Opinion Politics: Comment & Opinions. WARNING: RUDE WORDS & DIFFERING VIEWS.

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
well with Hanson and the LNP they have no idea. Lambie is correct. My sister is a centre (mental) but she and the staff of the mental centre, it's difficult as hell to get a bed in a drug and alcohol centre. My sister has both - codeine and straight vodka. lol!
Trouble is its quite expensive. I'd like to see them reorganise what we spend money on.

Also some real help for the bush - eg water set-up; transport; medical help etc etc.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I really should have taken he who should not be named advice and watched more Bolt report ages ago.
It has been quite interesting lately.
I wasn't impressed with his "badgering" G Liu over china.
She may have relatives back in honkers and being a politician she cant come out and criticise our main trading partner by agreeing he is a dictator as much as Bolt wanted her to. Even the Labor politician couldn't be duped into saying it either as much as Andrew wanted her too and he was so disappointed.

In Bolts eyes Peng is dictator but under their political system he is Chairman or President until the CP decide he has to go and no different from Castro.
A dictator is someone who seizes power by military intervention and wont give power up until he too is removed by uprising ….like Gaddafi or Idi.

On a more funny note it was interesting to see Green global warmists had set sail into the arctic to do a report on all that melting ice.......and got STUCK in ice.
Mr Bolt then cited two more recent (in the last two years) of these intrepid climate change activists (including an Australian Green member of Parliament) getting stuck in ice and needing to be rescued.
It wont stop their wild claims though unfortunately and people like brainwashed Thunberg will continue to be taken advantage of by these people.
Her arrival in NY and climate meetings attracted more media than supporters so even that will be hard for her to understand

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Trouble is its quite expensive. I'd like to see them reorganise what we spend money on.

Also some real help for the bush - eg water set-up; transport; medical help etc etc.
well brother my sister lives 7 hours away from Sydney, but she's at a mental hospital in Sydney but still no beds in the drug and alcohol centres. Her husband pays taxes. LNP(Fed) state - NSW - And Hanson they're for of bullshit mate!

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
well brother my sister lives 7 hours away from Sydney, but she's at a mental hospital in Sydney but still no beds in the drug and alcohol centres. Her husband pays taxes. LNP(Fed) state - NSW - And Hanson they're for of bullshit mate!
you tell 'em bazza! don't take any of stanleyg's bs! :-D

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
She certainly did say it...after she did some research over night.

It was a terrible badgering interview by Bolt BUT the Kenny Report took it and ran with it the next day.

Kenny used sensationalism to sell it saying Gladys Liu DENIED being a member and played part of a Bolt interview to support it.
In it Gladys said " I don't RECALL being a member and until I do I cant say I was ".
That to me doesn't sound like a denial but a clear statement ( whether it is true is another issue)of not RECALLING.
The next day she corrected it and confirmed the record.
So far there is NO proof she has taken any money to spruik China like Hong Kong Sam nor has she spruiked how wonderful the PRC is.
No hue and cry was made about Pro China foreign minister Bob Carr in the labor government either and both he and Sam actively promoted the PRC.

There is also the issue that she may have "family" back home that could be in danger if she so far as far as the PRC is concerned she is toeing the Government and opposition diplomatic line. Bolt can say Dictator if he likes but when you are in Government or opposition you have to be more circumspect with your major trading partner.
The other scenario is to keep an eye on your enemy you keep them close and being an "honorary " member of groups can be beneficial

