Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

wilco

Sep 30, 2020
I will add this! It's oil - simple f**k....Iraq also. The USA they have Alaska at the moment...Invest in new technologies. Maybe not solar
For those who’ve come across the seas We’ve boundless plains to share;
Even China the biggest exporter of our coal....is dropping. 20% in China.
Some farmers don't like the gas at all...Australian Government owns 1 foot underneath the ground. F.. Politicians -- even today with Gladys - they did the relationship 1 year before what she said. Politicians - dirty grubs. Both sides.

wilco

Sep 30, 2020
Even smart economist, smarter new coal mine - it's not beneficial as the outlay, even a used one. Not this forum, knows the facts - it's like Fox f'n news....lol!

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
PS. The vacant eyes on the dog on the left is similar to the vacant eyes of your mug shot. The empty stare says much about your awareness of the world around you - and of yourself, it needs to be added.
Does that mean the dog's arse on the right is Reich Wing news - possibly Bolt?
The aroma going into your nose is the accurate smell of what you have been fed on under the guise of knowledge and information.

I will gladly apologise if you can provide facts to support your beliefs - "wishing" you are right is self-delusion and an act of mere faith in a cult of "one". It is not evidence that would be admissible in a court of law, (unless that court was hearing a case for you to be put into an asylum), while your "wishing" and faith is definitely not science.
So, Stan, where do you actually belong if it is now clear that you do not inhabit the real world?.
View attachment 4997View attachment 4999View attachment 5000
you remind me of some people Horehead street
greens 3.jpeg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
Even smart economist, smarter new coal mine - it's not beneficial as the outlay, even a used one. Not this forum, knows the facts - it's like Fox f'n news....lol!
the point being Fossil fuel works.
It has baseload and can power GRIDS reliably unlike Green power which is NOT yet ready to do so ....unless you can get the sun to shine 24hrs a day or the wind to blow moderately all the time.
Green power is heavily subsidised and doesnt perform as well as its proponents would like.
Its fine for domestic dwellings that dont have a large load but even people who cant afford it pay for it with higher power prices.

Green activists are very smart though.
They buy shares in companies including banks and demand as shareholders they stop investing in fossil fuel power that works.
Unl;ess we go NUKE we are an isiolated country who cannot do what europe does and just plug into their neighbours power gird.
Germany which has spent 0ver $930 Billion on going green has only managed 36% odd and the rest is coal, gas and hydro.
When they have a shortage they just plug into the the French grid which is NUKE.

climate 5.jpeg
labor 2.jpeglabor 4.JPGlabor 6.jpeg

Morehead St

Aug 7, 2020
the point being Fossil fuel works.
It has baseload and can power GRIDS reliably unlike Green power which is NOT yet ready to do so ....unless you can get the sun to shine 24hrs a day or the wind t

View attachment 5030
View attachment 5031View attachment 5032View attachment 5033

Now, we have been directly asked to lower the temper of language on the site. As I said in my last post to you, that is very difficult when you continually fail to discuss on a rational and adult level. Cartoons are not any way of debunking scientific facts.
You object to me showing how and why your memes and cartoons and articles are all lies. How can any adult treat facts and truth as insult enough to object to them? That IS ignorance.

That shows more about you as an undeveloped human, than you will ever realise.

The series of memes you now offer, just hardens the case against you. It once more shows your failure to develop a mature approach to matters.

A child will believe something simply because they believe it. That child has no idea of evidence, logic or reason because the mind is juvenile. The child therefore has an excuse. But you do not. that is why I asked if you had suffered a head injury as a boy - since that would explain so much regarding your many faults.
You said you had not been kicked in the head as a boy by a horse. But given the avalanche of lies you constantly present, how can that be believed? Nothing you have so far presented can be taken on trust. You do NOT verify any cartoon you present as evidence that 10s of 1000s of climate scientist are wrong. So how can anything you say ever be believed when you do NOT know how to search for, or check on, truth?

You saying I am ignorant does not create a fact.
You need to explain WHY your assessment is accurate. You yet again fail that basic requirement.
You need to analyse all of the evidence and explanation I have presented to you, and point out the pieces of ignorance in that delivery in order to justify your case. You yet again fail that basic requirement.

You are too like a child to understand the ins-and-outs of any topic. Look, I'll show you yet again how to do it. (Now, it appears to me that if your teachers or family had taken as much time as I have with trying to help you open your mind and eyes, you would be much less the figure of ridicule you go out of your way to put on public show.)

In the real world most of us inhabit, an argument is made against the science by using FACTS. A meme if NOT a scientific FACT. An article full of distortions is NOT scientific FACT. This is why you are incapable of understanding the basics of the physical world around you.
You see, you begin at the wrong end. You start with a "I hate the left". The left agrees witnAGW. Therefore I hate AGW. Whoops! - there is a lack of scientific facts to support my argument, I will use memes.

