Rugby League Rabbitohs Charity Shield Trial 2 - Away vs Dragons: Saturday 27th February 6:30pm @Glen Willow Stadium

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Here we are, a very exciting week for us this week! Obviously last week was very exciting too as it marked the official return of Footy but all pre-Season, I think this is the week we've really been looking forward to as we go up against the Dragons in the Charity Shield on Saturday night!

Always a big game, as big as it gets for a trial match, and while it may only be a trial, it's a chance for some early Season silverware so it means a hell of a lot. This will be the 38th edition of the Charity Shield and we are gunning for nine years of Shield wins in a row which is pretty crazy.

This is the last game before Round 1 proper and as such, I expect it to be like an NRL game with both sides naming the strongest squad they possibly can. A lot has been made of St George Illawarra this Off-Season but none of that matters now. They'll be hugely up for this so we must not underestimate them and we must match their intensity.

For us, as I said, I expect us to name the strongest squad possible with a lot of younger and fringe guys on an extended bench. I believe all our big guns apart from maybe Reyno are available so this is a great chance to see our combos and see where our team is really at leading into Round 1.

Cannot wait!!!!

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
getting closer.
i just hope its entertaining with as few errors as possible.....of course I would like the Dragons to win :cool:

Southy

WLF "Member of the Year" 2020
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
getting closer.
i just hope its entertaining with as few errors as possible.....of course I would like the Dragons to win :cool:
This match seems to get up the nose of supporters from rival clubs because it is so much appreciated by Souths and dragon fans, other clubs trying to replicate it just don't get the same amount of hype. :)

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand
Rabbitohs Team List for Charity Shield: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/02/23/rabbitohs-team-for-charity-shield/

Yewwwww the Line Up is finally out!! Pretty happy with it too, almost our strongest side possible minus Su'A who i forgot had picked up a little injury. Pretty sure he's okay for Round 1 but it's right to not risk him here. Stoked to see Reyno is good to go! No Knight or Cartwright is interesting though, maybe they have some little niggles.

Otherwise, it's all go. Yes, Mansour isn't starting but I wouldn't read too much into that. The Charity Shield is rolling subs I think so it doesn't really mean a lot, Mansour may end up getting more game time.

Gonna be so good to get a look at how the top side is shaping up, this is a dress rehersal for Round 1. Also really excited to see a lot of the young guns in action and of course, those wearing our colours for the first time.

Jeez I can't wait!!!

Rabbits 21

WLF "Member of the Year" 2019/20
Staff member
Feb 6, 2018
Rabbitohs Team List for Charity Shield: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/02/23/rabbitohs-team-for-charity-shield/

Yewwwww the Line Up is finally out!! Pretty happy with it too, almost our strongest side possible minus Su'A who i forgot had picked up a little injury. Pretty sure he's okay for Round 1 but it's right to not risk him here. Stoked to see Reyno is good to go! No Knight or Cartwright is interesting though, maybe they have some little niggles.

Otherwise, it's all go. Yes, Mansour isn't starting but I wouldn't read too much into that. The Charity Shield is rolling subs I think so it doesn't really mean a lot, Mansour may end up getting more game time.

Gonna be so good to get a look at how the top side is shaping up, this is a dress rehersal for Round 1. Also really excited to see a lot of the young guns in action and of course, those wearing our colours for the first time.

Jeez I can't wait!!!
My mate his info re Su’a being injured a couple of weeks ago and gonna be missing start of season must be correct!

Reactions: callmack1

callmack1

Very Active Member
Staff member
Feb 11, 2018
Taranaki, New Zealand