Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Once again more anti-green propaganda. Wouldn't have anything to do with labor/liberals cutting funding for national parks now would it?
I think goats should be released into our national parks and state forests to keep the undergrowth down, then they could be harvested every year.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
I think goats should be released into our national parks and state forests to keep the undergrowth down, then they could be harvested every year.
Yes, they do great work, but not sure how they would be managed in a National Park with some sensitive species. But do agree they're much better then opening up to cattle.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Because I am Apolitical I have finally found something to criticise the LNP over, well actually a University YOUNG LNP club.

Brisbane Council and its "Rainbow" mob arranged for "Drag Queens" to read books to young children.

On the surface it seems like a "charitable" and community minded thing to do it is actually their way of making "alternate" lifestyles acceptable and seem normal to impressionable young kids.
The crux of the issue though is that the YOUNG LNP club stormed the "book reading" chanting Drag Queens are not for kids.
They may have had a valid point but by "storming" the book reading they are lowering themselves to the level of intolerant lefties and Greens which is totally inexcusable.
The Council however should have had a more sensible approach and had the Drag Queens do their readings "SANS " make up and everybody would have been happy
What really is the issue? If a parent doesn't want a drag queen to read to their children, then don't take them to the event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raboriginal

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Yes, they do great work, but not sure how they would be managed in a National Park with some sensitive species. But do agree they're much better then opening up to cattle.
I'm surprised by your response ALX, I thought you'd be deadset against the idea.

There's so many feral goats out west and I'm not sure why they are not replacing lamb on our menu, they're much easier to keep.

Which sensitive species are you thinking of and why would you prefer goats to cattle?

ALX22

May 2, 2013
I'm surprised by your response ALX, I thought you'd be deadset against the idea.

There's so many feral goats out west and I'm not sure why they are not replacing lamb on our menu, they're much easier to keep.

Which sensitive species are you thinking of and why would you prefer goats to cattle?
Always open to new ideas, but not cattle. Goats can be managed with fencing where larger bovines can't. Would love to see some government assistance to help round up these feral animals in areas, de-worm them and start up a farm in those rural areas. Perhaps the Nationals will support something like that. The same could happen with all the camels and water buffalo up in Northern Australia.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Its a mixture of many thing I feel. Climate change is in there - but rainfall is a factor too. Most scientists will state that the drought cannot be proven to be a factor of global warming - as yet. We've had records of massive droughts here for hundreds of years.

Been some funny "facts" though - more rain in the first 20 years of this century than in the first 20 years of the last century. We've had more rain so far this month then in the total last January.

Fire bugs play a role and the fuel build up - lack of management of parks. Also lack of money for the parks.

Unfortunately we've also had very bad winds. I remember in Canberra 20 years back - the winds were unbelievable in the fires their - we lost 4-500 houses and around 6 lives.

It is part of Australia. But sadly many want to blame people or events for everything and anything today.

I can see one benefit from the fires - the fuel build-up will now be gone - so I'll predict lesser fires next year and the next few years. Regardless of climate change.

Reactions: southsport

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
What really is the issue? If a parent doesn't want a drag queen to read to their children, then don't take them to the event.
The issue is two issues
One..... the demonstrators should not have "crashed" a childrens event they were lowering themselves to the level of intolerant lefties and greenies as well as possibly distressing young kids.
The other issue is using Drag Queens in full regalia is an insidiously subliminal attempt at impressing young kids with alternate lifestyles.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
ALX there are THE GREENS and GREENIES the latter of whom can be found in all walks of life but they particularly love to exercise power in governments from local council to Federal government and all levels between. It doesn't matter what Political party is in power as Greenies have infiltrated them all.

They are working tirelessly to obstruct in PUBLIC SERVICE and some are deliberately hired for those skills.
QLD J TRAD a Labor but Green leaning politician stacked QLD public service with her GREEN and GREENIE accomplices to frustrate the progress of approval for Adani and in the end it was only after a convoy led for former GREENS leader and Franklin dam messiah Bob Brown that the Premier realised the public were in favour of it and that was shown at the ballot box.

Cattle and horses have been grazing in our Snowy national parks since people moved there in the early 1800's so as much as Grens moan on about it that is no longer pristine natural bush and has not been for over 100 years.
Pulling them out has allowed thick undergrowth to form and fire trails to become overgrown.
Combine that with a drought you have a recipe for disaster and fire fronts that you cant access except by plane or helicopter.

The problem with Greens and Greenies is there is NO middle ground, no room for accommodation..its their way or demonstrations and disruption ensue.
Closing off fire trails as well meaning as the ideal behind them was plain stupid when reality hits home.

Last edited:

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Its a mixture of many thing I feel. Climate change is in there - but rainfall is a factor too. Most scientists will state that the drought cannot be proven to be a factor of global warming - as yet. We've had records of massive droughts here for hundreds of years.

Been some funny "facts" though - more rain in the first 20 years of this century than in the first 20 years of the last century. We've had more rain so far this month then in the total last January.

Fire bugs play a role and the fuel build up - lack of management of parks. Also lack of money for the parks.

Unfortunately we've also had very bad winds. I remember in Canberra 20 years back - the winds were unbelievable in the fires their - we lost 4-500 houses and around 6 lives.

It is part of Australia. But sadly many want to blame people or events for everything and anything today.

