Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
George Christensen pays back $2,100 after audit finds he misused travel expenses

Nationals MP who has come under fire for extensive trips to Philippines is found to have wrongfully billed taxpayers for domestic travel.

Like the Labor bloke who's spent a fortune travelling. All got their snouts in the trough.

Reactions: stanleyg and Southy

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
It's bloody amazing you SJ and Stan old codger, you don't believe Mckenzie did anything wrong! WTF! Also the auditor general did but the Porter Attorney General had no problem because it helped him. .... Politics - years ago in the 90's it was different. Maybe our Politicians don't give a stuff. So, As much as I can..cash and hand. Tomorrow actually - Half a day. Then I'll go to my Club at 2pm and a few mates there on Wednesday at 6pm. The draw. It's only 2 grand now.
Seeya.

Reactions: S J

Q'Billie Boy

May 2, 2013
WARNING: This story contains material that some readers may find upsetting

In an open letter, delivered on the eve of a WA trial, the Christian Brothers have admitted several brothers sexually abused child migrant John Thomas Lawrence for years from the age of nine in two Perth boys' homes.

But a lawyer for the organisation has argued he deserves a lower compensation payout than what his lawyers have sought because his poor upbringing meant he had a low earning capacity, regardless of the abuse.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
It's bloody amazing you SJ and Stan old codger, you don't believe Mckenzie did anything wrong! WTF! Also the auditor general did but the Porter Attorney General had no problem because it helped him. .... Politics - years ago in the 90's it was different. Maybe our Politicians don't give a stuff. So, As much as I can..cash and hand. Tomorrow actually - Half a day. Then I'll go to my Club at 2pm and a few mates there on Wednesday at 6pm. The draw. It's only 2 grand now.
Seeya.
The auditor general just said she DIDNT take the advice from the "sports council" and made her own decisions obviously with other advisors.
Somebody has their nose out joint because they didn't get the opportunity to boast about their role in handling out grants.
Labor knows all about pork barrelling.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
It would a Comm state like Russia - Putin now he can me the PM after he's Presidency ..Trump and Putin RE dictators ( the crap he says it's .... amazing) Probably the best President ever!
Then Australian PM care more for the Big Industry and .... equal rights. The right of religion crap will be a nightmare in 5 years time after that Bible basher moron get's deflown;
Has LIBs helped my Business and Labor Hell no. Now I'm going back what I use to do - cash in hand. 20% of the time. The Clients like it - Why? 15% cheaper than most Small businesses. The Chinese Plasterers use to do that in Sydney..maybe still?
you obviously know bugger all about Politics mate.
Putin and Medvedev have swapped those roles at the end of their terms for a few years and that enables them to be voted back in as President for another term
Its a Russian thing.
Trump has lifted the US economy and unemployment out of the mess of 8 years of Obama.

Being the owner of a small business you obviously also have no clue about big business either .
Big business is the corner stone of our economy...the better it is the more people they can employ and unlike labor the unemployed don't have to be hidden as Public servants
Equal rights is a great thing and everybody is born equal...then some become more equal than others.
Gays should be allowed to live their lives and Religious people should be allowed their religious beliefs unhindered.
Everybody should be equal under the Constitution so I dont agree with giving our Indigenous special mention in as that makes them more equal than the rest regardless of creed ,colour or culture

Doing cash in hand is a rort but might bring you some $$$ . Don't put it in your bank though...hide it under your pillow or you could get audited if the tax computer notices anomalies between declared income and your bank or spending .
You are also showing your Xenophobic side having a go at chinese plasterers

I do like the quality of your posts. Keep it up.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
you obviously know bugger all about Politics mate.
Putin and Medvedev have swapped those roles at the end of their terms for a few years and that enables them to be voted back in as President for another term
Its a Russian thing.
Trump has lifted the US economy and unemployment out of the mess of 8 years of Obama.

Being the owner of a small business you obviously also have no clue about big business either .
Big business is the corner stone of our economy...the better it is the more people they can employ and unlike labor the unemployed don't have to be hidden as Public servants
Equal rights is a great thing and everybody is born equal...then some become more equal than others.
Gays should be allowed to live their lives and Religious people should be allowed their religious beliefs unhindered.
Everybody should be equal under the Constitution so I dont agree with giving our Indigenous special mention in as that makes them more equal than the rest regardless of creed ,colour or culture

Doing cash in hand is a rort but might bring you some $$$ . Don't put it in your bank though...hide it under your pillow or you could get audited if the tax computer notices anomalies between declared income and your bank or spending .
You are also showing your Xenophobic side having a go at chinese plasterers

I do like the quality of your posts. Keep it up.
Well mate my old Man had 100 employees in the 80’s but when Liberals got into power Federal and state he had to do (great for the old Man In the 80's) then subbies 90's. The master who trained me he was one those 100 employees. Maybe he was a disappointed with me but I have 3 older brothers...so be it.
I’ve knocked off now. Easy $300.
I’m not saying Labor is good but LNP they are the same. I’m not sure how many times I have to say that?????!!!! Old codgers.