For you, that is science. That is no way to approach the simple matters in like, let alone the information that informs your voting habits. Can you see why you have failed in life? Can you see why existence has been a bitter struggle for you? Are you capable of using the few years you have left on this Earth to turn things around so that your mind can open a little wider which would help you to appreciate the world that surrounds you?
If any normal person were to view your posts, they would assume that a head injury has in fact fallen your way. Maybe the horse kicked so hard that you can no longer recall the incident? After all, it was you who showed a map, which indicated the huge amount of sea ice loss in the Arctic, as evidence that warming is not happening - that somehow sea ice is growing in that part of the world. How can that ever be explained? It just can't.

It reminded me of poor Southy who believes natural forcings are causing warming - so he presents one article by a bloke who believes the world is cooling because all the natural forcings are cooling, then presents another article showing the sun's activity has been in a lower setting for more than a few decades: he - like you - offered that evidence to support his view that Man is not causing warming!! If nature is cooling, and we are warming, then how do you explain it if not Man? You may not see the illogic there, but others will. How can that ever be explained? It just can't.

What part of "The 10 Warmest Years on Record Have been In The Last 15 Years" don't you understand?
1602983612354.png

Can you open up your mind to facts which will act as a shield against those who manipulate and use you? We all only have a brief time on this Earth - too many people waste their one and only chance of existence by choosing to live in fear and the dank darkness of ignorance. Why have you willingly, continually, enthusiastically, given your lone life over to lies and stupidity?

This life is NOT a dress rehearsal - we don't come back here to do it again in a better way. If you stuff it up, then that will be all there is to you.
Try to make amends by improving your world view by actually using facts - evidence- logic - reason. God gave us a brain - you have not used it. If you give a kid a present, and they leave it unopened, you would be insulted. That is what you have done with your unopened brain.

Now, back to your fake evidence that you have put your entire babyish faith in. I have shown you the original and true maps and charts. Instead of saying something like, "Yep! I was wrong", you act like a boy who cannot face himself - who cannot see that improvement comes from a progress in thought and knowledge, rather than a repeating of false claims over and over.
You are a boy - a naughty, naughty boy.
Again you display your utter ignorance by failing to address my demolition of every one of your feeble points - or should I more correctly say, memes and cartoons. You presentation of even more childish copy/paste reflects the shallowness of you. Piling more stupidity onto stupidity does not make a fact.
You lack the basics

You have yet to acknowledge that you have used falsified copy/paste in your "evidence". That IS ignorance.
You have yet to admit that you do indeed need to inspect the credibility of your sources. That IS ignorance.
You fail to improve your approach by merely searching for more lies to present instead. That IS ignorance.

Ignorance is the conflating of issues: you ignorantly do not notice that:
1 - it does not matter how much one state in one nation relies or does not rely on coal - you attacked the science - coal has nothing to do with the truth of that science. You start with a favouring of coal, then work backwards by criticising the facts of the science. That IS ignorance. Just admit that the science is right, but that you enjoy coal more than truth. It is that simple.
2 - The winning or losing of an election has nothing to do with the science being correct or not. The facts of science either stack-up or they do not. You say they do not, but only offer lies and cartoons to attack science. That IS ignorance.
3 - You do not know what "base load" refers to. Please look it up - 3 min read. That is ignorance, especially when using it for a case against scientific fact. How we generate power is a separate issue from the facts of science. Liking coal is NOT evidence for believing the science to be wrong. Only new scientific knowledge can demolish current scientific thinking. Liking or disliking coal has nothing to do with it.
4 - You even fail to realise why demonstrators put heads in the sand: they are showing you what YOU are. Surely, by looking at the number of arses poking in the air, the resemblance with yourself and echo-chamber maids is striking.
BTW Do you know where "Ignorance Is Strength" comes from. The answer is not vital, and an answer or not certainly doesn't lend any weight to either side of the argument: but if you did know the answer, then you may realise how foolish you look mis-using it here.
5 - FF working as a power source is NOT the issue - that is separate. The point under the microscope: Is the science correct or not? You continually offering lies shows that your case is weak. You need to present science fact to demolish science theory. What you like or do not like is irrelevant to that central issue. You are like a child who calls everyone wrong based on what you like or not. That is ignorance.
6- Greens in Corporations have zero to do with science fact.

And your evidence for calling me ignorant? Just your say-so. And how believable is that? Absolute zero - the same temperature as your brain I take it as it seems frozen shut. My proof for that? Just review all of your efforts and compare them to my analysis, factual evidence and discussion.

