Welcome to WhiteLineFever.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the WhiteLineFever community.

Opinion P's you off?

Discussion in 'A Current Affairs' started by Bazza, Jun 19, 2018.

1. ALX22

ALX22 Well-Known Member

So many old people on here :p

2. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

My biggest - or one of them - bugbears is the phone. WHY WHY WHY when you ask a tradesman to ring you on your land line do they ring on the mobile. They always want it - for emergencies - but then use it all the time.

They are both just numbers - so why ?

I got a message minutes ago asking if I could make an appointment I'd made - tomorrow. To reply I couldn't use reply on my mobile - I had to do it via an internet link - WHY ???

I don't have the internet on my phone - many people don't. SO - why do they do this ?

3. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

With mobiles with tradies - they can text (SMS) if they are late and also many tradies (there mobile is on but sometimes they dont hear it) Some tradies will ask you for your email address if you're an older client who is retired and they will say, check your email. Most people do mobiles now it's more instant with a on your person in your pocket.

4. S J

S J Mod Squad Staff Member

But I don't have it in my pocket - I often don't take it with me. I prefer the land line.

BUT - if you ask them to use land line - why don't they ?

5. Bazza

Bazza Well-Known Member

The only explanation I have - laziness. BUT - I was mainly speaking tradies most of the time it's on them..I put it near my esky in gym bag as I've damage it beforehand. hahahahaha...I'm fucking useless. Mind you, I'm not a full tradie now - I'm a gardener and landscaper. Mind you I do some chippy work on occasions.