort it out. Can’t reach her
    *girl contacts club next day who promises to investigate nothing happens
    *hard to work out what happens now. Kent says some clubs already on phone to him wanting blood including roosters who feel that the Pearce incident was blown out of proportion and cost them a premiership. Incident if proven is hard to work out what to do not that bad but not that good either."

Rabbits 21 and callmack1 like this.
  12. doyen

doyen Active Member

It's stupid behaviour,whoever is involved!!

If it's a married player/s than all hell could break loose, especially if the wives are unaware of a situation that occurred nearly 4 mths ago!!!
    Very embarrassing indeed!
    So Paul KENT is aware????

13. S J

14. RADICAL RABBIT

Isn't that pic of the Souths supporter who flopped his dick out at the pub the day after we won the comp??? I remember I actually saw it happen live on the news back then.

S J likes this.
  15. S J

I have no idea Rads.

16. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

If Paul Kent did name the alleged players and it turns out to be BS, then those players have a right to sue?

RADICAL RABBIT likes this.
  17. RADICAL RABBIT

Yep it is him! :hilarious:

I hear his mother was furious at him when she saw it on the news! :hilarious:

Redfern Express likes this.
  18. RADICAL RABBIT

I reckon!

19. callmack1

callmack1 Well-Known Member

That's actually not that bad honestly. A little stupid but it doesn't deserve this kind of attention at all.

Rabbits 21 likes this.
  20. Rabbits 21

Rabbits 21 Well-Known Member

Very sus timing...