It is clear that you are deficient in the very basics of thought (do you need to hold in a big breath whenever you search for a meme since you cannot breath and search at the same time? infantile.
It is also obvious that I am far more skilled at cutting invective that you and far more original. But I take no pride in that as it often makes me feel as though I am kicking a child in the behind (I would say in the head, but something one or thing has already does that to you, clearly).

Gangley-g, here is a cartoon I enjoy. It is about you, but is NOT for you. It is NOT for you simply because you will not understand it. It is for others who do understand the world they live in.

1602983701808.png

Unmanly-g, OK, Ok, here are two just for you. It may help to condense all of that nasty reading into one simple communique:

1602984716480.png
1602984820758.png

PS I have again enjoyed mocking you today - by using FACTS!!

Morehead St

Aug 7, 2020
Laaaadeeees and Gintlemeeennn, it is my honour to present the pristine mind of Stanleyg for your fascination:

Exhibit 1 on why Studley-gspot does not believe in climate science:

1602988458209.png

I am really trying to be nice - but you are making it extremely difficult.
I honestly cannot fathom why you are not checking fake news items that "are too good to be true".

As a teen I read an article that most humans have "inbuilt BS detectors".
An alarm will go off in the head when lies are about. It is based on nouse and experience Unfortunately, a small minority have the alarm go off when logic is used; others will hear the siren when evidence is used.
At the same time, some people have the reaction-level on their detector turned so low, they believe almost anything without question.

Every one of your pieces of evidence presented so far has been proven fake, and I just present the evidence of facts.
Your above copy is a real howler - it shows that the battery in your BS detector is faulty, and may well have been since birth.
Let's look at the facts.

Your map is from Feb 08, 2020. Even the maps Key tells us that artic ice is shrinking. Just look closely for yourself. Your yellow line is the median ice edge over a 30 year period for that month (Winter in the Nth Hemisphere). I could not find your Feb 08 version, but I did find the one 2 days later, Feb 10:
View attachment 5006
1603012123999.png

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/arctic-sea-ice-extent-largest-february-fa/
It can be seen that just above Alaska, there has been some growth - but for the rest of the Arctic the scene is one of continued loss. That is in keeping with all IPPCC forecasts of some areas 'winning', some 'losing'.
Here is the article associated with that map" Arctic sea ice reaches the largest early February ice area in the past 11 years!"
Yet, that hiccup still demonstrates the massive ice loss, even when it is the "best" (for your POV, anyway) in 11 years.

Let's copy from the article: "Overall, winter was rather mild across much of Eurasia and North America, with the exception of Alaska and parts of Canada..(TRUE, even your chosen map proves that)...The model forecast actually shows the sea ice area growth extending into March with a similar pace. But the spring and summer forecast show one of the strongest melt seasons on record. This is still just a long-range forecast, but the sea ice forecasts are generally quite good at detecting melt season trends."

I have told you before that the models have been amazingly accurate. But you wanted to listen to liars who say different. So let's look at the actual map for the Nth Summer of 2020 to see if that forecast is correct or not, shall we:

View attachment 5007
1603012152818.png
Well well well. The models are wrong, huh? The sea ice is growing, huh?
Blind Freddy can see the massive loss of ice for the months of Sept. Unfortunately, that is only for someone with aphysical blindnewss - a mental defect in viewing is an entirely different matter.

Here is the associated article for that map:

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

"Arctic sea ice extent averaged for September 2020 was 3.92 million square kilometers (1.51 million square miles), the second lowest in the 42-year satellite record, behind only September 2012." That is "2.49 million square kilometers (961,000 square miles) below the 1981 to 2010 average." Keep that massive fig in mind because all of the UK is only 242, 000 sq kms! That is, the loss of sea ice is more than 10 times larger - or 3 times the size of NSW!!!

Now, this is the part where we come to silly buggers: your headline saying "highest extent in a decade", is designed to fool. It has been very successful, because it has completely bamboozled you. The actual maps display that. So, let's see what happens after the cherry picked map of 8th Feb, 2020.
Note date - Sept 15, 2020.

View attachment 5011
1603012178069.png
Why I like this map is the clear opening of the Nth West Passage. And why should that be important? Well it shows that the deniers are also blind to silly buggers:
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/06/politics/pompeo-sea-ice-arctic-council/index.html
Pompeo: Melting sea ice presents 'new opportunities for trade' By Jennifer Hansler, May 7, 2019
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday praised the Arctic region -- and its rapidly shrinking levels of sea ice -- for its economic opportunities, despite continued warnings about the catastrophic effects of climate change.

"The Arctic is at the forefront of opportunity and abundance," Pompeo said in remarks in Rovaniemi, Finland. "It houses 13 percent of the world's undiscovered oil, 30 percent of its undiscovered gas, an abundance of uranium, rare earth minerals, gold, diamonds, and millions of square miles of untapped resources, fisheries galore."