I can see one benefit from the fires - the fuel build-up will now be gone - so I'll predict lesser fires next year and the next few years. Regardless of climate change.
australian rainfall.JPG
All except hardend activists are now using "climate change" a naturally event that has been occurring for 4.5 billion years and will continue to change.
Most have been quietly dropped "Global warming" from their activism.
There are obviously many reasons for this but basically its a case of...
We are still having HOT summers in the south aggravated or mitigated depending on El Nino or La Nina effect
At the same time the north is having its usual chilly winters and in Iceland on glaciers that haven't existed since 2008 according to the Green predictions under their "global warming" mantra people were having to get rescued during blizzards.
Greens going to film NO ice in the antarctic and north pole are getting stuck in it also needing to be rescued.
That isn't indicative of "global" warming but sure signs of season shifting but still occurring as LOCAL weather.

The argument of course is how much in the way of human emissions might be affecting the planets weather.
I will consider the Green activists and Climate extinctionists people of some form of integrity or holding genuine concerns when they go to India or China and glue themselves to their roads seeing they are the major emitters.
China gets a "pass" because they regard as a "developing" nation but truth be told that's where all their Green unreliables are built and it takes the power of fossil fuels to generate the power.
Instead of outright opposition and anarchy activists should be conciliatory and work with governments not just DEMAND expensive change.
When their unreliables actually become cost effective and cheaper then a lot of fossil fuels will phase out .
In the interim they should be encouraging the use of Hele anthracite coal generators as they burn cleaner with reduced emissions.
If we do not export our coal buyers will purchase dirty brown lignite coal which is not as clean or burns as well but it is CHEAPER.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
ALX there are THE GREENS and GREENIES the latter of whom can be found in all walks of life but they particularly love to exercise power in governments from local council to Federal government and all levels between. It doesn't matter what Political party is in power as Greenies have infiltrated them all.

They are working tirelessly to obstruct in PUBLIC SERVICE and some are deliberately hired for those skills.
QLD J TRAD a Labor but Green leaning politician stacked QLD public service with her GREEN and GREENIE accomplices to frustrate the progress of approval for Adani and in the end it was only after a convoy led for former GREENS leader and Franklin dam messiah Bob Brown that the Premier realised the public were in favour of it and that was shown at the ballot box.

Cattle and horses have been grazing in our Snowy national parks since people moved there in the early 1800's so as much as Grens moan on about it that is no longer pristine natural bush and has not been for over 100 years.
Pulling them out has allowed thick undergrowth to form and fire trails to become overgrown.
Combine that with a drought you have a recipe for disaster and fire fronts that you cant access except by plane or helicopter.

The problem with Greens and Greenies is there is NO middle ground, no room for accommodation..its their way or demonstrations and disruption ensue.
Closing off fire trails as well meaning as the ideal behind them was plain stupid when reality hits home.

Do you accept the role that the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors have played in these thick undergrowths of the weeds they have introduced into this country?

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Do you accept the role that the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors have played in these thick undergrowths of the weeds they have introduced into this country?
I've spent a bit of time in the NSW state forests and I can only see natural vegetation.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
I thought I will mention this - who cares a damn with harry and meghan = it ain't our taxes. Before work fucking call back FM crap. My history is Irish and bitser - Portuguese - illegal on my Mother side and my Father side -some jew with adoption his Mother - Jesus was a Jew..haha. They are back stabber though - for 2000 years ..lol! fuck oath! Anyway - India will Win.

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Any particular state forest? Surely Lantana camara is everywhere there...
Mainly the Eurobodalla shire forests on the NSW south coast where the fires went through Belowra and Nerigundah, actually from Nowra to south of Eden and also some areas on the north coast.

Reactions: ALX22

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Actually all those that you have named would be responsible for THINNING out thick undergrowths and keeping open fire trails so that RFS would not be reporting fires in so many areas as "inaccessible"
we have had cattle and horses in our "snowy " areas since the early 1800's so it is far from what the Greens are calling "pristine".
Banning cattle and culling brumbies has allowed undergrowth to thicken up considerably in a lot of areas.

Anywhere you have bushland be it local parks or even your own gardens suffer weed issues and you would know that.

Why you might ask?
well first off a major carrier of weeds (weeds being plants not naturally found in that area) is WIND you know the wind Greens love to run unreliable wind turbines from
and
The big one also being bird POOP.
They eat plants seed and all then go and spread them far and wide.
Just the other day I had a cockatoo actually beat a kookaburra to some meat and run off with it then happily chew it .
( I dread the thought of cannibal meat eating cockies)

Even locally I personally have issues with the wind blowing Robinia seed into the yard and those thorny trees popping up everywhere. Meanwhile the birds are eating Mariah seeds and dropping them all over the neighbourhood.

Basically contrary to Greenies Lock up the parks , close the fire trails policy RFS need access and the bush needs to be thinned along with forest especially as we keep building houses amongst or next to it. Those Eucalypt trees with their oil really burn.

Our indigenous peoples while NOT having land care in mind were however very good managers of australian bush with their burn offs....
It kept bush from getting too thick, kept under growth fuel from building up and in return it made it easier for them to hunt our wildlife who also benefitted from burn offs.
As an aside we even have birds in australia who actually spread fires by dropping burning sticks about.

You appear to be finally sorting out Brexit but now you have MEGGSIT. How is that going for you?

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Mainly the Eurobodalla shire forests on the NSW south coast where the fires went through Belowra and Nerigundah, actually from Nowra to south of Eden and also some areas on the north coast.
I spent a lot of time at McConkeys pub near the chees factory. It would be a shame to see either go up in flames

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Any particular state forest? Surely Lantana camara is everywhere there...
Goats love it and a lot of farmers and even outlying councils have embraced using goats to reduce lantana and Blackberry.
You can use chemicals but natural treatment works well to and both the goats and you get a feed as a result.
Even certain breeds of chinese ducks love to eat weeds rather than crops to.
That is one sort of "Green" thing I do totally support.