Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I will, and an unborn baby is a different soul from the mother.
that's applying religious beliefs to something that has never been proven to be the case that we have a "soul"
You can believe in it if it makes you feel better about dying but so far no one has come back to tell us about it (unless you count Shirley Mclaine ).
Th only qualification I will give to this sad issue is that if as a result of the medical termination the subject is "alive" within the definition that medical staff should do all they can to ensure proper medical treatment is given.

Pauline and Kevins "inquiry" should be interesting.
When it comes to the family court you are dealing with peoples emotions and their "goods and Chattels".

We have had family court judges murdered and blown up because its such a sensitive issue.
Women can and have been known to be as callous as men when kids or property is involved in broken relationships.

They made attempts at smoothing out maintenance payments by using the Tax Office but people shift their money and assets to avoid or reduce payments.
Some payment orders leave bugger all for the paying spouse to live on or support their "new " family".

When it comes to custody all kinds of allegations are thrown around , some true but most embossed to be worse than they are.
Visitation rights are obstructed.

You also have court bans on some seeing their kids at all BUT some ex or separated spouses ignore them thinking they are doing the right thing with disaster ensuing....
.Rosie Batty comes to mind ….she let her kid see daddy despite the court and daddy killed him.
Rosie has since been praised as a tireless worker and even just got an AO.
All because she ignored a court order. When she should have called the police she didn't and her child was killed.

Basically the whole thing is a very bitter mess that does need to be looked at.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
Yes but those vehemently against dams or other infrastructure always find or invent flora or fauna issues to back their case that are just time wasting hoping developers or government will put it in the "too hard" basket because of all that obstruction.
That's sad that you have this ulterior thought about people like myself who do this kind of work. I don't think you have a clear understanding of the fact checking that's goes into it. Even if you find say an endangered plant, the government seems to find away around it, or just clears it anyway.

Reactions: southsport

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
we should stop giving any money to the climate fund!

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018

Reactions: ALX22

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
we should stop giving any money to the climate fund!

Wonder what projects the money has gone to. Perhaps the Australian Government didn't get a receipt? haha

southsport

May 20, 2013
Daceyville
Wonder what projects the money has gone to. Perhaps the Australian Government didn't get a receipt? haha
Mentioned on the radio yesterday that a trillion dollars have gone into this fund and the scientists are all clamouring for a slice of it.

Reactions: ALX22

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
I would prefer us to completely stop giving the UN money for anything and use that money to build more renewable energy and subsidise people's energy bills! Then watch those New World Order/Globalist shit-stains try and tell us we aren't doing our part!

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
That's sad that you have this ulterior thought about people like myself who do this kind of work. I don't think you have a clear understanding of the fact checking that's goes into it. Even if you find say an endangered plant, the government seems to find away around it, or just clears it anyway.
Its not a case of being "sad" its just a fact.
Everytime a new or old infrastructure redevelopment is touted the permanently against everything mob come out waving their placards and demanding that the "golden bell frog" should stop development for the 2000 Olympics at home bush.
They waved their placards over a supposedly endangered "black throated finch" to try and stop Adani when they are plentiful in Qld.

They are moaning about a one in one hundred year flood preventative issue with increasing the height of Warragamba dam......a temporary water retention to stop flooding NOT store water on a permanent basis but only for a few weeks ….if necessary
Given their climate emergency mantra they should actually be saying "go ahead waste money on it because there will never be any water in the dam" ...according to Tim Flannery.

They don't like dams and are citing flora and fauna issues to support THEIR mantra not because they are worried about flora or fauna.
They don't give a bugger our population has outstripped our current water supply.

Tim's last effort caused state governments to spend $billions on De Sal which is as Bob carr described it...."bottled electricity".
Victoria has just come out against Dams in compliance with Green Mantra....Their solution is....they will just run their De Sal all the time again conveniently forgetting the amount of power they need and their own reliance on unreliable greenpower which lacks baseload capabilities.

There is also the old fall back position of "finding" and claiming indigenous heritage sites.
I can even recall a certain former NRL indigenous player trying to claim a "sacred" site at Sans Souci over an "old " midden.
The only problem was he was actually caught out tossing old oyster shells over a back fence to substantiate his "claim".

While some people are genuine in their research there are more than enough shonks about for people to take a cynical over all view.
All it does is bog down projects in court and end up costing tax payers or developers a hell of a lot more while the activists and Nimbys move on to their next cause celebre.
The current cause is the "Climate emergency" and at least this time they are not moaning about all the endangered flora and fauna BUT blaming QLD bushfires in NEW areas on "global warming".
They of course again conveniently overlook their own policy of being AGAINST back burning or that the fires have been through that area before
Hasten slowly with beneficial infrastructure but outright obstructionism is getting a bit tiresome.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
They waved their placards over a supposedly endangered "black throated finch" to try and stop Adani when they are plentiful in Qld.
Did you borrow that quote from the QLD LNP leader Deb Frecklington?

If you have information that you believe warrants the removal of the Endangered status of the Black Throated Finch (Southern Subspecies) then please make yourself known to both the QLD Government and Australian Government with your relevant field work.

Until, it will remain as Endangered in Queensland (Nature Conservation Act 1992) and nationally (Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999). It is ranked as a high priority under the Department of Science Back on Track Species Prioritisation Framework.

Now that's a fact.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Did you borrow that quote from the QLD LNP leader Deb Frecklington?

If you have information that you believe warrants the removal of the Endangered status of the Black Throated Finch (Southern Subspecies) then please make yourself known to both the QLD Government and Australian Government with your relevant field work.

Until, it will remain as Endangered in Queensland (Nature Conservation Act 1992) and nationally (Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999). It is ranked as a high priority under the Department of Science Back on Track Species Prioritisation Framework.

Now that's a fact.
I borrowed NO quote from anyone and I wouldnt have a clue who Deb Freckles is..
It was just a simple observation of FACT.

I am saying that there are plenty of black throated finches in Qld. ( even polar bears are on an endangered species list BUT there are more of them than ever)
That doesn't make them NOT endangered. I have even seen them being bred in captivity to boost their numbers.
I am saying that citing the presence or lack of presence of a bird is grasping at straws by Greens to try and prevent a lawful business.
It is one of the standard modus Operandi by the Greens to prevent things they don't like.
That is also a FACT

I am also saying that we just a had a small turn out for a national climate emergency strike.
The organisers had what are usually packed crowds at a demonstration spread out leaving visible gaps to make the crowd look bigger than they were.

They also gave a lot of consideration to their emergency by using paper or cardboard placards that involved cutting down trees.
They travelled via fossil fuel powered transport to get there
They wore industrially produced clothing
They were busy networking on their electrically charged phones made from that demon plastic.

spoken to by some people they said they travelled by Fossil fuel power.....because it was too Far.

They wheeled out kids who were lucky to have enough knowledge or world experience to find their way to the letter box.
Some were supposed to be doing exams and said they were "prepared to Fail" to demonstrate which again shows lack of commitment to the world they live in
Their teachers who sprout Greenisms will probably give them an exam pass with "distinction"eve though they didn't sit the test.

You have to wonder once the adrenaline of their "big day out" wore off how many of those young kids had climate emergency bad dreams last night.