"Steady reductions in sea ice are opening new passageways and new opportunities for trade," he continued. "This could potentially slash the time it takes to travel between Asia and the West by as much as 20 days. Arctic sea lanes could become the 21st century Suez and Panama Canals," Pompeo remarked.
Many early sailors lost their lives in the futile search for a Nth West Passage. It had been considered impossible - until Global Warming, that is.

Here is another: http://www.kleanindustries.com/s/environmental_market_industry_news.asp?ReportID=857154
Early in 2018, China made its Arctic shipping ambitions official policy by calling for a “polar silk road” linking China to Europe, with an eye on the Northwest Passage that Canada considers an internal waterway.

And yet again: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/04/russia-lays-claim-to-vast-areas-of-arctic-seabed

Russia has submitted a bid to the UN claiming vast territories in the Arctic, the country’s foreign ministry said on Tuesday. The ministry said in a statement that Russia is claiming 1.2m sq km (over 463,000 sq miles) of sea shelf extending more than 350 nautical miles (about 650km) from the shore.

Russia, the US, Canada, Denmark and Norway have all been trying to assert jurisdiction over parts of the Arctic, which is believed to hold up to a quarter of the planet’s undiscovered oil and gas. Rivalry for resources has intensified as shrinking polar ice is opening up new exploration opportunities.

Russia was the first to submit a claim in 2002, but the UN sent it back for lack of evidence

Now we have had the facts, we have had the silly buggers, now we have the just plain weird! You supply a youtube address with that map and graph. So I went to it to see how you could possibly have got it so wrong.

This if from YOUR video at
with the Title "Weekly Arctic sea ice age between 1984 and 2016"
Please note the dates at the top left, and the video time at bottom left:

View attachment 5008
1603012257103.png
The above is the end of the video (look at the time). Compare that to the start of the video (look at the time) next:
View attachment 5009
1603012271797.png

Now, please also compare the charts on the bottom right of both maps. Go on - shoo! Go have a look. I'll wait for you to get back.
...tick, tick, tick...Time's up!

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I see a massive loss of sea ice - AGAIN!!

What is wrong with you? Seriously!!

Now, do yourself a favour by Googling, "Is sea ice growing in the arctic?"

Oh, BTW Just in case you were no going to turn your attention to Antarctic, here is a snip from the place where your map was copied (you know the one you failed to understand properly)
1602989535667.png

Las

Morehead St

Aug 7, 2020
Laaaadeeees and Gintlemeeennn, it is my honour to present the pristine mind of Stanleyg for your fascination, a mind that is so unused, that it is exactly the same as the day he was born - even the sizes are identical:

Exhibit 2 on why Dandy-greasespot does not believe in climate science:

1603012412113.png

Yes my good citizens; that is the proof Grundies -g used to diosprove all the science on climate.

Hello Stanleyg, welcome.
Where possible I have put evidence in direct quote/italics so that you can copy and paste into a Google search to check the veracity of claims.

A few things - beside all of what you have delivered being wrong, is that nothing of what you offer is from science - so what is your point?
If you are going to base your beliefs and political voting on non-expert advice from comedians, tabloid media and paid hacks from fossil fuel funded think tanks (Heartland, IPA) then please start a thread with a title that gives a reader an idea of the non-credible nature of your forum.

But since you have done a bit of copy and paste, which is NOT research, then I will spend a little time with you via a bit of typing, out of respect. Unless of course you are like so many conservative deniers who did not go too far in formal education (nothing wrong in that, just so long as your deluded arrogance gives you an idea that you know more than the experts as a result of that poorer education. That is just plain stupidity. Surely you can see that.) Poor Radical Rabbit has been so manipulated that he refers to scientists as "so called experts". That is deeply saddening as an adult could be so easily deluded. So if the experts cannot be believed, then who do you turn to? Why the non-experts of choice, of course. And who are they? Easy, Daily Rag, 2GB, fossil fuel funded blogs like Wattsup and JoNova, etc) Do you see the folly in not checking everything you hear in tabloid media - especially on such a vital issue?)

Further, my response is why "believers" hate discussing AGW with "deniers". The latter just blindly repeat unsupported and debunked claims heard on populists media or in echo chambers such as work mates or the pub. Deniers do not go to the science because they feel too unconfident, plus most do not have a back ground in research to feel "fit" enough to do the work. For example, Southy complains that I write too much - that is, there is too much evidence and explanation that contradicts his fakery, so it is easier for him to continue believing the hoax. He is allowed to vote by law, BTW!!! FFS, what is happening to my country????

No offence, but you also have offered no evidence - just some hacked memes/cartoons and bogus lists. Your presentation reveals you may fit into that mob who do not like too much reading or thinking - better instead to have a joke or insult to do the hard yards for the brain.