Last edited:

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Does anything Australia does matter???

Mate in 40 years time the Earth Population don't be 10 Billion. 4 points - 1. Climate 2. Infections - three. War 4. then maybe some countries will try to fix the water shortage. Desalination helps but different countries you don't have that.
For example - My Master when I was a Appreciate Carpenter - he grew up in Dubbo and he worked around the country towns. One occasion it was a dust storm, now it's frequent. He's like Stan and SJ but I spoke to him 2 days ago and he said " maybe you're correct"
I'll be dead by then anyway. I'm more concerned with my business and .... the Government Tax relief. It's a full of crap. My tax accountant he said "It should improve then rebate now, as you got nearly everything 18 months ago".
Put it this way - If Stan the Man and SJ - they have to devolve what they do? They don't! Typical Lib ....ers! BYE!

Last edited:

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Well mate my old Man had 100 employees in the 80’s but when Liberals got into power Federal and state he had to do (great for the old Man In the 80's) then subbies 90's. The master who trained me he was one those 100 employees. Maybe he was a disappointed with me but I have 3 older brothers...so be it.
I’ve knocked off now. Easy $300.
I’m not saying Labor is good but LNP they are the same. I’m not sure how many times I have to say that?????!!!! Old codgers.
I liked your comment but I have no clue what you were saying.
The last sentence is however understandable...a lot of rusted on Labor suporters were disappointed with their policies and the obstinance with which they stuck by them even if they couldn't account for how much it was going to cost.

I have said I vote for whomever has the policies that best benefit the country and have voted labor sometimes .

The bottom line is that even on a bad election year the LNP is a hell of a lot better than labor when it comes to our economy.

The economy is what pays for our country to function...more importantly it funds NDIS, health and of course our friends on centerlink , both those ones who want a job and multiple generations who think its their right to sponge of tax payers rather than seek a job.
greens 1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Southy

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Does anything Australia does matter???

Not in the slightest but Green activists will brow beat countries who money can be sponged out of for their climate junkets.
Even if we went to zero emissions and moved into caves it would have no impact on the activists version of "climate change " ( the smart ones are moving away from calling it global warming ).
It was actually heart warming to see Matthias stand up at that swiss climate fest with Greta watching on and defending our coal industry.
Not saying I am an expert but its something I have been saying all along and Matthias said our coal is cleaner, burns cleaner and is in DEMAND.
He added and this is the important thing If we don't sell it our customers will buy dirtier lignite coal from elsewhere and emissions would be even worse.

My suggestion to those flogging Green unreliables is to knuckle down and work hard to get their preferred option to a tech developed stage good enough to power Grids as cheap and reliable as fossil fuels,, then fossil fuels will phase out if they cant compete.

Just demanding they be used and forcing them on us is only making our girds unreliable and extremely expensive.

People cite places like Sweden as shining examples but overlook they can and do tap in to other countries power supply that is powered by NUKE.
We not only do not have Nuke but cant tap into other countries grids.
France has had Nuke power since the late 1950's and feed power to a lot of other euro countries while german also boosts its power from piped Russian gas.

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Not in the slightest but Green activists will brow beat countries who money can be sponged out of for their climate junkets.
Even if we went to zero emissions and moved into caves it would have no impact on the activists version of "climate change " ( the smart ones are moving away from calling it global warming ).
It was actually heart warming to see Matthias stand up at that swiss climate fest with Greta watching on and defending our coal industry.
Not saying I am an expert but its something I have been saying all along and Matthias said our coal is cleaner, burns cleaner and is in DEMAND.
He added and this is the important thing If we don't sell it our customers will buy dirtier lignite coal from elsewhere and emissions would be even worse.

My suggestion to those flogging Green unreliables is to knuckle down and work hard to get their preferred option to a tech developed stage good enough to power Grids as cheap and reliable as fossil fuels,, then fossil fuels will phase out if they cant compete.

Just demanding they be used and forcing them on us is only making our girds unreliable and extremely expensive.

