Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Those rioters/looters/arsonists should be shot. If there weren't any Corona Virus lock-downs, the riots still would have happened.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
I think left wing activists are stirring up the riots in the US in an attempt to damage Trump's election prospects.
Antifa are domestic terrorists. They call themselves "anti fascist" but they are the biggest fascists out there. Anyone who doesn't agree with their far left views are supposedly "r.a.c.i.s.t" or a "nazi" and should be physically assaulted or killed.

Reactions: Southy

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
I never heard antifa mentioned in any reports lately until Trump brought it up. Did anyone else? Of course with this level of civil unrest, you are going to see property destroyed and straightforward ....ity, we've all seen this before in different countries.The question is, is that the main thing going on here? The US police have hardly helped themselves with so many cases of appalling behaviour caught on camera, the kind of thing we Westerners used to mock when we saw them on out TV screens from some banana republic. Trump sees a law-and-order ticket, "come down on them hard" as his best chance of re-election. He may well be correct. As others have noted, if only doctors were as well equipped with PPE in the US and their militarised and armed-to-the-teeth police are. Still, priorities, eh?

Southy may 'think' left-wing activists are stirring up the riots (what evidence do you have of that, Southy? Can you explain why you think as you do?). The rest of the world seems to largely disagree, hence demonstrations in support of George Floyd all over European cities, and, I understand, in Auckland and Wellington too (don't know about Australia).

[edit] the word blanked out above and replaces by ellipses is actually 'kriminal'. But with a c, not a k. So why this word...?

Nope, me neither.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Protesting is fine. I don't agree with what that cop did either. A lot of people are doing more than protesting though. The looting and setting buildings and vehicles on fire and violence against people who had nothing to do with it is unreasonable and disgraceful. The police/military need to stop it. If it takes bullets to do that then so be it.

Southy

Knowledgeable Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Southy may 'think' left-wing activists are stirring up the riots (what evidence do you have of that, Southy? Can you explain why you think as you do?). The rest of the world seems to largely disagree, hence demonstrations in support of George Floyd all over European cities, and, I understand, in Auckland and Wellington too (don't know about Australia).

[edit] the word blanked out above and replaces by ellipses is actually 'kriminal'. But with a c, not a k. So why this word...?

Nope, me neither.
It seems like a distinct possibility to me, let's face it if the leftists stir up enough trouble then Trump may be the one to suffer at the polls this year.

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
It is well known that Antifa are anarchists.

Antifa is not a organisation , like the Ku Klux Klan or the Communist Party, it is a concept. A way that people might describe themselves. That they are anti-fascist. I am against fascism, are you? People who call themselves antifa may be a member of other groups, with different aims and attitudes.

Anarchists (a word some people seem to believe means "someone who blows things up". it doesn't) is a word almost always used wrongly. it has became a replacement for "bad person" completely removed from its true meaning.

I presume the construction "it is well-known that..." means "I'm just going to state this without offering any evidence, because other people have said it before."

moto748

Well Known Member
Sep 13, 2013
Ah, I see Trump has been tweeting about 'anarchists'. That explains it.

Southy

Knowledgeable Member
May 20, 2013
Daceyville
When I hear the word fascist I think of Hitler and Mussolini, not sure what ANTIFA are on about by protesting in a democracy, maybe they are Stalinists? shrug.gif

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
A good lady this one methinks.

To many have a vested interest in perpetuating misdeeds ...real and imagined.
Instead of working on a future they always prefer to moan about the past or try and use it as a tool to get more now.

ALPA does a great job for Indigenous work training and there should be more of it.
Sadly media and militants don't want to know about that.

In the USA demonstrations are fine to express your angst, point of view or support but violence isn't.
Taking political advantage will be rampant over the riots and Trump will wear it.
Seeing its an election year its a god send for the Democrats.

The whole issue is one of POLICE training that resulted in Floyds death.......As a matter of interest 4 others have died in this same manner of a knee to the back of the neck but you dont hear about it because the deceased were WHITE.

A Lot more whites are shot or killed in police confrontations each year than blacks but using Motos stats per capita black deaths are higher per capita
You might say per capita blacks commit more crime or they are just not as good as whites in avoiding the law.
Either way its something that needs to be addressed in apprehension training by Minneapolis police the Chief of which is also BLACK.
Trump has stood strong in a phone hook up with state governors and basically todl them to be more forceful.....with looters and .... elements hijacking protests.
He will however be vilified by CNN and anti Trumpers but he is right....stronger action needs to be taken against those floutign the law...not peacefully demonstrating.
violence.JPGviolence 1.JPGz 1.jpeg

stanleyg

Enthusiastic Member
Apr 17, 2013
When I hear the word fascist I think of Hitler and Mussolini, not sure what ANTIFA are on about by protesting in a democracy, maybe they are Stalinists? View attachment 3957
Antifa are professional activists like our "Get Up" but using violence to create mayhem...They are also LEFT WING democrat supporters.

RADICAL RABBIT

Bonza Member
Feb 6, 2018
Antifa is not a organisation , like the Ku Klux Klan or the Communist Party, it is a concept. A way that people might describe themselves. That they are anti-fascist. I am against fascism, are you? People who call themselves antifa may be a member of other groups, with different aims and attitudes.

Anarchists (a word some people seem to believe means "someone who blows things up". it doesn't) is a word almost always used wrongly. it has became a replacement for "bad person" completely removed from its true meaning.

I presume the construction "it is well-known that..." means "I'm just going to state this without offering any evidence, because other people have said it before."
No it isn't just a concept. There are actual Antifa groups online who organise riots and public meetings, and whilst not all anarchists blow things up, these are the type of people who actually do riot. Before the last U.S. Election, they would physically assault people outside of Trump rallies just for going to a rally. They usually wear black and wear masks and some wave those black and red flags. They call themselves anti-fascist but they act like fascists. If you don't agree with their far left wing political views then they think they have a justification to physically assault you and label you a Nazi. They aren't just in America either. They are in Britain and mainland Europe, and they have groups in Australia too. I saw some of them attack a group here in Australia, but some Antifa members got put in their place by a few guys with meaty Kookaburra cricket bats. Lol.

Reactions: stanleyg