I'll work through each of your presentations, knocking over the flimsy ones first. I am unable to call your offerings evidence, even without the quotation marks. But I do thank you for the laughs.

The cavemen cartoon is clever, but not scientific evidence. Firstly, Stone Age Humans did not release "Since 1751 the world has emitted over 1.5 trillion tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere". (1,500,000,000,000 tonnes). As a cave man would say: "URG BIGGLY". Now, CO2 traps heat, that is why we can live on the planet. If there was no CO2 we would freeze as with Mars. If we have too much CO2 like Venus, we would fry (around 700 degrees). That trace/tiny amount of co2 (only .004% of the atmosphere) keeps our plant habitable for us. For hundreds of thousands of years there were 280 parts per million (ppm) of CO2 in the atmosphere. That stability was the case up until the Industrial Revolution. (1750-1800). We now have 420 ppm.
Surely you can see the massive increase there.

Stan, when that figure was last on the earth, Humans were NOT around! Think of that.
Further, many of the plants and animals we live off were also not around then.
Evolution is a slow process. Climates changed in the past because of different natural forcings. So when we had the comfortable 280ppm CO2 in the air, we did have an ice age. So why was that if 280ppm is the ideal comfortable amount?
Well, sun activity is not always constant - if the sun releases less energy, or more, then it has an effect on our climate. The rotation of our planet around our tilted axis is not perfect as we seen on a bike or car - there is a wobble. Over 100s of 1000s of years that wobble slightly changes and slowly that effects climate. Nature slowly responds to those changes.

Now, solar activity has been low since 1970s. In fact, a geologist disbeliever in Global Warming, Easterbrook, said all natural forcings have been "cooling", so since 2005 the earth will enter a cold climate. That is clearly not happening as 9 of the 10 hottest global years have occurred since 2005 (look it up - easy Google.)
The rise in temperatures that have occurred in 250 years has NEVER happened this fast before. What is worrying, is that the world has found a balance over the last few million years, and life has evolved in response to that balance. That 1.5 trillion tonnes of CO2 has been locked under ground for 200 million years. While it was buried, nature, and life, evolved into what we have today. In a very short time (compared to Earth's age,) that massive amount has been released in one hit.in super quick time to upset that balance.

At present "there are 1.42 billion cars in operation worldwide, including 1.06 billion passenger cars and 363 million commercial vehicles" In other words, multiply that figure by more than 1000, and put that massive amount of cars in the air, and that is how much CO2 has been released. When, even for a second, you realise the blanket that the GHG CO2 is, then it may give you an idea why scientists are worried (but not fossil fuel interests: they are not worried - why do you think that is Stan?).

Already animal migrations are changing, while some insects are disappearing, while others (may flies are flourishing in permafrost areas that are melting and releasing a more potent (but less abundant Green House Gas - GHG) than Co2, called methanse) are growing in number.
Sea life is disappearing in some places (yes, over fishing has played a role), while some areas are being invaded by species never seen in that locality before. Further, plant life is also on the move, with some species moving further south in Australia as temps warm.

Now, Co2 released in the first steps of the Industrial Rev are still in the air today. Some would have been absorbed by plants, some absorbed by the sea, etc, but CO2 hangs in the air from 30-1000 years. That is why the accumulation is worrying. We keep piling more and more heat trapping ghas on top of each other.
It is pretty easy science Stan. you put more blankets on your bed to keep and trap your body heat, you will be warmer. Keep adding blankets and you become too hot and wake up or kicked the blankets off during the night. It is the same with GHGs. Except not enough people are waking up.

Now, the second reason why cave men cartoon fails as science, is the amount of forest we have cut down over the last 200 years - those lungs of the Earth.
"there are approximately 3.04 trillion trees exist on the planet today--a mind-boggling number, especially compared with previous estimates that had not yet guessed the Earth had even a half-trillion trees. We're fine then, right? However great the news is that we’re adding trees back in the United States, there are still serious concerns about world-wide tree harvests. We have chopped the total number of trees in half since the advent of humans on our surface."

So, as we release more and more CO2, we simultaneously cut down that aspect of nature that evolved to keep that GHG at a balance. "Today, annual tree harvest vs. production on a world-wide scale shows that humans cut down approximately 15 billion trees a year and re-plant about 5 billion.
That’s a net loss of 10 billion trees every year, and a rate that would mean the loss of all trees within the next 300 years. That sounds like a long time, but your great-great-great-grandchildren may not have the same perspective as you do on that topic."

1603013004124.png

I hope that simple science dispels the "evidence" of your cartoon on which you form your belief and voting.

More later as I have reached my 10,000 character limit set by this site.

