Port Adelaide Power Thread

Mr. Sharky

Jun 11, 2014
Adelaide
Paddy Ryder to return for Port Adelaide against Sydney at SCG

July 01, 2015 12:08PM

Paddy Ryder handpasses as Sam Butler chases. Photo: Sarah Reed. Source: News Corp Australia

PORT Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has confirmed versatile tall Paddy Ryder will make his return from Achilles soreness in the Power’s crucial clash with Sydney at the SCG tomorrow night.

Ryder is the sole planned change to the Port line-up after its bye week.

Kane Mitchell makes way for the returning Ryder, who has not played since the round-eight loss to Richmond.

“Yeah he’s fine, he’ll play,” Hinkley said today. “He’ll be in the team, no problems there.

“He’ll play his first game in a little while and we’ll look forward to getting him back in the team.

“That’s one of those inconsistencies we haven’t been able to get right. We just haven’t had our team balance the way we’d like it and we’re trying to get it to that point.

“He’s really ready to play. He’s quite an infectious bloke and everyone likes him being around the footy club. I’m sure the boys will enjoy going away with him today and being a part of the team again.

“He was a big signing for us at the start of the year and he’s still really important to our long term.”

Hinkley also confirmed Robbie Gray, who was stretchered off during the Carlton loss following a sling tackle from Bryce Gibbs, was fit to play.

“Rob’s good. The bye is perfect for all those,” Hinkley said.

“You’d put him in some doubt if it had’ve been immediately after that but with the extra days he’s no problems.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/paddy-ryder-to-return-for-port-adelaide-against-sydney-at-scg/story-fndv8s6g-1227423364598

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
I had a slight interest in this mob when the were a local side in Adelaide. Magpies ?

Many years ago :)

Mr. Sharky

Jun 11, 2014
Adelaide
I had a slight interest in this mob when the were a local side in Adelaide. Magpies ?

Many years ago :)
They're still around SJ.

They act as the Port Power reserves these days after the two clubs formed a joint venture a few years ago.