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Sad to hear about your sisters situation.
You can thank lack of beds or institutions for people suffering mental health issues on LABOR.
In a NSW Labor Social Engineering policy they decided these poor unfortunates should be out in the public domain because it would be good for them.
They even had plans to sell off Callen Park after it closed.
In an ideal world every person with health problems be it mental or physical should have a Dr and two nurses at their beck and call or by their bedside.
Unfortunatly we live in the real world where there is only so much money pie available for all the demands on it by various groups.
Yes some would stick their hands up and say well spend the money on the new stadia on it but new facilities are also good for peoples well being not to mention bringing more money into the budget over time that can be spent on welfare or other services.
Its just a sad fact of life that as our population is rapidly boosted by home birth, country shoppers and refugees they require financial assistance while also vastly outstripping our ability to boost infrastructure services which include medical. How long since you attended an ER? they are often choc full of people who could go to a local GP but go for the FREE service.
My missus took a fall and split her skull.
Conveyed by ambulance she sat around holding a pressure bandage to her bloodied head for over five hours.
She saw people arriving after her being attended to before her for things like a sore toe.
One medical practioner of "asian" appearance kept calling in "asian" looking clients so finally my missus jacked up and suddenly she was treated.
Did they forget her in the crush? or were there priorities set along other lines besides triage?.

Reactions: Rabbits 21

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
Sad to hear about your sisters situation.
You can thank lack of beds or institutions for people suffering mental health issues on LABOR.
In a NSW Labor Social Engineering policy they decided these poor unfortunates should be out in the public domain because it would be good for them.
They even had plans to sell off Callen Park after it closed.
In an ideal world every person with health problems be it mental or physical should have a Dr and two nurses at their beck and call or by their bedside.
Unfortunatly we live in the real world where there is only so much money pie available for all the demands on it by various groups.
Yes some would stick their hands up and say well spend the money on the new stadia on it but new facilities are also good for peoples well being not to mention bringing more money into the budget over time that can be spent on welfare or other services.
Its just a sad fact of life that as our population is rapidly boosted by home birth, country shoppers and refugees they require financial assistance while also vastly outstripping our ability to boost infrastructure services which include medical. How long since you attended an ER? they are often choc full of people who could go to a local GP but go for the FREE service.
My missus took a fall and split her skull.
Conveyed by ambulance she sat around holding a pressure bandage to her bloodied head for over five hours.
She saw people arriving after her being attended to before her for things like a sore toe.
One medical practioner of "asian" appearance kept calling in "asian" looking clients so finally my missus jacked up and suddenly she was treated.
Did they forget her in the crush? or were there priorities set along other lines besides triage?.
Both parties are rubbish - and that's an actually fact. I've been in hospitals more than most people..3 brain injuries, colitis broken crap, eye sockets etc. So don't give the LNP party crap! I know you're member of the Libs, so no preach to me.

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
Both parties are rubbish - and that's an actually fact. I've been in hospitals more than most people..3 brain injuries, colitis broken crap, eye sockets etc. So don't give the LNP party crap! I know you're member of the Libs, so no preach to me.
Correct!

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
I have told you before about ASSUMING and here you are doing it again.
Again for your edification I will say it again....
I am NOT a member of ANY party be it LIB NP, LP. ON or even the weirdo Greens.
I just call it how I see it and it snot my fault Labor as a government or even an opposition is worse than the LNP.

Much to my chagrin I have occasionally BUT rarely voted LABOR when they actually put up good policy but unfortunately once they got into office it was the usual spendathons and tax rises.
Whitlam had so many "wonderful" social reform ideas he over spent and tried to borrow back door money through a guy called Khemlani to keep his government afloat.
Hawkey gave us mediscare another well intentioned policy that is basically a disaster.
Private health costs are exhorbitantly high now and ER rooms are full to bursting with people getting treatment "on the cheap".
His government also went missing with planting 1 BILLION trees and NO child shall lived in poverty by 1999.
If you ask the average man in the street what they remember about hawky is....him in that jacket saying any boss who sacks someone for dodging work is a bum.

You then have the Krud Gillard Krudd government.
Overspending again and almost sending us broke with a useless NBN, $16 Billion on school halls, Pink batts, open borders and deaths at sea plus the Carbon tax you wont have under Gillard Carbon Tax.
I wont bother with the Shorten policy proposals but labor still hasn't taken those idiotic polices off the table in opposition so it appears they DONT learn from failure

Its a long list but you can see why they provide so much fodder to talk about.
The worst thing the Libs have done in recent years is giver that 5th columist for the labor party Turdball a second chance at leadership.