Morehead St

Aug 7, 2020
Laaaadeeees and Giiingerbums, it is my dubious honour to present the horrid mind of Stanleyg for your darker selves to be repulsed and attracted at the same time. Much like not being able to turn away from the carnage that is a car accident. A mind so twisted that another human could not possibly recognise it as natural. Behold the very definition of "repugnance" itself:

Exhibit 3 on why Randy-granny does not believe in climate science:

1603013460949.png
Hello Stanleyg, it's me again. Giving you respect by providing so much evidence and explanation and reason for you to put your thinking straight.
(Just joking, because the science of psychology tells me that minds like yours will not change: Further, psychology also informs that such an insult like that will be taken by you as a compliment! WTF!! )

Now, you could have saved yourself that enormous amount of work you undertook by copy 'n' pasting by just looking up the veracity of your beliefs yourself. That way you would have saved work and embarrassment. To put your name to so many follies on a public forum reflects a man who has little dignity: or at least little awareness of what dignity entails. Your public reproduction of cartoons and distortions as proofs, lavishly exhibits that you are a voter with "no idea".

But at least you saved $300 pa by not having to pay a Carbon Tax, and isn't that what it is all about? (BTW Farmers Assoc and Business Councils now admit that their energy would be now far cheaper - and our emissions far lower - if the carbon tax had been kept. Jobs would also have been boosted if we had kept up production of renewables

But that's politics.

Now for your Flannery cartoon which is enough, for you and those like you, evidence to dismiss a scientist who was made Australian Of The Year for his scientific work. Why didn't the AOY committee just give the award to you Stan, because that cartoon you copied from someone else's work shows that you know more about science than Flannery ever will? Isn't that right, Boyo!

This is why many tabloid media consumers do not listen to stations like the ABC or SBS or read TIME or SMH - they are all too "boring". They just go on and on and on in the same voice. Why don't they shout at, and mock, a guest and demand they are sacked or order their resignation? That is far more entertaining, after all. (BTW Stan, I am not keeping you from re-runs of MAFS am I?)Tabloid media works on emotion, not discussion. The average denier cannot understand that climate change will lead to more extreme weather at different times and in different locations around the world. That is why an illogical cartoon works on people like you.

So for the first time ever, the USA has had two hurricanes approach its shores at the same time fires are breaking out all over the arctic circle. Further, for the first time ever, the USA was hit by more than 5 hurricanes in one season. At that time the rain forest known as the Amazon had a few thousand fires. Yes, as the globe warmed, parts of the Nth Hemisphere were hit by unseasonal freezing weather about a decade back. A Republican senator brought in a snow ball and threw it on the floor of Congress and declared AGW over. Yes, that did happen - he is poaid a few hundred grand a year, and he does not know the difference between local weather and global climate. God help us all. BTW Stan, do you know the diff?

Climate change scientists never said - it would defy logic and their own learning if they did: "Every part of the planet will warm at the same rate, at the same time in an ever increasing up ward trend". If somehow you did think they said that, then you are swallowing more than just lies, methinks...

That one-size-fits-all scenario cannot happen just from common sense. More heat causes more evaporation, which will cause some areas to be wetter and more humid as other areas become drier. That is just basic. The cartoon makes that common sense knowledge as somehow a problem. That is dumb. Who could that DUMB possibly work on, Stan?

As for Flannery, I have a mate who said that scientists and Aussie Of The Year, Flannery, "Is a dick head". I asked why. "Because he is" was the only evidence. That was 18 months ago. I did ask, and he did promise, to send some evidence for the DH claim. I knew he would not - and he hasn't. That is the reasoning of the average denier for you!

I had not known about that criticism of Flannery, so I did a search - which my mate should have done. Murdoch media took a 2007 claim from Flannery saying the current rain in that year would not fill dams. He was of course correct, as history had borne out. He was also correct as the millennial drought still had 2-3 years left in it ravages to run. However, Murdoch continually reported that Flannery said no dams would ever fill again. That was hammered so often that it is all such an audience can remember. They have probably forgotten why they believe Flannery is a dick head - but for Murdoch that is irrelevant: what matters is that his consumers do not believe the science. You have demonstrated yourself a worthy subject of such basic media manipulation. That is OK, there are millions like you.

Flannery did not 'predict' that the drought current in 2007 was 'here to stay'...although it did last another 2-3 years. No scientist would make a claim like that.

He did say also that Perth would need to build a desalination plant - most of Perth's water is now supplied by desal!!

If you disagree, please post verbatim quotes from Flannery. No quote mining, no decontextualising, no citing third parties OR paraphrasing. A direct quote out of Flannery's mouth, please.

The problem for Australia's future, is that you and all those sheep like you, VOTE!!!.

wilco

Sep 30, 2020
Now, we have been directly asked to lower the temper of language on the site. As I said in my last post to you, that is very difficult when you continually fail to discuss on a rational and adult level. Cartoons are not any way of debunking scientific facts.
You object to me showing how and why your memes and cartoons and articles are all lies. How can any adult treat facts and truth as insult enough to object to them? That IS ignorance.