People cite places like Sweden as shining examples but overlook they can and do tap in to other countries power supply that is powered by NUKE.
We not only do not have Nuke but cant tap into other countries grids.
France has had Nuke power since the late 1950's and feed power to a lot of other euro countries while german also boosts its power from piped Russian gas.
Our solar hot water system was damaged by hail and the insurance company paid us out so we are looking at installing solar panels, we think it''s a better way to go...........still need coal fired power though.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Seeya.
She's done no more than all the others have done. You may not agree but they all do that - and their constituents push them to.

I'd say she had nothing to do with it - maybe staff and departmental officers. But hardly measures up to the rorts that go on. At least some clubs got some money - it wasn't spent on travel and accommodation.

Southy

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
A bitter Malcolm Turnbull turning on ScoMo over the bushfires and trying to make himself look green again, yet when he was PM he was in full support of fracking to supply our gas needs and that can be a real environmental disaster.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
She's done no more than all the others have done. You may not agree but they all do that - and their constituents push them to.

I'd say she had nothing to do with it - maybe staff and departmental officers. But hardly measures up to the rorts that go on. At least some clubs got some money - it wasn't spent on travel and accommodation.
Mate if there is a Labor MP did this and there was, .... you and your old crony mate. You would what his or her head. Honestly the shit you write it's plain and simple. LNP is your party. You never say what you do for a living and also STG! Usually people are happy to say what they do - or not as happy if they hate their work. The 2 of you - well :confused:

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Our solar hot water system was damaged by hail and the insurance company paid us out so we are looking at installing solar panels, we think it''s a better way to go...........still need coal fired power though.
Solar Green unreliables can work well on a domestic building.....My house had a solar hot water unit on it when we moved and has only had to be replaced once so far at $4700.
The first hot day it chucked a fit and wasted gallons of water out the overflow..
.I rang the company (on a weekend of course and got the "don't worry about it" story and that they were not going to come out so I had to turn the water off and wait to almost the next day before I could turn it on again.
Oddly enough with yesterdays heat it did not bust a pressure relief valve so something can be said for Heat and lack of direct solar radiation as it was a cloudy day..clouds and smoke.

They aren't cheap even with the subsidies but you can get YOUR money back in ten to 25 years depending on the weather.
My issue with them is that being subsidised someone has to pay for it.
That often comes in the form of higher energy costs for Grid users who often cant afford the solar hot water or the photo voltaic panels.
The more people who get them (good luck to them) the more energy companies have to offset grid loss income.
Its an expensive dog chasing its tail exercise until Green Tech can power a Grid reliably and as cheaply as what currently works.
solar.JPG someone asked....( a green solar panel company) me what about coal stations arent they susceptible to hail damage?
Maybe the chimneys but they only release STEAM although Greens love to show the mon their websites when talking about evil coal

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
A bitter Malcolm Turnbull turning on ScoMo over the bushfires and trying to make himself look green again, yet when he was PM he was in full support of fracking to supply our gas needs and that can be a real environmental disaster.
Turdball is just a bitter old labor greenie who got rightfully dumped from his party.
He rolled Mr Abbot based on the numbe rof poor opinon polls but whenhe surpassed it they apparently no longer mattered.
The guy was realy a labor 5th columinst who was a shocker.
They should have conducted an investigation into how his son conveniently bought into green energy companies ...then Turdball released a very pro green policy.

I dont think Mckenzie did anything wrong handing out sporting grants cutting the Sports Council out of the loop.
The only error she may have made was handing a grant to the shooters club she had either joined or was intending to join.
It would however be interesting should that club have been one the sporting councils recommended

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I liked your comment but I have no clue what you were saying.
The last sentence is however understandable...a lot of rusted on Labor suporters were disappointed with their policies and the obstinance with which they stuck by them even if they couldn't account for how much it was going to cost.

I have said I vote for whomever has the policies that best benefit the country and have voted labor sometimes .

The bottom line is that even on a bad election year the LNP is a hell of a lot better than labor when it comes to our economy.

The economy is what pays for our country to function...more importantly it funds NDIS, health and of course our friends on centerlink , both those ones who want a job and multiple generations who think its their right to sponge of tax payers rather than seek a job.
what do you do for a job? Retired or semi retired. Owner of a Business? I never swore.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
It may take awhile to reply as the NBN went haywire for 1 week. Great NBN coverage. A few shows at night through netflix and some Foxtel movies...half way thru it justs out...lol! I go to bed then. The 20/20 cricket..I don't care to much.