Bazza

Apr 11, 2016
put it this way - stan the man thinks the Liberal are gold or titanium or uranium! f**k the earth! What's better ???? clean energy or nuclear - most SMART people believe invest big time for clear energy - the Libs invest huge amounts foor coal - Billions and Billions - the Fox and sky they never say that as their owners have dividends from them. It's pretty simple really - stan old codger reds what he wants to read! Simple people...some young individuals they are to stupid.

ALX22

May 2, 2013
Sunshine Coast
Prime Minister @ScottMorrisonMP has made an embarrassing gaffe as he continues to defend Liberal MP Gladys Liu, saying he never called Sam Dastayari 'Shanghai Sam', despite uttering the phrase on camera in 2016.

Reactions: S J

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
put it this way - stan the man thinks the Liberal are gold or titanium or uranium! f**k the earth! What's better ???? clean energy or nuclear - most SMART people believe invest big time for clear energy - the Libs invest huge amounts foor coal - Billions and Billions - the Fox and sky they never say that as their owners have dividends from them. It's pretty simple really - stan old codger reds what he wants to read! Simple people...some young individuals they are to stupid.
Someone obviously doesn't read what I say or just chooses to ignore it.

Once more for the Dummies......Labor IS USELESS. The LNP is the best of two bad choices and the only really good thing I can say about them is they are a better option than the Nutter Greens.

Are we talking about clean or clear energy? I guess he isn't too sure BUT Nuke power is clean energy as it has NO emissions and unlike wind or solar is RELIABLE.
Wind and solar can be a boon in domestic use where you can adapt to intermittent power supply.
They are however too Unreliable and TOO expensive even as heavily subsidised as they are to run a grid on their own.
Since the rush to go Greenpower power prices have soared 220%.
Victoria and south Australia are embracing unreliables and pay $99 and $91 per MWH while other states are paying a LOT less.
Qld is currently one of the cheapest for power but with their planned Go Green and emissions reduction policies people would be living by candle light if its implemented.
Spending over $930 BILLION over 40 years to go green and only managing 18% for wind and solar while you get 18% from Hydro already is a lot of money for little result by Germany. Especially when your main power supply remains COAL and NUKE.
Victoria is heading for problems because it has cut its baseload suppliers a lot with draconian laws to force them out of business.
It will rely on its wind and solar but expect other states to save them with a power feed when its cloudy or no wind thenthey will tell voters how well their greenpower works while they pay even more on their bills.

Even a dummy knows or should know for a business to be viable it has to return a PROFIT or it wouldnt be in business

S J

Staff member
Feb 2, 2013
Time Traveller
Prime Minister @ScottMorrisonMP has made an embarrassing gaffe as he continues to defend Liberal MP Gladys Liu, saying he never called Sam Dastayari 'Shanghai Sam', despite uttering the phrase on camera in 2016.
Minor issue. I had a shanghai when I was a kid. Nasty things.

BUT - why can't they just say - oops - bad choice of words.

stanleyg

Apr 17, 2013
Minor issue. I had a shanghai when I was a kid. Nasty things.

BUT - why can't they just say - oops - bad choice of words.
Yes obviously a mix up by Sco Mo.
It was Shanghai Charlie and Hong Kong Sam Dastyari
Politics is a dirty business....that's why Albo has that bastion of all things Asian P WONG standing next to him when talking about the "LIU" issue to divert from a xenophobic issue.

moto748

Sep 13, 2013
I thought you Aussies took a pride in not being offended by insults in politics?

But here's the thing: words don't matter (hardly) a damn. Actions do.

Reactions: Rabbits 21 and S J

RADICAL RABBIT

Feb 6, 2018
It sounds like Labor are abandoning their 2030 green energy goals and are replacing them with 2050 green energy goals.

2050. That's 31 years away!