That shows more about you as an undeveloped human, than you will ever realise.

The series of memes you now offer, just hardens the case against you. It once more shows your failure to develop a mature approach to matters.

A child will believe something simply because they believe it. That child has no idea of evidence, logic or reason because the mind is juvenile. The child therefore has an excuse. But you do not. that is why I asked if you had suffered a head injury as a boy - since that would explain so much regarding your many faults.
You said you had not been kicked in the head as a boy by a horse. But given the avalanche of lies you constantly present, how can that be believed? Nothing you have so far presented can be taken on trust. You do NOT verify any cartoon you present as evidence that 10s of 1000s of climate scientist are wrong. So how can anything you say ever be believed when you do NOT know how to search for, or check on, truth?

You saying I am ignorant does not create a fact.
You need to explain WHY your assessment is accurate. You yet again fail that basic requirement.
You need to analyse all of the evidence and explanation I have presented to you, and point out the pieces of ignorance in that delivery in order to justify your case. You yet again fail that basic requirement.

You are too like a child to understand the ins-and-outs of any topic. Look, I'll show you yet again how to do it. (Now, it appears to me that if your teachers or family had taken as much time as I have with trying to help you open your mind and eyes, you would be much less the figure of ridicule you go out of your way to put on public show.)

;)An article full of distortions is NOT scientific FACT. This is why you are incapable of understanding the basics of the physical world around you.
You see, you begin at the wrong end. You start with a "I hate the left". The left agrees witnAGW. Therefore I hate AGW. Whoops! - there is a lack of scientific facts to support my argument, I will use memes.

For you, that is science. That is no way to approach the simple matters in like, let alone the information that informs your voting habits. Can you see why you have failed in life? Can you see why existence has been a bitter struggle for you? Are you capable of using the few years you have left on this Earth to turn things around so that your mind can open a little wider which would help you to appreciate the world that surrounds you?
If any normal person were to view your posts, they would assume that a head injury has in fact fallen your way. Maybe the horse kicked so hard that you can no longer recall the incident? After all, it was you who showed a map, which indicated the huge amount of sea ice loss in the Arctic, as evidence that warming is not happening - that somehow sea ice is growing in that part of the world. How can that ever be explained? It just can't.

It reminded me of poor Southy who believes natural forcings are causing warming - so he presents one article by a bloke who believes the world is cooling because all the natural forcings are cooling, then presents another article showing the sun's activity has been in a lower setting for more than a few decades: he - like you - offered that evidence to support his view that Man is not causing warming!! If nature is cooling, and we are warming, then how do you explain it if not Man? You may not see the illogic there, but others will. How can that ever be explained? It just can't.

What part of "The 10 Warmest Years on Record Have been In The Last 15 Years" don't you understand?
View attachment 5041

Can you open up your mind to facts which will act as a shield against those who manipulate and use you? We all only have a brief time on this Earth - too many people waste their one and only chance of existence by choosing to live in fear and the dank darkness of ignorance. Why have you willingly, continually, enthusiastically, given your lone life over to lies and stupidity?

This life is NOT a dress rehearsal - we don't come back here to do it again in a better way. If you stuff it up, then that will be all there is to you.
Try to make amends by improving your world view by actually using facts - evidence- logic - reason. God gave us a brain - you have not used it. If you give a kid a present, and they leave it unopened, you would be insulted. That is what you have done with your unopened brain.

Now, back to your fake evidence that you have put your entire babyish faith in. I have shown you the original and true maps and charts. Instead of saying something like, "Yep! I was wrong", you act like a boy who cannot face himself - who cannot see that improvement comes from a progress in thought and knowledge, rather than a repeating of false claims over and over.
You are a boy - a naughty, naughty boy.
Again you display your utter ignorance by failing to address my demolition of every one of your feeble points - or should I more correctly say, memes and cartoons. You presentation of even more childish copy/paste reflects the shallowness of you. Piling more stupidity onto stupidity does not make a fact.
You lack the basics

You have yet to acknowledge that you have used falsified copy/paste in your "evidence". That IS ignorance.
You have yet to admit that you do indeed need to inspect the credibility of your sources. That IS ignorance.
You fail to improve your approach by merely searching for more lies to present instead. That IS ignorance.

Ignorance is the conflating of issues: you ignorantly do not notice that:
1 - it does not matter how much one state in one nation relies or does not rely on coal - you attacked the science - coal has nothing to do with the truth of that science. You start with a favouring of coal, then work backwards by criticising the facts of the science. That IS ignorance. Just admit that the science is right, but that you enjoy coal more than truth. It is that simple.
2 - The winning or losing of an election has nothing to do with the science being correct or not. The facts of science either stack-up or they do not. You say they do not, but only offer lies and cartoons to attack science. That IS ignorance.
3 - You do not know what "base load" refers to. Please look it up - 3 min read. That is ignorance, especially when using it for a case against scientific fact. How we generate power is a separate issue from the facts of science. Liking coal is NOT evidence for believing the science to be wrong. Only new scientific knowledge can demolish current scientific thinking. Liking or disliking coal has nothing to do with it.
4 - You even fail to realise why demonstrators put heads in the sand: they are showing you what YOU are. Surely, by looking at the number of arses poking in the air, the resemblance with yourself and echo-chamber maids is striking.
BTW Do you know where "Ignorance Is Strength" comes from. The answer is not vital, and an answer or not certainly doesn't lend any weight to either side of the argument: but if you did know the answer, then you may realise how foolish you look mis-using it here.
5 - FF working as a power source is NOT the issue - that is separate. The point under the microscope: Is the science correct or not? You continually offering lies shows that your case is weak. You need to present science fact to demolish science theory. What you like or do not like is irrelevant to that central issue. You are like a child who calls everyone wrong based on what you like or not. That is ignorance.
6- Greens in Corporations have zero to do with science fact.

And your evidence for calling me ignorant? Just your say-so. And how believable is that? Absolute zero - the same temperature as your brain I take it as it seems frozen shut. My proof for that? Just review all of your efforts and compare them to my analysis, factual evidence and discussion.

It is clear that you are deficient in the very basics of thought (do you need to hold in a big breath whenever you search for a meme since you cannot breath and search at the same time? infantile.
It is also obvious that I am far more skilled at cutting invective that you and far more original. But I take no pride in that as it often makes me feel as though I am kicking a child in the behind (I would say in the head, but something one or thing has already does that to you, clearly).

Gangley-g, here is a cartoon I enjoy. It is about you, but is NOT for you. It is NOT for you simply because you will not understand it. It is for others who do understand the world they live in.

View attachment 5042

Unmanly-g, OK, Ok, here are two just for you. It may help to condense all of that nasty reading into one simple communique:

PS I have again enjoyed mocking you today - by using FACTS!!
"In the real world most of us inhabit, an argument is made against the science by using FACTS. A meme if NOT a scientific FACT." ;)

That's Trump's thing - Even the head Pandemic Doctor from the USA - you have to wear masks. Trump's supporters not so much...:hilarious:

Mate, I read some of your writings, though my reading skills aren't the best before work. I'm eating oats and milk and strawberries and ice packs on my shoulders(Bursitis).

Reactions: Morehead St

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
not sure if these should be in the laughs or politics so I will just pop them in here and see if I catch anything
labor9.jpeglabor10.jpeg

Reactions: S J

Southy

Enthusiastic Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Not sure how Australia's economy would fare without coal exports, it's our second largest export earner.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Dems cringed in terror as ACB held up her greatest weapon - some ran from the room screaming - while others pulled their coffin lids closed tight ... the Senate was in uproar as the sun shone in ...

Morehead St

Aug 7, 2020
1603084178458.png

Laddies and Chinnywags, in The Yellow-streak corner, we have for your entertainment, more evidence from Stanley-Do-Wrong of the Royal Bareback Mounties, that he has had the unfortunate experience of being in a line whose family tree may be a circle.

Exhibit 4 on why Randy-granny does not believe in climate science, and why the only thing he has done for science is to prove that we do descend from monkeys - though some are far more closer to their distant relatives than most others.

Our Simian cousin has said: 'The Global warmists have fallen on their face so many times they now make predictions of "could or maybe or possibly" instead of "Will and are". They also make these dire events for time in the future (2100) when they know people around to today will not be there to call them out on it unlike their other failed prophecies ."

It can be seen that the Great Denier does not use logic nor science to attack science.
Further, he has been asked to supply where the science has got it wrong so far about increasing heat, and increasing ice melt. So far he has supplied a map to show that ice is melting, but he does not have any evidence to refute that temps are indeed warming - as predicted.

Our banana munching cousin doubts the evidence and modelling - though he never produces actually evidence on which to base his views.
So lets look at the evidence regarding predictions and modelling:

Apologies to those who have already seen these facts hundreds of times, because that is how many times they have been published.

The lie from Reich Wing media that predictions are always/mostly wrong, wildly inaccurate, etc, is NOT borne out by the facts: Dunce -ley has had 20 years to type in "How reliable are climate models?" into Google. He have not, maybe fearing that the search results would not5 have cartoons or memes.

Here are the first results of such a search:

1602655777093.png

The search results go on for many pages. The models and predictions are accurate, Stu-pid-ley, as your own provided ice map bears out.

1603084701889.png